Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Acl Shipping Company - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Acl Shipping Company (7647 Views)

Latest Acl / Grimaldi Sailing Schedule From The East Coast Of Usa / Shipping From Ny To Cotonou Or Lagos Via Acl Grimaldi / Per Acl Grimaldi Sailing From Usa To Nigeria - No More Ctn Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acl Shipping Company by layifioren(m): 6:31am On Oct 24, 2008
Hello Nairalanders, while doing more research today I ran into a shipping company called ACL with decent shipping rates. They ship from NJ, Baltimore and Jacksonville for $1,100. Well, my question is has anyone ever heard or used this company. Please if you have let me know of your experience with them. Their website is www.aclcargo.com. Thanks
Re: Acl Shipping Company by jenju(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2008
layifioren:

Hello Nairalanders, while doing more research today I ran into a shipping company called ACL with decent shipping rates. They ship from NJ, Baltimore and Jacksonville for $1,100. Well, my question is has anyone ever heard or used this company. Please if you have let me know of your experience with them. Their website is www.aclcargo.com. Thanks

layifioren.

I've shipped both RORO and containerized vehicles with this company in the past, but I stopped using their services last year. ACL is actually the shipping company called Grimaldi in Nigeria and they have their own terminal in Lagos.

The problem I had with them was that, 4 cars I shipped RORO arrived in Lagos almost 5 months after I delivered the cars to the port. They are notorious for overbooking and they were never able to tell me when my cars were leaving for Nigeria. They simply said fist come, first served, but forgot to mention the hundreds of cars that were ahead of me and had been in the port for 3 months already.

If you are shipping a container and they tell you it will leave on the 5th of January, I'd advise you to assume that the container will leave the following sometime in February. If it is RORO, forget it, find another company.

My experience with them is limited to their east coast operation, I'm not sure of their operations elsewhere.

The positive thing about them is that, because they have their own terminal, your clearing agent will have an easier time because, most documentation will be processed within the same terminal as opposed to all over the place. Their terminals are also safer than most others.

If you don't want your customers suspecting that you've absconded with their money, stay away from ACL. If time is not a major concern, then go fo it. They normally ship directly to Nigeria and once they sail, they get to Nigeria in about 15 days.

Cheers,
J
Re: Acl Shipping Company by layifioren(m): 8:06am On Oct 24, 2008
God bless you my brother. I know they are Grimaldi. Please contact me fola_duro@yahoo.com and we fit talk. I have other options but I just want to know if there are better options. Thanks
Re: Acl Shipping Company by ToToChoper: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2008
Same experience earlier this year RORO from Jacksonville, FL-----3months and the vehicles I sent hadn't reached Nigeria----talk about going nuts.

Though I would admit nothing was tampered with inside the cars, but the wait would definitely create uncertainties about this company.
Re: Acl Shipping Company by 2Rich4U(m): 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ Jenju - God bless you for that insight about ACL.

I need to ship a car asap to naija, the earlier booking I have now is Nov 30th, can u recommend any other agent that might have an earlier and reliable booking?
Re: Acl Shipping Company by akpumpin1: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2008
can anyone please recommend any reliable agent with direct sail to lagos from houston.
Re: Acl Shipping Company by jenju(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2008
2Rich4U:

@ Jenju - God bless you for that insight about ACL.

I need to ship a car asap to naija, the earlier booking I have now is Nov 30th, can u recommend any other agent that might have an earlier and reliable booking?

Send your phone number to me, though I'm not a freight forwarder, I may be able to help you get your vehicle on a ship leaving Nov 11. tikola70@hotmail.com
Re: Acl Shipping Company by akpumpin1: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2008
any shipping agent from houston
Re: Acl Shipping Company by ziontrain: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
@Akpumpkin1 email me at "straighttalk60@gmail.com". I will get you a shipping company in Houston.
Re: Acl Shipping Company by akpumpin1: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Acl Shipping Company by ToToChoper: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2008
There are many freight forwarders in Houston due to the large naija base there. If you like straight answers, no hassles and excellent service, please refer to these two.

1. Sifax (ask for Stella): (281) 820 -9000/ (281)701-5240

2. ADCLtd. Shipping and Commercial Services (ask for Alex): (832) 816-8615
Re: Acl Shipping Company by fredgil: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2009
If you really love yourself, do not use ACL. That company is the worst shipping company you can ever think of. With a little extra bucks you can have rest of mind. Your car will spend at least 5 months before it gets to Nigeria.

Fred
Re: Acl Shipping Company by adexcarz(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2009
Google AES shipping coy, They are Located in NJ .
Re: Acl Shipping Company by akpumpin1: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2009
adexcarz:

Google AES shipping coy, They are Located in NJ .
adexcars have you used AES shipping before? how reliable are they? can u recomend them? are they shipping from anywhere in US? ur insight will be helpfull.
Re: Acl Shipping Company by rukatech: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2009
I have used ACL for both RORO and containerized vehicles from the east coast US. I WILL NEVER use the company again, unless I do not have any other option. The company will overbook and will never tell you when to expect shipment or even when the ship will depart. I totally agree with other posters here who had bad experience dealing with them. I wish the company will read this post.
Re: Acl Shipping Company by OCEANLANE: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2010
FM : OCEANLANE SHIPPING
MANAGING DIRECTOR
E-MAIL : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com
Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40

I inform you that we have set up new shipping agencies in US and West Africa (including Nigeria and Benin)

We are specialized in shipping containers and vehicles from US East Coast to West Africa.

We are offering short transit times and real competive rates for shipment of containers and vehicles.

For more informations , please contact us by email or check our web site on : www.oceanems.com and www.oceanlane-shipping.com

Thank you in advance for your cooperation ,

Best Regards
OCEANLANE SHIPPING
Re: Acl Shipping Company by bash123(m): 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2010
Hello There,
We would like you to visit our Company Web GoGlobaCargo.com , if you are interested in Shipping Cars from the US to West Africa, we will be more than happy to assist you,

Get a quote from us you won't regret!

Thanks,

Bob Khalil
Cel.786.362.4320
Go Global Cargo

Re: Acl Shipping Company by OCEANLANE: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2010
Web : www.oceanlane-shipping.com ( AFRICA )
www.oceanems.com ( USA )

Truck Rate : $ 53 per CUBIC METER !!!!

VEhicles Up To 899 cft : $ 975

OCEANLANE SHIPPING SARL
PK 10 - Route Porto Novo
02 BP 1542 COTONOU - BENIN
Tel / Fax : +229 21 37 71 84
E-Mail : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com
Mobile Tel : +229 97 97 40 40 / +1 678 389 9840
Re: Acl Shipping Company by OCEANLANE: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2010
We have been shipping Trucks to Nigeria for more than 10 years .

DANGOTE Group is one of our best client .

If you need any quote , please contact me : oceanlane-shipping@hotmail.com

Freight payable locally in Africa .

Regards
MANAGEMENT

Web : www.oceanlane-shipping.com ( AFRICA )
www.oceanems.com ( USA )
Re: Acl Shipping Company by Aloo: 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
Hei is a company i used, simply the best, there rates are as follows
PORT TO PORT STARTING @
> LAGOS 875
> Lome, Togo 650
> Cotonou, Benin 650
> TEMA 950
thier website www.alltransportdepot.com

(1) (Reply)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL fully loaded For Sale (price reduced - 1.8 Mil) / SOLD OUT CLA 250 In Ibadan 09027804148 / Brand New Toyota Hiace Buses For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.