Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,253 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! (3285 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / We Are God!!!!! / Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2014
Good Evening.

This is a big topic, and I will try and keep it short (or break into chunks). In this writing, I will tear down and expose the blind guides on NL (and many of modern day Christianity), who claim that Yahshua came to destroy the law and the prophets, and institute a new religion. Over a series of posts:
1. I will prove with scripture that the laws are not done away with
2. I will prove that if you say you love God but keep not his commandments, you are a liar
3. I will show that if you reject the laws, you have not the spirit. So most of you have NEVER had the holy spirit.

So let us read on.

The Most High (I AM) gave the commandments via His servant Moses. God warns the Children of Israel that if the obey his commandments, they shall be blessed. If they disobey them, they shall be cursed. The blessings and curses are listed Deuteronomy 28. Blessings are verses 1-14. Curses from verse 15(At this point, please read Deut 28, and also 30)

Please keep 28:1 in mind as it shall serve as a precept later. “And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth

The blessing came upon the people during the time of David and Solomon, and Israel was the ‘super power’, high above every other nation. But as we know, things spiralled out of control after Solomon’s time.

Lets move to the prophecy in Deuteronomy 30:1-8. This is key, and shows that when the people (you and I) turn back to The Most High and follow the law, he will regather the lost tribes of Israel. You know, the ones Christ came for smiley

1And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee,

2 And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

3 That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.

4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

5 And the Lord thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

7 And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Remember. This prophecy has not yet come to pass. So you Israelites, stop following the lawless. Let us confess our sins and turn to the truth, and walk in it. Then the Most High will reestablish us as a nation, as promised in this scripture. But there is a stipulation. We are to fear God and keep his commandments. According to Ecclesiastes 12:13, this is the whole duty of mankind

Let’s move onto Matthew 5, where the lawless like to massage the words.

Matthew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Now, allow me to share a funny story. I once gave this verse to a well known NL teacher of lawlessness (they call it grace, the type where there are no laws). He interprets this verse to mean the law is done away with. If that were so, you could interpret the verse as “I am not come to destroy, but to destroy”. Quite laughable. But let's move on:

So I bolded some text there. "The law is fulfilled" you say? What does that mean?

Well, before I give some precept, let me say, Yahshua simply meant he has fulfilled ALL that was written about him in the law and the prophets, and he fulfilled the law pertaining to the sin offering. Let’s see scripture:

Luke 24:44-46 “and he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.”

Christ came to fulfil all these things that were written about him!

So let’s see one of the prophecies written in the Psalms:
Psalms 22: 16-18 "For dogs (gentiles) have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Was that fulfilled? Yes
Matthew 27:35 “And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.”

Now lets see if Yahshua fulfilled the law of the sin offering

Leviticus 9:3  And unto the children of Israel thou shalt speak, saying, Take ye a kid of the goats for a sin offering; and a calf and a lamb, both of the first year, without blemish, for a burnt offering;”

Leviticus 9:7 “And Moses said unto Aaron, Go unto the altar, and offer thy sin offering, and thy burnt offering, and make an atonement for thyself, and for the people: and offer the offering of the people, and make an atonement for them; as the Lord commanded.

So you see, they offered a sacrifice to make atonement for the sins of Israel. Israel!

Was Christ the sacrificial lamb. Well, John the Baptist thinks so. You’d do well to believe in Him too:

John 1:29 “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”

Why did John say “Lamb of God”. He called him this because he fulfilled the law that was written in Leviticus about the sin offering. He is the passover lamb

If you don’t like John, lets try the prophet Isaiah:
Isaiah 53:10-11. 10“Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

So you see, Christ fulfilled this smiley

IT IS FINISHED!!

John 19:30 “30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”

What was finished? What was written about him, coming and dying for the twelve tribes of Israel as a sacrifice.
So going back to Matthew 5:17-18. Christ did not come to destroy what was written in the law and prophets, but to fulfil what was written about him sacrificing himself for the nation of Israel, and the law pertaining to sacrifice.

Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”

Has all been fulfilled? No. Has Christ come again? No. Israel’s enemies have not been put into captivity. Therefore, all has not been fulfilled. Israel has not been delivered from Babylon the Great, all has not been fulfilled. Therefore, how these e-grace convention junkies can teach contrary to this sound doctrine is amazing.

I will continue tomorrow. I know the inevitable verses these jokers will throw by the time I wake up. it is well. I shall pick up where I left off.
In the mean time, dwell on the words of Yahshua as you sleep.

