Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? (2003 Views)

Who Gave This Vehicle Certificate Of Road Worthiness? / Painful Car Destruction Scene In A Movie: Share Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by 19naia(m): 9:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
A car, 2005 BMW 325ci is selling for very cheap $3500.. It says for export only, the car cannot be registered in the state...
It says excellent driving condition and it looks really sharp with some loose ends on the interior..

Not sure if it is a scam or problem car....But I am curious about if a car that enters nigeria with a title as a parts car for demolition, can it be allowed to restore into a registered street driving car in Nigeria??

Don't get excited yet to buy it.. I have not inquired with the seller to see if it is legitimate and not a scam... But maybe if any body wants to explore the seller, i can link you to the seller.. Its a USA number... Im not interested to buy it for myself jst curious about destruction title on cars, for my future reference.
I suggest never to send money to any one offering to sell you this car without showing you the Demolition title to match their ID card and have a friend or agent to go and inspect the cars validity in person before paying anything...
This is the listed name and contact::
Von
contact by phone:
☎01 561 7526908

Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Just an FYI on current selling price in my area.

Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Lexusgs430: 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
Its probably been involved in some sort of accident or mishap (flood damage) , and the Americans don't want it on their roads any more but are happy to move the problem to another country (happy to collect your dollars)
NB : its probably been fixed (quality of work, not guaranteed).
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lexusgs430: Its probably been involved in some sort of accident or mishap (flood damage) , and the Americans don't want it on their roads any more but are happy to move the problem to another country (happy to collect your dollars)
NB : its probably been fixed (quality of work, not guaranteed).

1) Or a grey market car that was caught by customs.

2) Most importantly what dummy/dunce country would accept as such as this car to be brought in? grin
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Lexusgs430: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
CityNG:

1) Or a grey market car that was caught by customs.

2) Most importantly what dummy/dunce country would accept as such as this car to be brought in? grin

A country that its importation rules are has bent as a banana. A country like Nigeria !!!!

1 Like

Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lexusgs430:

A country that its importation rules are has bent as a banana. A country like Nigeria !!!!

grin

But between you and I this car is probably safer than 60% of the death traps and contraptions running amok on Nigerian roads being passed of as motor vehicles.
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by 19naia(m): 11:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Very nice replies all of them... Never heard of Destruction title before... i guess $3500 is a fair price if the car is in excellent operating order... But i know for instance, floods can create shorts in the wiring which can remain hidden and then the sensors go bad very often needing replacement and even the entire expensive computer module... I had a car with a short in it and it was excellent running but the O2 sensor needed replacement every few months and then the computer went and the spark wires were all charred on the inside when the tune up replaced them and saw inside the old ones... Hidden shorts and endless issues in the complex modern cars electronic systems...
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
19naia: Very nice replies all of them... Never heard of Destruction title before... i guess $3500 is a fair price if the car is in excellent operating order... But i know for instance, floods can create shorts in the wiring which can remain hidden and then the sensors go bad very often needing replacement and even the entire expensive computer module... I had a car with a short in it and it was excellent running but the O2 sensor needed replacement every few months and then the computer went and the spark wires were all charred on the inside when the tune up replaced them and saw inside the old ones... Hidden shorts and endless issues in the complex modern cars electronic systems...

1) I will never buy a salvaged titled vehicle.

2) Even if I should make an exception it won't be one that has suffered water damage.

3) As you found out, water damages are continuous and things are never the same. Especially on a modern car with vast amounts of wirings, modules, etc

Personally I think the car can be brought in as a parts car. Sell of the engine and trans (these can be rebuilt), wheels/tires, convertible top, dashboard (for that RHD to LHD conversion), seats (can be reupholstered), doors (can be stripped of electronics, airbags, switches), trunk and hood, suspension bits (shocks can be rebuilt), etc

1 Like

Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Lexusgs430: 12:51am On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

grin

But between you and I this car is probably safer than 60% of the death traps and contraptions running amok on Nigerian roads being passed of as motor vehicles.

They are already loads of vehicles like this on our roads.

1 Like

Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by 19naia(m): 4:55am On Aug 27, 2014
People need Just watch the world news regularly and see the amount of flooding going on in europe, australia, and USA... Japans tsunami, thailand 2011 where they have Honda cars manufacturing..

The amount of cars you see floundering in these floods on the news footage over the past decade is amazing and the number grows... Hurricane sandy, hurricane Katrina that flooded major population areas beyond expectations... The number of USA cars flooded in those storms is huge...

