Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Severance Package Non-payment - Please Advise What To Do - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Severance Package Non-payment - Please Advise What To Do (742 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Daily Independent Staff Go On Strike Over Non-payment Of Salary (Photos) / Chevron Nupeng Members Block Entrance Due To Non Payment Of Dues (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Severance Package Non-payment - Please Advise What To Do by slimslim: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2008
Dear Nairalanders,

This is from a friend:

Please I need advice from all in the house on what to do on my predicament.

I served a company for more than 20years. I resigned over a year ago and till date; my entitlement has not been paid. I do not have any problem with them before I left, my resignation letter was accepted and even the acceptance letter given to me states all what I am entitled to.

The painful aspect of it is that each time, I go to the company, their response is that they don’t have money and there has been no commitment on the part of the company, even if they won’t pay me at once.

Dear all in the house, I can’t afford a lawyer as the little saving I’ve had over the years has been spent since for more than a year, I have not been working and even the entitlement I can use to start something better have not been given to me.

I’ll appreciate the help of anyone in the house in giving an advise on what I can do to get my money.

I look forward to your response. God bless you all.
Re: Severance Package Non-payment - Please Advise What To Do by GoldCircle: 6:36am On Oct 25, 2008
Hey slim! I feel U!it's really pathetic!But you've got to rise up & walk!Self pity will do no good.
My sincere advice is for U to get the services of a lawyer. I know for sure that there are so many lawyers that will take up this case on your behalf at little or no upfront fee.All you should do is to work out an arrangment with him on how much he will be entitled to once your case sails tru. Think about this.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Banks Should I Join / Effect Of Global Meltdown: Did It Affect You In Anyway? / What Does It Takes 2 Open A Medical Diagnostic Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.