John 14:15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
John 14:21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by emmyskies(m): 9:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Brilliant write-up. Ride on...
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2014
I thought Jesus died for for the sins of the entire world, or was it just for the nation of Israel?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by flourishG(m): 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
whats da op talking about? da law that the fathers of israel could not keep? u must be a joker[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
flourishG: whats da op talking about? da law that the fathers of israel could not keep? u must be a joker[b][/b]

The guy happen to be so defiant, dogmatic and zealous with his false beliefs, how I pray he transfer and channel the zeal appropriately.

2 Likes

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by flourishG(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
^ real joker he is. Acts 15:10 answers him but remind him to understand da verse in context.what was the discourse before that statement came up.lolz

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
flourishG: ^ real joker he is. Acts 15:10 answers him but remind him to understand da verse in context.what was the discourse before that statement came up.lolz

Haha. I will deal with Acts 15:10, and give you correct understanding.

and even then, given all I have written thus far, you ought to repent. If you read Acts 15 and interpret it to contradict Yahshua, then you ought to beg for wisdom, or rip acts 15 out of your bible.

Problem with you guys is you carry the Gideons bible, new testament and psalms only.

Anyway I will deliver part ii either tonight or tomorrow if possible.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 8:33am On Aug 27, 2014
shdemidemi:

The guy happen to be so defiant, dogmatic and zealous with his false beliefs, how I pray he transfer and channel the zeal appropriately.

flourishG: ^ real joker he is. Acts 15:10 answers him but remind him to understand da verse in context.what was the discourse before that statement came up.lolz

You people are just purveyors of ignorance; you have absolutely no idea what the Bible is about. The knowledge you think you have is neither holistic nor wholesome, for yourselves and the people who listen to you.

Stop your pharisaical attitudes, humble yourselves and learn!

Gospellers (sic) of grace…SMH

Acts 15:10
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

If the Law has been erased/done away with as you erroneously teach, why are certain aspects of the Law recommended again to the Gentiles in verse 19 and 20?

Acts 15:19-20
19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Acts 15:10, in context, seeks to alleviate the pains and difficulties that will be the consequence of adult circumcision. And also the need to ensure that gentiles do not start believing that fleshly circumcision is as important as or more important than the circumcision of the heart, which is of greater value to God (Deuteronomy 10:16).
To circumcise a full grown man is to make him undergo enormous, unimaginable physical pain. This is absolutely unnecessary in God’s scheme of things, for the salvation of the gentiles.
For Israelites, circumcision on the eight day is an everlasting covenant.

What exactly is the Law?

MOSES

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

YASHUA

Mathew 22:36
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The interpretation of the Law

Zechariah 7:9
9 Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Execute true judgment, and shew mercy and compassions every man to his brother
10 And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

The everlasting benefits of keeping the Law

Deuteronomy 5:29
O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

2 Likes

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2014
^^I can understand the source of the OP's erroneous beliefs, he thinks he is an Israelite by birth. Do yo you also think you are a Jew by birth?

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by ichuka(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^I can understand the source of the OP's erroneous beliefs, he thinks he is an Israelite by birth. Do yo you also think you are a Jew by birth?
He doesnt know the difference btw Judaism n Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 11:06am On Aug 27, 2014
We are instructed as Bible teachers to follow the context in which we teach the verses of scripture which we use to justify our doctrines. The OP has three positions to prove for putting up his text; they are:

JesusisLord85: Good Evening.

This is a big topic, and I will try and keep it short (or break into chunks). In this writing, I will tear down and expose the blind guides on NL (and many of modern day Christianity), who claim that Yahshua came to destroy the law and the prophets, and institute a new religion. Over a series of posts:
1. I will prove with scripture that the laws are not done away with
2. I will prove that if you say you love God but keep not his commandments, you are a liar
3. I will show that if you reject the laws, you have not the spirit. So most of you have NEVER had the holy spirit.

To prove his point, he quotes Matthew 5:17-18. Incidentally that scripture has a context wherein it was made. We would do well to consider preceding verses and some after it too:

[b]
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

[/b]

Matthew 5 opens up with Jesus teaching on the Beatitudes. In other words "attitude becoming of Gods people". Blessed are these; blessed are that. Please note that non of these blessedness had anything to do with the blessedness God pronounced on the Jews when they keep the laws, as the OP will have us believe from Deuteronomy 28. No where has such blessedness been taught in all of scripture. Jesus was introducing a new order of blessing.

Stay with me.

