Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,225 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million (4009 Views)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him / Award For Taxi-driver Who Returned N18M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2014
pro01: I sincerely hope he doesn't have cause to regret it down the line.

Before u know it..all d pple praising him and telling him well done will even forget his existence...and he is left wit wat actually..?going back to his 20k salary..? aw long will dat sustain him and his family..?as far as am concerned..he can take d money, use it wisely and in return even give more sef wit interest to d owner much later on in life...(just giving instances)opportunity dey say comes only but once..buh like u said...I sincerely hope and pray he does not regret his actions..not wit d way d country is dis days...
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2014
PassingShot:

I don't blame you. Yours is a classic example of the Nigerian society: thinking that everyone is like them - no integrity, no honour and no moral standing.

From your post, it is logical for me to conclude that if you find yourself in the man's shoes, you will steal the money and claim innocence.

So, to answer your question, yes I will return it without even thinking about another option.

Kindly answer these questions too;
1. Would you pray to lose that kind of money in a similar circumstance?
2. On what moral ground do you condemn our leaders if you see nothing wrong in stealing someone else's money? At least in their own looting, they don't directly take from you.

This type of reaction and mindset from you and your likes is the more reason Ngeria is DOOMED.

Wit all of ur preaching....it is so obvious u r gonna return it....and deceiving urselves is so easy..u ain't gonna fool anyone buh urself...and for ur info..am not based in naija u bum hole..and wit d way u'all are screaming in naija dis days...u guys needs it d most...plus...am done wit dis topic...av loads of work to attend too..plus time is money here..u shud also go to work..dats if u av one anyway...it's monday mrg... undecided undecided undecided...stay blessed...plus..waever u might wanna say again..#teamnigeria# buh def not #teamfakers#
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by PassingShot(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Wit all of ur preaching....it is so obvious u r gonna return it....and deceiving urselves is so easy..u ain't gonna fool anyone buh urself...and for ur info..am not based in naija u bum hole..and wit d way u'all are screaming in naija dis days...u guys needs it d most...plus...am done wit dis topic...av loads of work to attend too..plus time is money here..u shud also go to work..dats if u av one anyway...it's monday mrg... undecided undecided undecided...stay blessed...plus..waever u might wanna say again..#teamnigeria# buh def not #teamfakers#

Insults and abusive words are what people bereft of logic resort to.

And what is wrong in being based in Naija? Many in Nigeria are doing far better than so many outside for your info. If it will make you a bit sensible, let it be known to you that I'm also not based in Naija even though it doesn't add or remove from the fact that you are a potential thief. You've just not gotten the opportunity to steal.

Now I know that "jideomowunmi" or whatever he/she calls herself is a big thief. I was not going to say that but for the insult you hauled at me.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by PassingShot(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi:

Before u know it..all d pple praising him and telling him well done will even forget his existence...and he is left wit wat actually..?going back to his 20k salary..? aw long will dat sustain him and his family..?as far as am concerned..he can take d money, use it wisely and in return even give more sef wit interest to d owner much later on in life...(just giving instances)opportunity dey say comes only but once..buh like u said...I sincerely hope and pray he does not regret his actions..not wit d way d country is dis days...

Stop justifying your wrong and warped opinion. You encourage stealing and I wonder what you teach your children (if you have any).

So, why do you condemn your leaders looting the treasury if you see nothing wrong in stealing another person's money?

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Leetunechi: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2014
Some people are just too confortable being in poverty..the fool who lost the money has more in where it came from..i bet that 17m would have been enough for you to relocate out of jigawa befor shekau comes callin...smh undecided
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Chienex24(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014
You sure say no be this kind thing dey make Nigerians remain poor?.......
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2014
Leetunechi: Some people are just too confortable being in poverty..the fool who lost the money has more in where it came from..i bet that 17m would have been enough for you to relocate out of jigawa befor shekau comes callin...smh undecided

I hope you're not among those that call our leaders thieves - because you don't have the moral standing to do so.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Leetunechi: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2014
HNosegbe:

I hope you're not among those that call our leaders thieves - because you don't have the moral standing to do so.

lol
we are all thieves tongue .
If you are made the president of nigeria tomoro..you are likely to do worse than the then abacha and co'. So stop nagging tongue .deep down you.you know it will take the grace of God to return that money.well..thank God the man did. If na me..no way tongue .i have lost some couple of stuffs and none has been returned

No hard feelin bro cool
I'm just saying my mind..
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by MizMyColi(f): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Thancuuu
ebullientV: It's In YOU!!! cheesy
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by JEITO: 11:32am On Aug 25, 2014
Thanks to the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Nigerians are now believing in the country and doing what is right cool
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Vivalavida99(f): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2014
Leetunechi:

lol
we are all thieves tongue .
If you are made the president of nigeria tomoro..you are likely to do worse than the then abacha and co'. So stop nagging tongue .deep down you.you know it will take the grace of God to return that money.well..thank God the man did. If na me..no way tongue .i have lost some couple of stuffs and none has been returned

No hard feelin bro cool
I'm just saying my mind..

I like you for being honest and saying your mind. Not everyone praising him on this forum will return it, if they really want to be honest with themselves, they are just plain hypocrites.

