Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated (1266 Views)

Mbaka Calls For Division Of Nig; Says He Fears No Arrest (Old VIDEO) / Moving The Federal Capital Territory From Abuja To Port Harcourt / Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by annyplenty(m): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
The location of the seat of government of any country in any region always bring enormous development to that region. In most times, that status of being the seat of government often makes that region most developed and the development often spread to nearby cities. In my opinion, i think the federal capital of nigeria should be rotated between geographical regions of nigeria to speed up development across the length and breadth of our country. who ever thought Abuja could be this developed if it was not made a capital. do you feel me? lets hear your own opinion.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2008
Rotation? For what?
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Rotation? For what?

for the fair distribution of egunje
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by SkyBlue1: 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2008
annyplenty:

The location of the seat of government of any country in any region always bring enormous development to that region. In most times, that status of being the seat of government often makes that region most developed and the development often spread to nearby cities. In my opinion, i think the federal capital of nigeria should be rotated between geographical regions of nigeria to speed up development across the length and breadth of our country. who ever thought Abuja could be this developed if it was not made a capital. do you feel me? lets hear your own opinion.

So government is the only way to bring development? Is washington more "developed" than New York? Perhaps a good idea would be asking people to focus on developing the area they are in instead of waiting for government to reach them, which to me just sounds like a euphemism for national cake sharing?
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by MrCrackles(m): 8:15pm On Oct 24, 2008
jokes!!!
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by blackspade(m): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2008
Agreed. Why would the capital have to be rotated? Do you know how much money it costs to build all the institutions and other facilities to support a country of nearly 150,000,000 (I think more)?
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by SkyBlue1: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2008
All of this criticm of course ignoring what seems to be the fact that it just seems a lazy man's approach to development.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by tpia: 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by Okijajuju1(m): 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

all kinds of topics sha.

what next? the people in all the states should be periodically rotated in a kind of visitor exchange program?

Now thats funny.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
Sky Blue:

So government is the only way to bring development? Is washington more "developed" than New York? Perhaps a good idea would be asking people to focus on developing the area they are in instead of waiting for government to reach them, which to me just sounds like a euphemism for national cake sharing?
Don't be silly by involving USA, aka New York and Washington into this. One question to you is, does New York get the money being used to run and build it from Washington? Rather, it pays only tax to Washington. Does USA share national money to it's states as it's been done in your failed country nigeria?

It's easy for you to open your mouth gboa gboa and ask for people to develop their own area, but when real federalism is called for which will bring the real development to the regions through each region using their hard earn money to develop their own areas at their pace which you hinted on and same as it's done in the same USA which you used as a reference, people like you will be the first to block such true federalism.

If its' in the USA that you prefer out of your ignorance to use as a reference here, what reason does Abuja/Washington has to hold on to the money that is been gotten from Niger Delta and share it to other lazy states in the name of national cake?
Do you know how much development such money if left alone to Niger Deltans would have brought to their area? Since you can not practice it as it's been done in USA, then the originator of this thread is right by calling for the rotation of federal capital so that Niger Delta money will float to other areas as it has done in Lagos and now Abuja.

Monkey can not be working while baboon will stay idle and be chopping only. Once Igbo president mounts the throne, (that is if your nigeria still remains one then) Enugu or Umuahia will be declared the new capital of your country nigeria and all money from the Niger Delta channeled to there for rapid development. After all, what is good for,             is also good for             .You fill the blank space if you agree.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by tpia: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2008
tpia:

lmao!!!!!

Quotasystem: make up your mind what you want:

Igbo president on the "throne"

or

The breakup of Nigeria.

is it just me or are you very confused?
Yes, i am all for it cause it will eventually lead to the breaking of nigeria. Reason being that you awusas and Yorubas will not/never accept his revision of lopsided policies that have been keeping Igbos down. Yes, Igbo president will review and quash all old idiotic policies and replace them with new ones that will let everyone participate in a fair environment.

Can awusas and Yorubas imagine new gigantic TRUE and REAL INTERNATIONAL airport in the mode of MM at either Onitsha, Enugu or Umuahia where i can fly direct from abroad into Igbo mainland area? (Yes Igbos deserve such by merit) Can awusas and Yorubas imagine new gigantic sea port in the mode of Apapa warf at Onitsha? Can awusas and Yorubas imagine convening a true national conference which will give birth to true federalism where all regions can manage their wealth and affairs and develop at their own pace?

Can awusas and Yorubas imagine the quashing of quota system where every posts and appointments will be done based on merit? Can awusas imagine the debasing of nigeria's military bases and equipments equally to all regions of nigeria in such a way that no region can have more military power than the other to avoid any military threat by any region against the other? Reorganise the military and restore it's seniority and discipline to the sort obtained pre Biafra/nigeria war? Scrap military enrollement grade which at present starts from JSS and upgrade it to SS? Make sure that all regions are represented equally in the number of military men.