When you hear that Nigeria ports favor cars 15 years and younger coming in, that is the era for the most flooding in USA and europe from hurricanes and and errant rain storms.... The number of flood cars is likely at an all time high while insurance claims settle in privacy and the cars fate are settled in privacy and end up where? Yes many of you are genius with the correct answer waiting...

A flood car is not always a cars doomed situation, but the salt water hurricane flood is for sure worse than the same type of inundation in fresh water floods..

I bet the insurance company required A destruction title on the car that insurance paid total damage reimbursement for and for a car looking that good as above, it must be the stealthy form of damage such as flooding in salt water... The date of destruction title may even approximately match hurricane Sandy or some other significant population area flood event...
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 27, 2014
19naia: People need Just watch the world news regularly and see the amount of flooding going on in europe, australia, and USA... Japans tsunami, thailand 2011 where they have Honda cars manufacturing..

The amount of cars you see floundering in these floods on the news footage over the past decade is amazing and the number grows... Hurricane sandy, hurricane Katrina that flooded major population areas beyond expectations... The number of USA cars flooded in those storms is huge...

When you hear that Nigeria ports favor cars 15 years and younger coming in, that is the era for the most flooding in USA and europe from hurricanes and and errant rain storms.... The number of flood cars is likely at an all time high while insurance claims settle in privacy and the cars fate are settled in privacy and end up where? Yes many of you are genius with the correct answer waiting...

A flood car is not always a cars doomed situation, but the salt water hurricane flood is for sure worse than the same type of inundation in fresh water floods..

I bet the insurance company required A destruction title on the car that insurance paid total damage reimbursement for and for a car looking that good as above, it must be the stealthy form of damage such as flooding in salt water... The date of destruction title may even approximately match hurricane Sandy or some other significant population area flood event...

Have you owned a flooded car before?
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by 19naia(m): 5:44am On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Have you owned a flooded car before?

I flooded my own car before trying to drive through 4 feet of water in a dip in the road.. My van stalled in the middle and another truck pulled me out... The van would not start at first but then it started after an hour sitting and was fine after that... Toyota van from 1986...
My car with shorted wires was not from flood, but from using my 1999 car to charge another car battery and then some one(my lady) crossed the wires when she vex with me.. I caught it quick with no problems at first, but then as time went on ,the car proved a basket case of bad sensors and computer failure....
I have owned 6 used cars before -and to be honest, i never used to check about the flood history when buying... Two of my used cars were certified used cars and so i doubt they were ever flooded.. The other ones, i will never know the truth because i never asked or searched...
My last car was 2007 bought new, so no flood in thats

I used to drive one of my cars through the ocean high tide every day flooding the road.. The salt water was damaging my brake calipers and they would seize up every few months until i learned my lesson through pain in my wallet.. stopped driving that route and problem was no more... Later though, corrosion built up in the engine to transmission bay, discovered when having my clutch replaced..It was that habit of driving the salt water flooding shallow in the road...
Re: ? Certificate Of Destruction Of Automoblie? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2014
19naia:

I flooded my own car before trying to drive through 4 feet of water in a dip in the road.. My van stalled in the middle and another truck pulled me out... The van would not start at first but then it started after an hour sitting and was fine after that... Toyota van from 1986...
My car with shorted wires was not from flood, but from using my 1999 car to charge another car battery and then some one(my lady) crossed the wires when she vex with me.. I caught it quick with no problems at first, but then as time went on ,the car proved a basket case of bad sensors and computer failure....
I have owned 6 used cars before -and to be honest, i never used to check about the flood history when buying... Two of my used cars were certified used cars and so i doubt they were ever flooded.. The other ones, i will never know the truth because i never asked or searched...
My last car was 2007 bought new, so no flood in thats

I used to drive one of my cars through the ocean high tide every day flooding the road.. The salt water was damaging my brake calipers and they would seize up every few months until i learned my lesson through pain in my wallet.. stopped driving that route and problem was no more... Later though, corrosion built up in the engine to transmission bay, discovered when having my clutch replaced..It was that habit of driving the salt water flooding shallow in the road...

Excellent, I like reading first hand experiences.

Not my brothers sisters uncle or culled from google search.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed In Selection Between This Two Rides In The Next 12 Hours!!! / Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA / Help I Top My 2008 V6 Honda Accord's Radiator With Water Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.