Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" (2625 Views)

Nigeria Troops Clear Gwoza To Yemteke Road Of Roadside Mines And Ieds Photos / FIRE FOR FIRE! Jonathan Changes Gear, Bombards Fayose | Tells Him To Resign / NTA Changes Gear:buhari Has Masters Degree In Strategic Studies(video!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by RedEboe(m): 9:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Please tune in to BBC world service scroll right now if you have access to cable TV.

They've changed their earlier reportage that 480 Nigerian troops 'flee' in to Cameroun. Now BBC is seemingly confirming Nigeria's DHQ's press release.

Perharps Camerounian military authorities where just scared of having a large amount of Nigerian troops on their territory ,thus they released the defection story to save face.

Also Boko Haram agents in Cameroun may also have initiated this propaganda.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Emmafrancis: 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
U dey mind these foreign media. They can't see anything good in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
This people are trying so hard to turn us against our government but somehow, it continues to fail.

The story of 100 abducted young men

The story of hoisting flag

And this recent story. Imagine 480 soldiers who can just sell their weapons and mix up with the society in any other African country if they are tired of the Nigerian army.

7 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by 4Play(m): 9:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Defect, flee then cross. . .all edited within hours. Not sure what to believe anymore.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
U de mind them,britain milking us since 1914

5 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by nigerianvenom(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
i dont blame bbc,i blame our anti democracy congress.they know what they re doing
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by kadas01(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
We would surely defeat them all!!

These jihadists and their imperialist sponsors would never know peace! Even in the after life!!

Half plot of land sef, dem no go ever ever see collect from Naija!

Bunch of LOOOOSERS!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 25, 2014
I don't take BBC's shit!
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by lilprinze: 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
British hating on Nigerians since 18BC
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by vedd: 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Still doesn't change the fact that they flee there as a result of an overwhelming enemy attack. That single incident makes them a deserter at anytime.
Forget about vocabulary.

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by RedEboe(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
vedd: Still doesn't change the fact that they flee there as a result of an overwhelming enemy attack. That single incident makes them a deserter at anytime.
Forget about vocabulary.

Mumu....

11 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by CoolKizzy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
vedd: Still doesn't change the fact that they flee there as a result of an overwhelming enemy attack. That single incident makes them a deserter at anytime.
Forget about vocabulary.

you are a phool sir, pick army recruitment form or stfu

7 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 26, 2014
Yep! I just confirmed it.

Meanwhile, these are some of the top comments from the original thread were most people believed the news:

480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.]

Johnathan is a disgrace as a man.

This is what has gained GEJ uniform condemnation from virtually all his peers worldwide while his brainwashed fans talk and attack everyone, including a mere journalist like Isha Sesay, as if the world is deliberately against their oga. Even as this allegation is not verified, I would not be surprised if this turns out to be true because many unprecedented and terrible developments, such as that claimed here, are the outcome of the kind of callous self-servitude and corruption GEJ is working with even the worst despot like Abacha did not display.

GEJ is literally destroying every Nigerian institution with his myopic greed and lust for power at all cost. He has virtually bankrupted Nigeria buying support he assumes will help him remain in power. He has, to the detriment of Nigeria, been capitulating to political blackmailers and extortionists from day one and since he was sworn in as acting President !!! Why will we not witness the destruction and dismantling of the Nigerian Army when $18 billion disbursed to strengthen our Army's capability against Boko Haram was embezzled under GEJ? When the money that is to be used to defend the nation is looted (something we did not even see under the worst dictators) then what else do Nigerians need to see to note , as many have stated already, that GEJ is a "very dangerous President"?

This is unheard off.
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

While GEJ supporters and his army chiefs may choose to deny the story, i am 100% sure that it happened.

Whatever smoke that has been rising in this regime has fire underneath it and they keep denying. A soldier confirmed the story and actually placed a call on speaker to confirm from some of his boys that he got information that were involved. The two he called confirmed that they have deserted but have decided to return. Although this article claims 480, my informer said only just above 80 soldiers deserted.