Jesus goes unto explain that we, Christians, should be salt and light. He tells us the reason: so that our good works can be seen. Then he quotes the scripture the OP introduced and explains the implication of it, in the light of what he has been speaking of: good works (Ephesians 2:10):

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the law and the prophet but came to fulfill them. Two things needed fulfillment: the law and the prophet. The OP rightly said that Jesus fulfilled the sin offering in his dying as the sacrificial lamb for the world. The prophet Isaiah had prophesied it and prophet Moses had pointed to it in the law. Thus the prophets are fulfilled. We are left with the law. If the OP first theses which says "that the laws are not done away with" is true according to scripture, then Jesus must be a liar bc he has said he would fulfill two things: the law and the prophets.

Scriptures gives us ample evidence that Jesus not only fulfilled the prophets or what they prophesied about him, he also fulfilled the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Please read the whole chapter.

But the snipet proves the following

1. The law was a precursor to grace, v.19.

2. No man can be justified keeping the law, v.20.

3. God has given a righteousness, without the law, which the law and the prophets confirms, v. 21.

4. That righteousness is the righteousness of God, that is our by faith, v.21,28.

5. This is the only way the law can be established or fulfilled, v.31.

Paul is simply reechoing Jesus words in Matthew 5. Jesus has said he would fulfill the law and the prophets. Paul shows us that it is fulfilled as the law and prophets are witness to this righteousness that is by faith.

So Paul can give us related scriptures:

[b]
Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Ephesians 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Hebrews 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

[/b]
Now I understand that the OP claim that grace teachers twist Paul's words to mean what he is not saying. If we do, I request he tells us what the above scripture truly mean. I would only accept his position if he tells us that Paul was not an inspired author of scripture; making Paul an enemy of Christ words.

Matthew 5 then proceed to discuss other things outside fulfilling the law and the prophets.

Jesus then said that our righteousness must exceed that of the pharisees. What was the pharisees righteousness? it wasn't their self righteousness. It was the righteousness of the law. The righteousness of Deut 28. In Romans 3:21 Paul tells of another righteousness: the righteousness of God. This is the righteousness that exceeds that of the pharisees. How do we attain this righteousness? By keeping the law again? Then we have the righteousness of the Pharisees. That righteousness is attained by faith, alone. ROM 3:28.

It is this righteousness Christ began discussing in verses Matthew 5:21ff. That mere hate is murder. Not just killing as Moses laws preached. Mere lust is adultery not just doing the act as Moses laws states. Jesus was providing a higher law: the law of love, which fulfills all the laws of Moses.

So therefore when Paul preached against circumcision and sabbath, he was not infringing on Jesus words in Matthew 5:19. Already by preaching a gospel of grace fulfilled in the law of love, Paul and all Grace believers like him were fulfilling all the laws of Christ and not breaking them.

A careful study of Matthew 5 will reveal that what Jesus was talking about in context was the law of love. That is why the beatitudes are different from the laws of Moses. That is why he taught a higher requirement.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 22:38 This is the first and great commandment. 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I humbly propose to the OP that the gospel of grace does not require us to keep the laws of Moses. It was a grace gospel Jesus was teaching in Matthew 5; not a law gospel. If however the OP intends to keep the law, he should keep it in full. Sacrifice animals for your sins. Keep the sabbath holy. Pay tithes of agricultural products. Ensure that your righteousness is fully of the law. And pray that this righteousness will save you at the end.

If you believe it won't, I invite you and all my readers to consider the righteousness of God that comes to all men by faith, through the grace of the cross, preached in a gospel of grace. You would not regret you did.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2014
ichuka:

I think he is aware of the difference, leaving them as two separate entities is what he refuses to accept. He thinks christianity should be subject to judaism and the status quo should remain as outlined in the old testament.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
@Drummaboy

well said.

I think Paul differentiated the two ways of obtaining God's righgteousnes perfectly in Romans 10

10 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

It must be said that an average religious jew is more zealous about the work of God than an average gentile christian. Paul realises this as well, but they lacked the major requisite to God's kind of righteousness which is the right knowledge.

This also applies to most of Christendom today. They may have a zeal, they may never miss a Church service, they may be there every time the doors are opened, they may pray and fast more than anyone else but if they have no knowledge of the Scriptures. They are totally ignorant of the Scriptures.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
[/quote]

Isn't it clear as day light that we have two kinds of righteousness- SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS by keeping the law AND GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS through faith in Christ.

Paul said the Israelites were ignorant, they were working so hard for a righteousness that comes freely by the knowledge of GRACE through Christ. Isn't that exactly where most people are today? They'll do this and that, and do whatever a denomination prescribes, and they do it according to rote, and ritual. And it's going to count for nothing, they might just as well stay home. And Israel was no different, they kept the feast days, they wouldn't miss a feast day for anything, and they followed the sacrifices, they followed the law to the letter but without the understanding that Christ is the anchor of our faith, its all exercise in futility.

