Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari (27226 Views)

Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG / Stolen Funds: No Plea Bargain — FG / Ooni’s Death ’ll Be Announced In Due Course — Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday promised to reveal the names of former government officials who have voluntarily returned looted funds to the coffers of the Federal Government in “due course”, saying that early disclosure of their identities “may jeopardize the possibility of bigger recoveries.”

“In due course, the Central Bank of Nigeria will make information available to the public on the surrendered funds,” said President Buhari at the 2015 edition of the annual Osigwe Anyiam-Osigwe Foundation Lecture in Lagos.

He said his government owes Nigerians adequate information on recovery of looted funds, explaining that it is part of the collective effort to change the country from the “bastion of corruption it currently is, to a place of probity and transparency”.

In his speech, Buhari said his government has identified corruption as the major problem facing the country. He noted that the phenomenon must be curtailed if the issues of collapsing educational system, diversification of our economy, fostering a welfare based agenda for the disadvantaged, infrastructural development, which were central to his government’s change agenda, could be effectively tackled.

“The primary attention that tackling corruption earned in the course of our campaign and in determining the final outcome of the election underpins how seriously Nigerians see corruption as a fundamental factor crippling the progress and development of the country. Nigerians are, indeed, convinced that except we curtail corruption, the country will remain in perennial regression.

“It is upon this conviction of our people that corruption poses great danger and should be curtailed that we anchor our hope. It underpins our assurance that the efforts of this government in checking corruption will yield significant successes in the final outcome.

“In other words, we note that sheer heroism cannot achieve the elimination of corruption from our social space. What is most required is the conviction of the populace that corruption is an antithesis to social cohesion and development, and must be eliminated. We must get to a point where every Nigerian begins to hate corruption with a passion, and collectively determine to root it out of our body polity.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/12/those-who-returned-stolen-funds-will-be-named-in-due-course-buhari/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
kiss

Fighting corruption being the theme the current administration used in kicking out the previous one is going against as most of thought...

It further begs the question.... HAVE WE BEEN SCAMMED?

I hope not.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
When Did He Include This In His Campaign Promises??..

11 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Baba abeg we need names ooooooooooooooooooooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Wu cares

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by tempex88(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
We need Jobs. We need people to spend

4 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OnankpaBa(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
when sir?

any way i knew the list will be full of Jonathan Boys and PDP.

10 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OnankpaBa(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
philipzz:
Wu cares

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by funlord(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
grin

Let's find out the "oliver twist goats" in our midst that love "yams" more than the rest of us!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
they should have left the likes of dasuki, dokpeski and co to return their quietly instead of persecuting them..... #my2cents

2 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by Meriekriss: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Are we still using "will"? Nawa ooo

Check my signature for your total decoration solutions. We are currently running a promo

1 Like

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by SmithEnemona(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
ISOKAY....
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
grin grin
OZAOEKPE:
they should have left the likes of dasuki, dokpeski and co to return their quietly instead of persecuting them..... #my2cents
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by StOla: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
How this man managed to isolate his soul from the infectious Nigerian corruption is still a mystery.

Many who feel threatened that a Nigerian could be this upright, would soon come here to declare that how dare he pretend to be a saint.
These people have always known corruption to be a Nigerian way of life. Their fathers and mothers are beneficiaries of the corrupt system, and woe betide that leader who would dare to deny them of their corruption priviledges.

Sai Baba, call on me. I am willing to quit my life of luxury from honest earnings to come pursue corrupt men and women to the end of this world. Even into hell, to retrieve them for a Nigerian judgement that many have escaped in the years when the presidency was the greatest promoter of corruption.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OnankpaBa(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
When Did He Include This In His Campaign Promises??..

WAILER SPOTTED!!!

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by StunningCEO: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
God bless this great president.

8 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by alcmene: 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Buhari is an animal.....very deceitful and clueless thief

He will publish the name of the looters and the amount looted when he might have ROUGH-HANDLED the funds at his disposal

Believe Buhari to be a honest gentleman at your own peril

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:
grin grin
WHY YOU THEY SHINE TEETH, ABI NA LIE I TALK?
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
alcmene:

He will publish the name of the looters and the amount looted when he might have ROUGH-HANDLED the funds at his disposal

Bros you harsh o....anyway, the animal is the one rulling us all. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

WHY YOU THEY SHINE TEETH, ABI NA LIE I TALK?

my guy, i no wan argue o.. am just enjoying your comments. smiley
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by oluwaSmith1(f): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
smiley
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by mazzi: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
Government of will,zombies should bear in mind that nobody has gone to jail since over seven months he assumed office.
Those I see standing on trail are only perceived enemies while the real thieves are regarded as associates!

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OnankpaBa(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
alcmene:

and the animal is your president

24 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
tempex88:
We need Jobs. We need people to spend

Bros, you you no get job?

4 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by Agimor(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
Don't think it would be a decision. I would advise them to conceal their identity.
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:

my guy, i no wan argue o.. am just enjoying your comments. smiley
ME WAN ARGUE?
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by alcmene: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Bros you harsh o....anyway, the animal is the one rulling us all. cheesy

Ruling you not me

How sure are you that i am a nigerian

And if i happened to be a nigerian, how sure are you that i have not renounced my Nigerian citizenship

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

ME WAN ARGUE?

smiley
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by DONSMITH123(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
alcmene:

Ruling you not me

And if i happened to be a nigerian, how sure are you that i have not renounced my Nigerian citizenship

i laugh in spanish grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by tempex88(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
Fortissimo:

Bros, you you no get job?

bros, u no dey review wetin u write before u hit enter?

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by SirSmithHarry(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
good
Re: Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari by OnankpaBa(m): 2:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
alcmene:

[s]Ruling you not me

And if i happened to be a nigerian, how sure are you that i have not renounced my Nigerian citizenship[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aba Stands Still On Ikpeazu's Arrival (pictures) / Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi / Governor Okowa And Wife, Edith Test Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.