Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,806 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) (23572 Views)

No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / Jamb Rules Out Extension Of Utme Forms Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by naptu2: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2014
[size=14pt]Shekarau meets commissioners over extension of school holiday[/size]

Category: News
Published on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 05:00
Written by Yusha’u A. Ibrahim
Hits: 72

Minister of Education Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau will today meet with state education commissioners on the possibility of extending the current school holiday as a precautionary measure to check spread of the Ebola Virus Disease.

Shekarau’s spokesman, Sule Ya’u Sule, told Daily Trust yesterday that participants at the meeting would deliberate on the matter before the government makes any pronouncement on it.

“The minister has got the mandate of the president to meet with all education commissioners from the 36 states of the federation to discuss the issue and come up with a stand,” he said.

According to Ya’u, the matter concerns all the country, hence the need to allow stakeholders in the sector to analyze the situation and decide on it.

“The stakeholders will at the end of the meeting come up with a recommendation upon which government will decide whether to extend the summer holiday or not,” he said. Pupils and students of primary and secondary schools nationwide are expected to resume next month.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/32711-shekarau-meets-commissioners-over-extension-of-school-holiday

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by kuntash: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2014
lol

wetin happen?
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by luvlyoracle(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2014
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by persie98: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2014
yea good idea
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by luvlyoracle(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
kuntash: lol

wetin happen?
d tin tire me oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
I dey laff like Bola Tilumbu grin grin grin grin

#RottenTeeth

23 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by sapientia(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
nice move
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Rawani: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2014
I see our politicians are now being proactive, however adequate attention should be paid to how it will be enforced considering the preponderance of mushroom private schools, and how to mitigate the effects the decision will make on the school calendar. Kudos Shekarau.

3 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2014
That's none of my business.
Make I rush go buy agbo jedi jedi.
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by hijacke(m): 7:33am On Aug 26, 2014
Ok
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Coldfaya(m): 7:33am On Aug 26, 2014
I think it is a good move cos. Will help containing d spread but í Just pray it doesn't take long else na home schooling sure pass den.

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by atikubaba(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
prevention is better than cure oooo.

4 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Carinaflo(f): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2014
The fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Dreyl(m): 7:35am On Aug 26, 2014
Ebola things grin

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by busuyem: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2014
What about university students too? Are they ebola-proof?

14 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by oluwaKStar(m): 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Coldfaya: I think it is a good move cos. Will help containing d spread but í Just pray it doesn't take long else na home schooling sure pass den.
tah! I no go allow ani durty techa bring ebola enta ma house
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Pavore9: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
hmm..
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by kriztovar(m): 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
Booked
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by drstan(m): 7:37am On Aug 26, 2014
oh! Pls no, have been praying for this children to go back to school, their noise is unbearable, anyway, good idea, because the rate will surely increase in Borden school. Meanwhile this is for +18 TC. Viewer discretion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Joeself1(m): 7:38am On Aug 26, 2014
busuyem: What about university students too? Are they ebola-proof?
you wan mak dem go on anoda long break like ASUU strike

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Bertbert: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Good moves,let them extend it please and let's watch the situation. Na person whey de alive and healthy dey go school jare.

3 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Bertbert: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Good moves,let them extend it please and let's watch the situation. Na person whey de alive and healthy dey go school jare.

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Pavore9: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Good question.
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by cechidodo: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2014
Schools should be closed in definitely till the outbreak is quenched lest we exacerbate a very grim situation...
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Leetunechi: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2014
Ebola is not real....stop spreading rumours undecided
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2014
. Good question!
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by seunwen2(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by msmon(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2014
Shekarau?

You can guess what comes to my mind when I say the headline. Lolz.
Anyway, it a good idea and let's know the outcome soon.

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2014
luvlyoracle: ,
come o is Seun awarding price 4 Front Page??!guy wakeup n do something better.
Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by FrontPageLawyer(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2014
What about the ongoing summer coaching?

And what if the outbreak continues for several months?

5 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by Ptoocool(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2014
pDude: I dey laff like Bola Tilumbu grin grin grin grin

#RottenTeeth

Kikikikikiki, dat man no dey ever brush ni?? grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) by henryobinna(m): 7:44am On Aug 26, 2014
hahahaha...
funny people... anyway there's sense it oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Introduces Education For Employment In Abia / ABUAD Removed From Webometric Ranking For Bad Practice / AAUA 2016/2017 Admission Screening Exercise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.