Christ was that object of faith that Israel was expected to embrace. He came proving Who He was, and they should have known Who He was. He was the fulfillment of over 360 distinct prophecies out of the Old Testament. If they knew their Bible like they thought they did, they should have recognized Him the moment He began His ministry. But why didn't they? They didn't know their Bible.

SOLA GRACIA
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:
Jesus said he didn't come to destroy the law and the prophet but came to fulfill them. Two things needed fulfillment: the law and the prophet. The OP rightly said that Jesus fulfilled the sin offering in his dying as the sacrificial lamb for the world. The prophet Isaiah had prophesied it and prophet Moses had pointed to it in the law. Thus the prophets are fulfilled. We are left with the law. If the OP first theses which says "that the laws are not done away with" is true according to scripture, then Jesus must be a liar bc he has said he would fulfill two things: the law and the prophets.

grin grin grin grin grin
I have not finished reading your post. It became clear all too soon you did not read my post fully, or you did not understand.

1. There is somewhere you mentioned Jesus was teaching Christians? LMAO. He taught Jews and many believed in him. The first to receive the Spirit at Pentecost, were Jews. Paul had been Persecuting Jews. There is no new religion you HERETIC. The prophets prophesy a saviour for the people would come. It comes to pass. Where does the new religion come from? Absolute rubbish. Invention of the men who enslaved and oppressed your fathers.

2. The bit I bothered to quote is laughable. Go back and read what I wrote about "fulfil".

Luke 24:44-46 “and he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

THINGS WRITTEN CONCERNING ME!!!

The Law includes the books of Moses.
The Prophets are the other books of the OT

Is Deuteronomy not the law. Did Moses not prophesy concerning Yahshua? Therefore there were things written about him in the law. If the prophecy comes to pass, we say it is fulfilled.

Simple concept.

I won't spend too much time going through the other mumbo jumbo you wrote because the wise shall read and understand.

I will continue with my teaching now. Some of which will touch on some points you try to raise.

But you'd do well to open your eyes. How did all the prophets prophesy all that would happen, but someone forgot to mention there would be a new religion. Find me the prophecy for that. And don't even try Jeremiah 31:31, or you will receive a holy slap.

Teachers of lawlessness
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:
grin grin grin grin grin
I have not finished reading your post. It became clear all too soon you did not read my post fully, or you did not understand.

Apparently you really were not ready for a discussion. I took my time to respond to you because the thread is an apparent reaction to the Grace Convention, for which I was one of the organizers. If you now tell me that you did not read that post, it's your loss. But I will read yours and will be available to set the record straight on your neo-Judaism doctrine. I have your time.

JesusisLord85:
1. There is somewhere you mentioned Jesus was teaching Christians? LMAO. He taught Jews and many believed in him. The first to receive the Spirit at Pentecost, were Jews. Paul had been Persecuting Jews. There is no new religion you HERETIC.

I agree. The original audience in Matthew 5 were Jews. However the fact that that scripture is part of cannon of scripture today means its also a message to Christians. That is what I meant by "teaching Christians".

I will also do one other thing in this discuss, I will ignore your snide comments and insults, and I will not insult you. I will leave the audience to decide who truly is Christlike in presentation; remember scripture enjoins us to commend our doctrine through our lives and speech.

JesusisLord85:
The prophets prophesy a saviour for the people would come. It comes to pass. Where does the new religion come from? Absolute rubbish. Invention of the men who enslaved and oppressed your fathers.

I actually do not preach Jesus brought a new religion. I teach dispensational change. If it sounds like religion or a new religion to you, fine.

JesusisLord85:
2. The bit I bothered to quote is laughable. Go back and read what I wrote about "fulfil".

Luke 24:44-46 “and he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

THINGS WRITTEN CONCERNING ME!!!

I actually took my time on the issue how Christ fulfilled the law and the prophets. The scripture you quoted has not changed my position. Two things were to be fulfilled: LAW and PROPHETS. In your OP you spoke of only the fulfilling of prophetic prophesies. Other parts of scripture, especially the Pauline epistles, taught the fulfilling of the law. But alas you didn't read it. That's not my fault.

JesusisLord85:
The Law includes the books of Moses.
The Prophets are the other books of the OT

Is Deuteronomy not the law. Did Moses not prophesy concerning Yahshua? Therefore there were things written about him in the law. If the prophecy comes to pass, we say it is fulfilled.

I agree. I said that Moses, through the law, prophesied the coming of Christ. Those were fulfilled. What you cannot understand is that the law, not prophesy, was also fulfilled.