As for me, i can't possibly tell if i will return it or not, until it happens.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Izunwa(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2014
Me? Return the money I pray oo cheesy
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by ignis: 11:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Am glad we still have good people with integrity in this country.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
JEITO: [s] Thanks to the transformation agenda of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, [/s] Nigerians are now believing in the country and doing what is right cool
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by desgiezd(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2014
Its so encouraging seeing this sort of things by Nigerians. It shows that we still have angels right in our midst.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Bsmartt(m): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
This man is a rare gem. I hope that his name will be on the National award list for 2014. Let's wait and see what the Jigawa state Government, Federal Government ,His employers and corporate organizations have for the angel from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jovalkom(m): 12:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
dis is the sort of people who ought to be leading dis country and not d criminally minded lyk doz cursing him dis is d bane of our nation only god can let dere b change

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
jideomowunmi: Abbeggii...make I hear word jare..which kind stupid integrity and value..dem dey do am seriously from him village he never realise am... angry angry sad...he dey vex me sef...like say make I slap d value commot from him face...da kind money..chai...infact..my if I try am, my parent sef go disown me...hain hain... angry angry..abeg someone shud help me wit his fone number make I yab d hell out of him..mtcheewww

Your parents will disown you for returning that kind of money.....

I wanted to ask your parents number so I can tell them what I have in mind right now.. angry

Any parent/s that supports their kids to take what doesn't belong to them.... angry angry

I'm so angry I don't want to say it..... angry

4 Likes

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by scribble: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2014
there is already a thread on this

i hope this one doesnt now go and make front page

mr mod
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Fxwarrior: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
berem: I hope he was handsomely rewarded. Giving him recommendations and showering him praises is not all that he needs. Jigawa governor should give him a better employment asap.

In 3 years time when reality kicks in. I hope he doesn't regret his decision then because that same hotel that gave him recomendation letter won't hesitate to give another redirection letter. wink
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
I know the limit to which I can act out my integrity and faithfulness not in this phenomenon,I bet the reward that would be given to him wouldn't be up to 1million,that guy had a poverty stricken mindset I call MEDIOCRE,had it been he has handled big money before in his entire life he would have known how to conceal that cash and bank it without hesitating and still continue working there as camouflage for sometime,Truth is he was scared and nervous and even naïve that's when religion kicked in and held him captive,that's the reason religion exist,to tame man so man can be controlled and governed,paint this picture,If a graduate with no job but a worker in that same hotel was the founder in this same situation,would he have spoken about the money?
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jideomowunmi(f): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
gbosaa:

Your parents will disown you for returning that kind of money.....

I wanted to ask your parents number so I can tell them what I have in mind right now.. angry

Any parent/s that supports their kids to take what doesn't belong to them.... angry angry

I'm so angry I don't want to say it..... angry

U gat me laughing...it's an irony jo...
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by iheanyi40(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mehn

Dat man try iswear

If na me I no de return shi shi.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Lucasbalo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lilimax: This man Yusuf Usman has once proved that we still have sincere Nigerians
in the midst of this present generation where insincerity is the order of the day.

He should be given a well paid job asap.
Amen.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Lucasbalo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
Chienex24: You sure say no be this kind thing dey make Nigerians remain poor?.......
Taking what doesn't belong to you doesn't make you rich . Your sweat makes you reach not any other illegal stuff.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by PapiWata: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
Anyone lodging with $110K CASH in a hotel is definitely up to SOME manner of criminality, and, as a hotel porter, I would have considered it my sacred duty to deprive the suspect of his operating budget.

While I admire the ideological honesty of the hotel worker who returned that amount in cash to its "rightful" owner, I personally would have walked away with every last penny of that money, grateful that I had done my part to deprive a criminal of his ill gotten gains.

To assuage my conscience after making that big score, I would have donated a whopping 110 thousand naira to the motherless babies home, and left a gift of 419 naira to the first miracle pastor I encountered, before vanishing from the public eye until such time as ALL that confiscated money had been spent on wine, women and song.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by AdeniyiA(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
pro01: I sincerely hope he doesn't have cause to regret it down the line.
isn't it better to regret the right you did rather than the wrong you did?

1 Like

Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by sunex: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
If na me ds kin tin go hard me do ooo, considering the struggle... God giv me d grace to do such tin ooo
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jmaine: 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: I agree with you that his intent was based on his moral and professional values rather for financial value. The commendation letters is the BEST Reward. However, If he's offered money from the Owner, the best thing is to handover the money to the Hotel Management, the Management May ask him to keep it or May give him in part as appreciation for loyalty and sincerity. They may decide to reject it altogether. But whichever the case his involving the Management will cement his position that he does't see money as ultimate in life

Say wetin happen . . .na slave him be to the hotel wey him go consult them before accepting his reward.

Na wa for you oo . . . .
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

Say wetin happen . . .na slave him be to the hotel wey him go consult them before accepting his reward.

Na wa for you oo . . . .
We both have different value system.
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by jmaine: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
whatlyf: We both have different value system.

Na by so, he doesn't need to consult the hotel management if his honesty is being rewarded.

He can instead elect to share it with all of them to show unity, solidarity, and resolve of the hotel to uphold honesty at all cost .
Re: Meet Hotel Worker Who Returned N17million by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
jmaine:

Na by so, he doesn't need to consult the hotel management if his honesty is being rewarded.

He can instead elect to share it with all of them to show unity and solidarity, and resolve of the hotel to uphold honesty at all cost .
I see your point. But remember he GAVE the lump sum to his hotel management, they asked him to keep it in a safe. In same way he should present the financial reward to them and I am sure they will tell him to keep it. From the article, It was clear that the Management are decent people. You get?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of The Man We All Know As Julius Berger, Who Built Our Bridges / Why ISIS And Boko Haram Are Killing Moslems / Why Are The IPOB Yoots Applying For The "Zoo" Police Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.