Nigerian soldiers are begining to lose morale because of the realisation that the Boko haram is an obvious conspiracy. Nigerian army is one or the best in Africa but cannot handle Boko haram, thats an irony. While the less capable Cameroonian army has seriously dealth with Boko haram on their own side, Nigerian army cant for no obvious reason other than the fact that Boko is better armed and somehow manage to get funds and intelligence from no obvious where.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 26, 2014
UchihaMadara: Yep! I just confirmed it.

Meanwhile, these are some of the top comments from the original thread were most people believed the news:

Bros do you still take Nigerians serious? Abeg even Nigerians don't take Nigerians serious. Nobody can successfully propagandise Nigerians because a lot of the time, the finer points of propaganda simply go over everyone's head here. The people here understand nothing about anything - they don't even understand themselves. That's why I laugh at all these foreign 5th columnists trying to do "Nigerian Spring" for us. That format nor fit work here, our people head strong pass baobab tree bark. The information will hit their bulletproof brain and bounce off. Even all the ones who come here and write rubbish 24/7, just light banger outside their window and see as their story will change, much less gunfire. undecided You'll be surprised at the number of people who come here everyday to bash PDP/APC who won't even vote when the time comes or will vote based on community or tribal sentiments. All this online information warfare business, it simply doesn't work here and I would know because I work in commercial PR. It's my job to understand how to find a backdoor entrance into a Nigerian's brain and what everyone has discovered is that you can even walk in through the front door and program anything into a Nigerian's head but at the end na you go frustrate because the program go always malfunction so far as na nigerian head e enter.
Na to just siddon dey look my people. undecided

16 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 26, 2014
rickkid:
Bros do you still take Nigerians serious? Abeg even Nigerians don't take Nigerians serious. Nobody can successfully propagandise Nigerians because a lot of the time, the finer points of propaganda simply go over everyone's head here. The people here understand nothing about anything - they don't even understand themselves. That's why I laugh at all these foreign 5th columnists trying to do "Nigerian Spring" for us. That format nor fit work here, our people head strong pass baobab tree bark. The information will hit their bulletproof brain and bounce off. Even all the ones who come here and write rubbish 24/7, just light banger outside their window and see as their story will change, much less gunfire. undecided You'll be surprised at the number of people who come here everyday to bash PDP/APC who won't even vote when the time comes or will vote based on community or tribal sentiments. All this online information warfare business, it simply doesn't work here and I would know because I work in commercial PR. It's my job to understand how to find a backdoor entrance into a Nigerian's brain and what everyone has discovered is that you can even walk in through the front door and program anything into a Nigerian's head but at the end na you go frustrate because the program go always malfunction so far as na nigerian head e enter.

Everyone's cracking me up on nairaland today, this is hilarious!

On a serious note though, you have very valid points.

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by desirewhet(m): 1:01am On Aug 26, 2014
The media has rili caused more confusion in this fight!! We just don't know what to believe, dey give us numbers like they have a counter on ground there!! I know Nigeria will win dis war shaaa

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 26, 2014
I was just laughing reading the comments of some idiots on that thread. anything from oyibo must be truth according to them. slaves without a mind of their own.
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by HarrveySpecter(m): 6:02am On Aug 26, 2014
Nigerians are just impossible! So because it's BBC they should get their source from where? Heaven?

Most of the western media carry news that local media carry. So those of you insulting BBC should chill.

Meanwhile, it doesn't change the fact that soldiers are fleeing daily!

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by seankafor(m): 7:23am On Aug 26, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Nigerians are just impossible! So because it's BBC they should get their source from where? Heaven?

Most of the western media carry news that local media carry. So those of you insulting BBC should chill.

picture of them fleeing or u go and wash plates
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Crossed to Cameroon for peace mission or wetin? Or Cameroon be there territory? Bokoharam dey hoist flag for naija town naija soldiers dey cross to cameroon, to go do wetin? Some idiots now think they have scored political point because BBC said they crossed instead of flee... may your helper go to your neighbors house to dance kukere when your house is on fire, if you comment here to score cheap political point.