Let me refer you to the story of Peter's encounter in a vision. Truth is that Peter was the first to hear a full blown gospel of grace. God told him to rise up and eat meat forbidden by the law. Peter refused, saying they were unclean. God told him that he should not call something unclean that God had cleansed. How did the unclean become clean? Through the cross of Jesus. The written code, ordinances, laws, were nailed to the cross.
[size=16pt]
Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
[/size]

[size=16pt]
Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
[/size]

When Christ rose, the law died. That is how the unclean became clean. That's why the gentile, which were originally unclean, became clean and Peter could visit them. Peter, a Jew, understood this; why do you, a gentile and recipient of this mercy find it difficult to believe?

JesusisLord85:
Simple concept.

I won't spend too much time going through the other mumbo jumbo you wrote because the wise shall read and understand.

Your loss.

JesusisLord85:
I will continue with my teaching now. Some of which will touch on some points you try to raise.

I will be waiting for you.

JesusisLord85:
But you'd do well to open your eyes. How did all the prophets prophesy all that would happen, but someone forgot to mention there would be a new religion. Find me the prophecy for that. And don't even try Jeremiah 31:31, or you will receive a holy slap.
[size=16pt]
Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
[/size]

JesusisLord85:
Teachers of lawlessness

Lol!

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by emmyskies(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hmmm!!!!,,,see what people think christianity is all about. Wow!! Nairaland, well done. Let me sit back and read as many pour out their beliefs
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Apparently you really were not ready for a discussion. I took my time to respond to you because the thread is an apparent reaction to the Grace Convention, for which I was one of the organizers. If you now tell me that you did not read that post, it's your loss. But I will read yours and will be available to set the record straight on your neo-Judaism doctrine. I have your time.

I agree. The original audience in Matthew 5 were Jews. However the fact that that scripture is part of cannon of scripture today means its also a message to Christians. That is what I meant by "teaching Christians".

I will also do one other thing in this discuss, I will ignore your snide comments and insults, and I will not insult you. I will leave the audience to decide who truly is Christlike in presentation; remember scripture enjoins us to commend our doctrine through our lives and speech.

I do not suffer false teachers to speak when I am declaring truth.

The trouble is that your slavemasters have painted a feminine image of Yahshua, and you think he is docile.

You remember what Yahshua did when he saw nonsense in the temple? That is how one zealous for truth and righteousness will react to rubbish.
You want to lead the lost sheep of Israel into sin with your 'wide is the path' doctrine. I will not suffer it.

John 2
13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem (not to synagogue church of witchcraft).
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting (you sell your pastors own books for his profit in your churches):
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables; (is there anyone zealous like this in your church)
16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
17 And his disciples remembered that it was written, The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up.

What else did Yahshua say?

Matthew 10:
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Lol when I used to be in the delusion in church, I remember people standing praying for world peace and some sort of Utopia. That would certainly destroy the prophets

Yahshua is not soft. I will not speak soft words with men that I know to speak evil of the commandments of The Most Highs. But anyway, if you can't stand to know the truth, get out of the way, someone might be saved from delusion. I shall continue
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Are God's Laws and Commandments Done Away with/destroyed? Part (ii)

By now, I should not have to return to my keyboard. The message has already told you that Yahshua demands you keep the laws. Yes he fulfilled, but now we know the definition of fulfil, we have no excuse for our sins (and I will touch on excuses in lesson 3).

Going back to Matthew 5.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

What are the commandments? The law.
Oh-oh. shdemidemi, goshen, drummaboy be warned!

So what are we commanded to teach by Yahshua? The law and the commandments. What are they teaching you in this confusion Edom set up?
Where did you get the laws are destroyed from? Your slavemasters.
You say the law is gone. Yahshua told you it is not, don’t even think it. Esdras says it remaineth in force.
Esdras 9:37 “Notwithstanding the law perisheth not, but remaineth in his force”

Another verse they like to quote

John 1:17 “ For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
Grace just means mercy. Mercy! Mercy and truth.
Grace is not even a new word exclusive to the so-called New Testament. How the heck did a whole christian movement come about on the back of this misunderstood term. Wonders shall never end.

Genesis 6:8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”
Psalms 84:11 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”
Oh look, old testament grace..and with stipulation. smiley

Let’s move onto truth. What is truth?

Psalms 119:142 “Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.”
Psalms 119:151 “ Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth.”

Oh look, the law, and the commandments are truth. Forgive the sarcasm, but getting tired of this terrible lawless doctrine that abounds.

