Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport (7866 Views)

This Golden Beast with a flaming SEX Appeal / Behold the beast INFINIX is bringing to earth! KEVLAR? ! / Gionee Launched Another Beast With 1gig Ram.gionee P2s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2014
The BlackBerry Passport is the first high-end
model to be produced during Chen's reign, and
includes a unique QWERTY keyboard that
doubles
as a trackpad. With three rows of physical keys
(all letters, no punctuations or numbers), a row
of
virtual keys, swipe backwards on the keypad and it deletes words.
The BlackBerry Passport offers a 4.5 inch
screen
with a resolution of 1440 x 1440, resulting in a
pixel density of 453ppi. To put that in
perspective,
that tops the 441ppi pixel density of the HTC
One
(M8) . Gorilla Glass 3 protects the screen from
scratches and the 1:1 aspect ratio means that
the
screen is box shaped. A quad-core 2.2GHz
Snapdragon 800 is under the hood, with the
Adreno 330 GPU crunching graphics. 3GB of
RAM
is on board and there is 32GB of native storage.
The hot swappable microSD slot has a 32GB
capacity. A 13MP rear-facing camera includes
OIS, and there is a 2MP front-facing snapper. Also equipped with a MONSTER 3450mAh
battery. A nano SIM card slot is included.
Now go wipe the drool off your mouth. This is
obviously the most delectable 'Berry since, well,
ever and it sure beats lotta Android Flagships

A BEAST IN THE MAKING!!

4 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 24, 2014
No pics of it?
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by ibdeals1(m): 9:19am On Aug 24, 2014
source? pix? undecided
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by lomprico(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2014
What's d price range?
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2014
A picture, they say, is worth a thousnd words. Where are your thousand words? undecided

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by deeobserver209(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2014
I don't like blackberry phones.

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2014
deeobserver209: I don't like blackberry phones.

This ain't just any blackberry device, It's a game changer

7 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2014
deeobserver209: I don't like blackberry phones.
you are not alone.

3 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:07am On Aug 24, 2014
Scyllapatron:
you are not alone.
If you know anything about specs then this should most definitely joggle your mind a bit....Was also a blackberry hater prior to this

4 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by pweetyholly(f): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2014
Wow!

5 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by onatisi(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2014
emaminaj:

This ain't just any blackberry device, It's a game changer
what makes it a game changer
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2014
onatisi: what makes it a game changer

Know what?? Throw in any flagship Android phone or any in the Apple Range and let's c huh
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by onatisi(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2014
emaminaj:

Know what?? Throw in any flagship Android phone or any in the Apple Range and let's c huh
I believe u , but ttry and tell us what makes this model unique
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Lagusta(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2014
This beast can be easily co,mpared to a galaxy note 3!!!

But for how much
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2014
onatisi: I believe u , but ttry and tell us what makes this model unique

First the battery has been revamped to 3450mAh a whole lot more than the 2800mAh on the S5
Higher pixel density than a host of Android flagships and then Android apps would run on it cos Android runtime is getting updated to
Android 4.3 on BlackBerry 10.3. Those who have
tested the update say that Android apps open in
less than two seconds... so??

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by rattlesnake(m): 11:12am On Aug 24, 2014
crap
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by VantagePoint: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2014
emaminaj:

As long as it runs on BlackBerry OS, it is no beast

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Lagusta(m): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2014
VantagePoint:
As long as it runs on BlackBerry OS, it is no beast

there is a large difference between BBOS5-7 and the OS10...

Play with a Z10 and feel the diff

4 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2014
Omo mehn! shocked Hw much last? grin
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by onuwaje(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2014
Lagusta:

there is a large difference between BBOS5-7 and the OS10...

Play with a Z10 and feel the diff
Or Q10,Q5,Z3,Z30

3 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Dollarjunkie: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Was thinking of the next phone to buy after changing my Bold2 to Bold5, then to Z10. Now Op have giving me the name of the phone to use next.

BLACKBERRY PASSPORT

Thanks!, exactly what I'm looking for....

#Blackberry till I see aeroplane in a car wash!

9 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by priscaoge(f): 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
I am waiting for Blackberry IDcard grin

6 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Bosun13: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
people judge BB tru Their laast OS but if u realy try latest BB10 OS u ll never back to android again ..... My advise for pple is that I know many pple love to use iphone but due to lack of file sharing,non battery removable and laack of memory card nd many more but fliud OS. So..xactly OS that buttery and fluid like ios of iphone is BB OS ...... After tested z10 AV madeup mind thAt I ll nevr use andriod gain

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Mynd44: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Data consumption?
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Defaramade(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
See as the phone look like slate, I'll pass
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by ChuckVentures(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2014
Last time I heard, this was a concept phone. Or has it been released into the market?
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by emaminaj(m): 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
ChuckVentures: Last time I heard, this was a concept phone. Or has it been released into the market?

It's no concept bro...due to be released next month but already announced that's why yhu can see the specs
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by karmaleon: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Is that all its got...? it looks like a dwarf to me. should be renamed blackberry pygmy or midget...
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
Lagusta: This beast can be easily co,mpared to a galaxy note 3!!!

But for how much
it can compared galaxy note 3 bt nt his senior brother galaxy note 4

1 Like

Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by Collinz2(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
Bosun13: people judge BB tru Their laast OS but if u realy try latest BB10 OS u ll never back to android again ..... My advise for pple is that I know many pple love to use iphone but due to lack of file sharing,non battery removable and laack of memory card nd many more but fliud OS. So..xactly OS that buttery and fluid like ios of iphone is BB OS ...... After tested z10 AV madeup mind thAt I ll nevr use andriod gain
whats so special about bb10 os and perhaps they are android in disguise. The only prob with android and ios is the data consumption.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by MARKone(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
OP the "Beast" has been made already. By September it should be made available to the public.
Re: Behold The Beast: Blackberry Passport by alotofgrace(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Code For Blocking A Number From Calling You On Mtn / MTN Data Bonus..... Better And More Attractive / How Long Does It Take For An NIN To Get Validated.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.