Can awusas stand jailing for life or sentencing to death as your nigeria's constitution states, anyone that kill any Igbo person in the name of religious riot? No one have been sentenced despite the death of more than 100,000.00 Igbos through awusa insitigated religious riots since time immemorial.

I haven't even listed several other abnormal things in your nigeria that must be changed by Igbo president. These are just few and little things that Igbo president will bring on plate on mounting the throne. These are also things that awusas and Yorubas can not stand and see happening as it will affect their source of gari, which will inturn lead to national chaos and in turn give birth to the division of the luggard's cage as Igbos will take nothing less other than to bring true changes through one of their sons as the president of your nigeria. You must be afraid.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by SkyBlue1: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Don't be silly by involving USA, aka New York and Washington into this. One question to you is, does New York get the money being used to run and build it from Washington? Rather, it pays only tax to Washington. Does USA share national money to it's states as it's been done in your failed country nigeria?

It's easy for you to open your mouth gboa gboa and ask for people to develop their own area, but when real federalism is called for which will bring the real development to the regions through each region using their hard earn money to develop their own areas at their pace which you hinted on and same as it's done in the same USA which you used as a reference, people like you will be the first to block such true federalism.

If its' in the USA that you prefer out of your ignorance to use as a reference here, what reason does Abuja/Washington has to hold on to the money that is been gotten from Niger Delta and share it to other lazy states in the name of national cake?
Do you know how much development such money if left alone to Niger Deltans would have brought to their area? Since you can not practice it as it's been done in USA, then the originator of this thread is right by calling for the rotation of federal capital so that Niger Delta money will float to other areas as it has done in Lagos and now Abuja.

Monkey can not be working while baboon will stay idle and be chopping only. Once Igbo president mounts the throne, (that is if your nigeria still remains one then) Enugu or Umuahia will be declared the new capital of your country nigeria and all money from the Niger Delta channeled to there for rapid development. After all, what is good for,             is also good for             .You fill the blank space if you agree.

People like me? So who exactly am i? Is this just trying to make a mountain of assumptions when you don't even know the first thing about me so that you can easily fit me into a category to justify your arguements or reasoning? When have i ever said i am not in support of federalism? You know what? I won't indulge you any further, have a nice day.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2008
Sky Blue:

People like me? So who exactly am i? Is this just trying to make a mountain of assumptions when you don't even know the first thing about me so that you can easily fit me into a category to justify your arguements or reasoning? When have i ever said i am not in support of federalism? You know what? I won't indulge you any further, have a nice day.
You have to run quick quick and don't look back. Whilst running out of this thread, remember to bend well so you don't hit that your ogbonge head on the door out. Anyone that opens his stinking mouth in nigeria and yarn this rubbish quote below must be an idiot for knowing exactly what obtains in nigeria, but prefers to act ostrich. This is what you said by comparing USA to nigeria in the ways both are being run and such can only be said by a certified idiot.

Sky Blue wrote:
Is washington more "developed" than New York? Perhaps a good idea would be asking people to focus on developing the area they are in instead of waiting for government to reach them,
Now, go ahead and tell people if NewYork get any share of money from Washington as states in your nigeria does from Abuja, or if Washington takes any money from New York if not federal taxes paid by New York to Washington. In your sorry case, Abuja takes all of the money from niger delta and other states and share peanuts to states while the remaining money goes into foreign bank accounts of your illiterate awusa masters. Come back to deny this. Ewu awusa.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by tpia: 10:41pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by pie1ect(m): 11:17pm On Oct 24, 2008
I swear, this forum cracks me up big time.

Rotating the Capital of Nigeria?

I guess very soon, someone'll propose the rotation of the citizens in an exchange programme

Oh wait, someone already did.

LMFAO!
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 12:08am On Oct 25, 2008
tpia:

yes, I'm very afraid. shocked

**yawn**

You should be, cause Igbos are coming with a bang. Have you ever wondered about the factors that led USA to predict that your country will breath last in an about 15 years time? Read my posts above and stop to have a rethink. Those are just few of them. You know very well that if everything that i wrote above is allowed to happen, then it will be the authomatic and RIGHTFUL blockage of the illegal source of your people's gari.
Can your people agree and allow such to happen? Your guess is as good as mine. Can the Igbos let your people to have your way when power is already in Igbos hands? Your guess is also good as mine. Where will such disagreement lead your country to? Now rethink Americas prediction.
You must be really really afraid. Status quo is nearing and end. Abeg, make una remove ya'radua at any time his health fails him and install another awusa person to continue and finish their 8 years jo. Igbos are waiting to take over their rotational turn. It's getting sweeter everyday.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 25, 2008
pie1ect:

I swear, this forum cracks me up big time.