Back to Matthew 5.
Matthew 5:14 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”

What does it mean you are the light of the world?

Proverbs 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life”:

THAT is your precept. So you so-called Christ followers that sing 'this little light of mine' in church, you better mean what you say.

Why are we the light of the world? Because we live God’s laws. We teach God’s laws. Or at least we once did as a nation long ago. God shall gather us against once more.

What does Yahshua mean by a City on a hill cannot be hidden?

Isaiah 2:2 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.”
i.e. the nation of Israel shall be exalted above all nations of the earth.

What does it mean all nations shall flow unto it?

Jeremiah 50:4-5  “In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the Lord their God. They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten.”

Back to Isaiah 2.
Verse 3 “ And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: f[b]or out of Zion shall go forth the law[/b], and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.”

The many people are Judah and Israel, the two Kingdoms.
So what will we teach in the Kingdom? The Law!! That is why a city that is on a hill cannot be hidden. Why? Because we shall let our light shine. What is our light? The law. Out of Zion shall go forth the law.
So if you still teaching there is no law, REPENT now!!

Verse 4 “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”

This has not happened. Fact. Second, the nations are not mentioned among Israel as Israel go forth towards Zion. They shall go into servitude. They shall serve Israel. Hence the farming instruments. You better believe this shall come to pass. And so the prophecy shall come to pass

Revelation 13:11“He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”

Side note: The patience of the saints sounds remarkably familiar. Oh, this is why:
Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

By now, the effeminates among you are probably thinking, “I hear you, but where is the love in all this”. The problem is that your concept of love is all wrong. Well, male 'christian' leaders in the west are marrying fellow males, so that does not surprise me. And is Rome not the seat of the synagogue of satan.

In my next teaching, I will tell you what love means according to the bible.
Let God be true and all men liars.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
See how teachers of grace are making long speeches (Mark 12:40). Long boring speeches. Simply regurgitating what they have been indoctrinated into without ever bothering to check. The bane of the Negro!

Zombies! Robotons!! Esau Programmed Automatons!!!

READ YOUR FRIGGING BIBLES GADDEMIT!!!! angry angry angry

...and stop expounding teachings firmly rooted in awe-inspiring ignorance! GOSH, AT THIS DAY AND AGE? NIGGAS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!!!!!

Any ways, The Book says only a remnant will be saved. And it is God Himself that has closed the eyes and ears of these rebellious and stiff-necked people.

Zion will be redeemed in Judgement, and her converts in righteousness; Jews and gentiles respectively.

See what Yashua said concerning them;

Mark 4:11-12
11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Brother Yahshuaislord85, this people have been blinded and will never listen to you; they are not humble and the Law of the Most High and Holy God is far from their hearts and deeds.

One day they will realise just how so much they have been used, and deceived shocked.

Isaiah 6:9-11
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate

So you see, exponents of grace, lol, no understanding of Scriptures for you until after judgement, after Armageddon.

Let the bandy of ignorant words rooted in flinty ignorance continue grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^I can understand the source of the OP's erroneous beliefs, he thinks he is an Israelite by birth. Do yo you also think you are a Jew by birth?

You have absolutely no idea how privileged I am to be walking in heritage.

Deuteronomy 26:16
16 This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
17 Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that [thou] shouldest keep all his commandments;
19 And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
Yahshua means Yah is salvation
Yahshua is the Word of God.
Having Faith in God means living in the Word of God.
Living in the Word of God means fearing The LORD thy God
Fearing The LORD thy God is keeping all the Laws, Statutes, and Judgements of the LORD thy God.
This is the whole duty of man!

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
MrPresident1: Yahshua means Yah is salvation
Yahshua is the Word of God.
Having Faith in God means living in the Word of God.
Living in the Word of God means fearing The LORD thy God
Fearing The LORD thy God is keeping all the Laws, Statutes, and Judgements of the LORD thy God.
This is the whole duty of man!

Excellent precepts my brother.

Ignore shdemi. By his own admission, he is a gentile.
I shall not measure the outer court grin
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
ichuka:

Chuka chuka, my friend my friend grin, do you know that Judaism is not mentioned even once in the Bible? Do you realise that the Bible is not about religion, but about Laws, statutes and Judgements given to a nation to keep them holy, just, pure and wise?

Chuka, wise up na cheesy, zombiesm no fit U o. Begin read you Bible na. See promises for U, abi U no wan wise for your life

Psalm 1:1-2
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night

Psalm 119:97-100
97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they [are] ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditations.
100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Excellent precepts my brother.