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Mekky2010: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2014
How can the soldiers defect to Cameroon? Are we fighting with Cameroon? I would have understood if they reported that the soldiers defected to Boko Haram, or were they trying to say that the soldiers have taken Cameroon citizenship and joined their army instead..?

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by shigoslim(m): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2014
I laugh @gullible, low self esteem nigerians who can't used their Brain properly, believing everything the West publicize against my beloved Nigeria.

If our gallant heroes our fleeing then the casualties of our gallant Army should be minimum, if our army are fleeing then bokoharam should hve overrun our government.

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 26, 2014
BBC should be sued

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by kernel504(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2014
I hate UK seriously, they are evil. Using the empty-headed Hausas to govern us, then.
The amalgamation of Nigeria is solely there idea.Today we are forced to have cannibals (Boko Haram) among us all because of this unhealthy entity called Nigeria.
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by HarrveySpecter(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2014
seankafor: picture of them fleeing or u go and wash plates
Watch shekaus latest video.
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by snthesis(m): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2014
rickkid:
actually this guyz are seriously trying to study us.... thats y ive kept mum for sometime, i noticed it with a thread by Ishilove "why are Nigerians so unserious" a very subtle way to see how we reason....
https://www.nairaland.com/1837952/why-nigerians-unserious

1 Like

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by ignis: 10:58am On Aug 26, 2014
It's now obvious that BBC don't have the success of Nigeria in mind They are seriously against our progress.

It pains me that a lot of people are yet to realize this.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
snthesis:
actually this guyz are seriously trying to study us.... thats y ive kept mum for sometime, i noticed it with a thread by Ishilove "why are Nigerians so unserious" a very subtle way to see how we reason....
https://www.nairaland.com/1837952/why-nigerians-unserious
Exactly. There are hundreds of foreign agents here on Nairaland even posting in pidgin and Nigerian languages. Don't be surprised if I tell you that the tribal warfare that goes on here is instigated by foreign elements trying to divide us Rwanda style. Except it never works because in real life Nigerians are just not like that. Unlike Asian or Western countries where their online persona reflects real life, the Nigerian internet and the Nigerian street are two completely different places.
What Ishilove was actually saying in essence is "Why is it that Nigerians remain so cheerful and happy-go-lucky despite the horrific things we are doing and plan to do to them everyday? How do you people absorb all this and continue smiling?"

They will continue to be confounded. They can never understand.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
ignis: It's now obvious that BBC don't have the success of Nigeria in mind They are seriously against our progress.

It pains me that a lot of people are yet to realize this.
This is a broadcaster owned by the government of a country which invaded us and colonised us for nearly 100 years. A country which sent its people across the Atlantic to come and claim our land and resources for itself and put our people in prison for protesting against foreign occupation.

The fact that some people actually expect such a country to somehow have our interest at heart is absolutely mind-boggling. I mean what's not to get?

But as I said earlier, Nigerians have bulletproof brains. We are the most delightfully irrational people on earth (well except Ghanaians).

I don't quite understand how we're managing it, but somehow we make it work.
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2014
HarrveySpecter:
Watch shekaus latest video.
Believe whatever you want. It doesn't change the price of garri in the market. undecided
Re: BBC Changes Gear,now Says "Nigeria Troops Cross Into Cameroun" by phantom(m): 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Nigerians are just impossible! So because it's BBC they should get their source from where? Heaven?

leave them o jare ! Nigerians are incapable of deductive reasoning.

meanwhile, why you and Jessica Pearson no wan give my man Louis litt partnership? una no dey try o! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed:aircraft On Top TB Joshua's Building Is A Nigerian Air Force? / Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi / 16 Years of APC(Lagos) leadership, No library was established

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.