Rotating the Capital of Nigeria?

I guess very soon, someone'll propose the rotation of the citizens in an exchange programme

Oh wait, someone already did.

LMFAO!

You no read wetin people post, abi you shark ogogoro?
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by bawomolo(m): 12:33am On Oct 25, 2008
QuotaSyste:

You should be, cause Igbos are coming with a bang. Have you ever wondered about the factors that led USA to predict that your country will breath last in an about 15 years time? Read my posts above and stop to have a rethink. Those are just few of them. You know very well that if everything that i wrote above is allowed to happen, then it will be the authomatic and RIGHTFUL blockage of the illegal source of your people's gari.
Can your people agree and allow such to happen? Your guess is as good as mine. Can the Igbos let your people to have your way when power is already in Igbos hands? Your guess is also good as mine. Where will such disagreement lead your country to? Now rethink Americas prediction.
You must be really really afraid. Status quo is nearing and end. Abeg, make una remove ya'radua at any time his health fails him and install another awusa person to continue and finish their 8 years jo. Igbos are waiting to take over their rotational turn. It's getting sweeter everyday.

enyimba enyimba, ota jigijigi all talk and no action cheesy cheesy
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 1:10am On Oct 25, 2008
bawomolo:

enyimba enyimba, ota jigijigi all talk and no action cheesy cheesy
Sorry, i am not onye Yoruba.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by pie1ect(m): 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2008
@ Nuzo

Which one be your own?

My people say "Trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am".

Abeg, hold your side.

I'm simply having a laugh, bro. There are other posts in this thread you could have replied to.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by shotster50(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2008
The idea of rotating the capital is rubbish and impracticable. What is the point of it So now what it means is that the only way for a region to develop is for iit to be made capital? What we really need in Nigeria is reducing the power at the centre and granting more autonomy to the regions.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by QuotaSyste(m): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2008
shotster50:

The idea of rotating the capital is rubbish and impracticable. What is the point of it So now what it means is that the only way for a region to develop is for iit to be made capital? What we really need in Nigeria is reducing the power at the centre and granting more autonomy to the regions.
Doing exactly the bolded part will bring development to regions, but since they don't want to be sincere with themselves, then it's better to rotate capital so that development can reach other areas as well through that.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by ow11(m): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2008
@Quotesyste

I guess you're right! Since Nigeria is all about egunje and sharing allocation, the 'impracticable' rotation of capital would be a very good option cheesy

However, the theiving politicians would never allow federalism work because it would reduce the amount of money One man can steal! Igbos have suffered a lot but what pains me is how those wretched hoodlums in the North feel that killing Igbos would solve their problem.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Oct 26, 2008
Not a bad idea. But I doubt its practicability.
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by SkyBlue1: 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Not a bad idea. But I doubt its practicability.

LOL, i just have to asume that was sarcasm of some sort for the sake of my sanity. How long did it take the federal government to move completely from lagos to abuja? Well people, i guess with such an idea you really just have to forget about a performing government of any sort whatsoever.

With a federal government that would be spending most of each tenure making preparations to relocate this will definately translate to wider spread development, right? So this rotation, what is the time period for each cycle? How many states are there in Nigeria again? 36? So even if the cycle is every year that means development will come to each state every 35 years. A very brilliant and amazing plan. Turn by turn, so each state can start counting down the years till it is its turn to chop their own according to the poster therefore develop, right? 'Corruption, inflated contracts, ghana-must-go politiking, etc, and hence "development" coming to a state near you'. The state governments are just for show and governors are ceremonial figureheads that are just there to 'keep up appearances' in their flashy cars and massive personal spending courtesy of state funds while the citizens of each state wait for their turn to develop and after their cycle try hard to bear the withdrawal symptoms of this so called "development". States that don't have constant power supply, good roads, employment, etc (i.e. almost all states), better hope your state is not the last to be chosen if not forget about such for another 35 years. Amazing plan, why didn't someone think of this before?
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by Gamine(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2008
Rotate?

Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by skype: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2008
rotate and fuk hard
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by MP007(m): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2008
pure human stupidity undecided
Re: Federal Capital Territory Of Nig. To Be Rotated by asha80(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2008
It is of no use to rotate the capital but then again these kind of ideas spring up because the country refuses to practice true federalism. sad

(1) (Reply)

Again: Gunmen Attack Ekiti Lawmakers / Cbn Considers Intervention In 5 More Banks (bank PHB Ceo Refuses To Resign) / Prof Osotimehin Is Deathly Afraid Of Turai Yaradua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.