Ignore shdemi. By his own admission, he is a gentile.
I shall not measure the outer court grin

The guy no sabi nothing!
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
JesusisLord85: Are God's Laws and Commandments Done Away with/destroyed? Part (ii)

By now, I should not have to return to my keyboard. The message has already told you that Yahshua demands you keep the laws. Yes he fulfilled, but now we know the definition of fulfil, we have no excuse for our sins (and I will touch on excuses in lesson 3).

Going back to Matthew 5.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

What are the commandments? The law.
Oh-oh. shdemidemi, goshen, drummaboy be warned!

So what are we commanded to teach by Yahshua? The law and the commandments. What are they teaching you in this confusion Edom set up?
Where did you get the laws are destroyed from? Your slavemasters.
You say the law is gone. Yahshua told you it is not, don’t even think it. Esdras says it remaineth in force.
Esdras 9:37 “Notwithstanding the law perisheth not, but remaineth in his force”

Another verse they like to quote

John 1:17 “ For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
Grace just means mercy. Mercy! Mercy and truth.
Grace is not even a new word exclusive to the so-called New Testament. How the heck did a whole christian movement come about on the back of this misunderstood term. Wonders shall never end.

Genesis 6:8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”
Psalms 84:11 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”
Oh look, old testament grace..and with stipulation. smiley

Let’s move onto truth. What is truth?

Psalms 119:142 “Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.”
Psalms 119:151 “ Thou art near, O Lord; and all thy commandments are truth.”

Oh look, the law, and the commandments are truth. Forgive the sarcasm, but getting tired of this terrible lawless doctrine that abounds.

Back to Matthew 5.
Matthew 5:14 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”

What does it mean you are the light of the world?

Proverbs 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life”:

THAT is your precept. So you so-called Christ followers that sing 'this little light of mine' in church, you better mean what you say.

Why are we the light of the world? Because we live God’s laws. We teach God’s laws. Or at least we once did as a nation long ago. God shall gather us against once more.

What does Yahshua mean by a City on a hill cannot be hidden?

Isaiah 2:2 “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.”
i.e. the nation of Israel shall be exalted above all nations of the earth.

What does it mean all nations shall flow unto it?

Jeremiah 50:4-5  “In those days, and in that time, saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the Lord their God. They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten.”

Back to Isaiah 2.
Verse 3 “ And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: f[b]or out of Zion shall go forth the law[/b], and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.”

The many people are Judah and Israel, the two Kingdoms.
So what will we teach in the Kingdom? The Law!! That is why a city that is on a hill cannot be hidden. Why? Because we shall let our light shine. What is our light? The law. Out of Zion shall go forth the law.
So if you still teaching there is no law, REPENT now!!

Verse 4 “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”

This has not happened. Fact. Second, the nations are not mentioned among Israel as Israel go forth towards Zion. They shall go into servitude. They shall serve Israel. Hence the farming instruments. You better believe this shall come to pass. And so the prophecy shall come to pass

Revelation 13:11“He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”

Side note: The patience of the saints sounds remarkably familiar. Oh, this is why:
Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.”

By now, the effeminates among you are probably thinking, “I hear you, but where is the love in all this”. The problem is that your concept of love is all wrong. Well, male 'christian' leaders in the west are marrying fellow males, so that does not surprise me. And is Rome not the seat of the synagogue of satan.

In my next teaching, I will tell you what love means according to the bible.
Let God be true and all men liars.

Shalom

Blessed Brother, beautiful words. I'm refreshed wink

YAH bless you abundantly
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:
Let me refer you to the story of Peter's encounter in a vision. Truth is that Peter was the first to hear a full blown gospel of grace. God told him to rise up and eat meat forbidden by the law. Peter refused, saying they were unclean. God told him that he should not call something unclean that God had cleansed. How did the unclean become clean? Through the cross of Jesus. The written code, ordinances, laws, were nailed to the cross.

Father have mercy. I just read this now. You know, I can only read false doctrine in small doses, lest it contaminate me.

Peter's vision is NOT about eating pig or any other unclean beast. Just like other dreams, the interpretation followed.

Acts 10:10-12
"10And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

I have highlighted 'Vessel', and 'four corners' for a reason. I know today's Christians read only the new testament and psalms..and the OT when they need to condemn gays. I will show you why the bolded is important. It has a PRECEPT

Precept 1: Hosea 8:8 "Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure"

Precept 2: Deut 32:26 “I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men”

So it was not just random that you saw four corners and a vessel. Understand the law and the prophets, and you might one day make sense of these writings.

Acts 10:13-14
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

This is Peter we are talking about. You know, the guy who the Catholics say is the first Pope, and formed which religion Christianity sprang from, many centuries later. IF YAHSHUA had given an oder saying all meats are clean for consumption, don't you think Peter (your Pope) would have got a copy of that memo? Pretty bad verse for justification. But that's none of my business. Moving on:

Acts 10:15 “What God has cleaned, call thou not common”

Hmm. Ok, so what has God cleansed?

Ezekiel 37:23 “Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God”

The animals in the blanket represent men. The Israelites of the northern Kingdom, who became gentiles when God divorced them from the covenant.

Notice this:
Verse 13 "..Rise, Peter; kill, and eat" - DREAM/Trance
Verse 20 "Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them" - REALITY

Moreover, verse 28 confirms this.
28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

The beasts represent men.

Just one of the many misunderstood passages. Edomites are evil I tell you.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Is everything alright with you? You said this-

The animals in the blanket represent men. The Israelites of the northern Kingdom, who became gentiles when God divorced them from the covenant.

And the bible says this- 'God had showed me I should not call any man common or unclean'

How does 'any man' equate to Israelites of the northern kingdom in your book?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2014
MrPresident1:

You have absolutely no idea how privileged I am to be walking in heritage.

Deuteronomy 26:16
16 This day the LORD thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
17 Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:
18 And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that [thou] shouldest keep all his commandments;
19 And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken.

Mr president, you did not answer my question. Were you born a Jew from the loins of Abraham?

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by ichuka(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

I think he is aware of the difference, leaving them as two separate entities is what he refuses to accept. He thinks christianity should be subject to judaism and the status quo should remain as outlined in the old testament.
My bro.
Hes ignorant of there difference.thats the reason why hes trying so hard to mix both together which is impossible.

New International Version
And no one pours new wine into old
wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will
burst the skins, and both the wine
and the wineskins will be ruined. No,
they pour new wine into new
wineskins." Mark 2:22 ►

1 Like

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by MrPresident1: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

Mr president, you did not answer my question. Were you born a Jew from the loins of Abraham?

Bros, you don't know that we Negroes are the Israelites of the Bible right?

I am an Israelite, I have rediscovered heritage and am walking in it.

I AM ISRAEL!
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
MrPresident1:

Bros, you don't know that we Negroes are the Israelites of the Bible right?
[/quote]
I wouldn't have asked if I knew, please tell me you came to your belief that you are actually a natural son of Abraham.
MrPresident1:
I am an Israelite, I have rediscovered heritage and am walking in it.

I AM ISRAEL!

Good for you bro..

Can you please tell me the spiritual promises associated with being an Israelite.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
shdemidemi: Is everything alright with you? You said this-

And the bible says this- 'God had showed me I should not call any man common or unclean'

How does 'any man' equate to Israelites of the northern kingdom in your book?

demidemi.
You ought to know me by now. I give precepts.
In my thread on Cornelius, I thought I made that simple for you.
Let me give you a brief background and the all important precepts. This is important because there is a mainstream view in your churches that one day God woke up and sent Yahshua to die for the heathen. The same that he would come to judge. But anyway, that delusion is none of my business.

What you need to know, while you go away and think, is that a gentile is a foreigner (check your Strong concordance).
A 'stranger' is also a foreigner according to the bible

There are two types of gentile
1. Other nations that are not israelites
2.the gentiles that were engrafted into the covenant, israelites.

You should also remember that:
1. In the time of Christ, mainly the house of Judah was in Jerusalem

The twelve tribes
House of Judah - Judah, Benjamin, Levi
House of Israel - Ephraim, Manasseh, Simeon, Gad, Reuben, Zebulun, Naphtali, Asher, Issachar (Ephraim is the head of the Northen Kingdom, as saith the scriptures)

And here are the verses, followed by precept:

Verse

Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved"
Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called
the children of the living God"

Who is Osee? None other than the prophet Hosea. Oh look at that, Paul quoting from the law and the prophets. According to you, that is destroyed.
So what did the prophet Hosea say?

Hosea 1:10 "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered;
and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them,
Ye are the sons of the living God.

You see that?

What did Peter say?

Peter 2:10 "...Were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy"

Who didn't obtain mercy? was it the other nations

Hosea 1:6 "...for i will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel"
verse 7 "but i will have mercy upon the house of Judah"

Eventually he promised he would have mercy on the house of Israel Hosea 2:23 "and i will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy"

No More "I think". Precept MUST be upon precept.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little"

MUST suggests this is a commandment. Show me thy precepts.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online / Pls, Can Someone Interpret This Strange Dream For Me? / The Dark Side Of Christmas: Nimrod's Tree And The Worship Of The Anunnaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.