Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA (2009 Views)

Advice On Nissan Altima 2000 Model / Electrical Faults, Brain Box, Burnt Coil, New Engine On Nissan Moran 04 / Car Gurus, Please Come In. Advice Needed On Nissan Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by slimmoney(m): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2017
Morning house, a friend of mine who earn a little below 100k is planing to get a nissan maxima 2002 model and as a friend i dont knw how strong or reliable d car is, so i will be very happy if anybody that has used the car tell us d pros nd cons of d car, how expensive and accesible d parts are also if it consume minimal fuel, attached here is d picture of d car.

Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by princemillla(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2017
Nissan maxima is OK but don't go for 3.5 SE just 2.5 S or SL. And never go for SE or 5speed go for 4speed never go for side sump gear go for down sump gear. All the best with ur chose
Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by diportivo: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2017
slimmoney:
Morning house, a friend of mine who earn a little below 100k is planing to get a nissan maxima 2002 model and as a friend i dont knw how strong or reliable d car is, so i will be very happy if anybody that has used the car tell us d pros nd cons of d car, how expensive and accesible d parts are also if it consume minimal fuel, attached here is d picture of d car.

for the bolded,nissan micra is bae

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by slimmoney(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2017
princemillla:
Nissan maxima is OK but don't go for 3.5 SE just 2.5 S or SL. And never go for SE or 5speed go for 4speed never go for side sump gear go for down sump gear. All the best with ur chose
thanks bro i appreciate ur comment
Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by princemillla(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2017
diportivo:

for the bolded,nissan micra is bae

Nissan quest 2003 upwards don't consume fuel also... They r fuel economy
Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by diportivo: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
princemillla:

Nissan quest 2003 upwards don't consume fuel also... They r fuel economy

i used a quest 2000 and fuel economy was okay...very ok

rem,its the same VG33 engine in the xterra and pathy/qx4

problem with those model year quests were rewires "working" relays for the fan and wiring it direct.once u go that route the car is done for
Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by princemillla(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
diportivo:

i used a quest 2000 and fuel economy was okay...very ok

rem,its the same VG33 engine in the xterra and pathy/qx4

problem with those model year quests were rewires "working" relays for the fan and wiring it direct.once u go that route the car is done for

Bros despite my hatred for this nissan product, I still love their interior. I went to inspect one on Friday my brother who is my mechanic told me. Never to buy any quest with just single wire joined together. Immediately we left the inspection site cuz the car wires has been substitute to black n red speaker wires cheesy
Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by SpaceAngel: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
I own one, nice car, very fast. The one on the picture is 3.5V6. Fuel consumption is relatively ok on highway but not in traffic, compared to toyota of same engine capacity (2012 highlander) fuel consumption is undecided.

Don't give the car to road side mechanic unless you may commit economic suicide. Get yourself a good scanner to help diagnose faults.. Parts atimes could be issue and even when you get the parts without proper diagnosis you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed on NISSAN MAXIMA by capspeter: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2017
SpaceAngel:
I own one, nice car, very fast. The one on the picture is 3.5V6. Fuel consumption is relatively ok on highway but not in traffic, compared to toyota of same engine capacity (2012 highlander) fuel consumption is undecided.

Don't give the car to road side mechanic unless you may commit economic suicide. Get yourself a good scanner to help diagnose faults.. Parts atimes could be issue and even when you get the parts without proper diagnosis you are on your own.

Bro, please can you help me on this
https://www.nairaland.com/3916475/nissan-maxima-makes-noise-underneath

@OP Nissan maxima 2002 is a sweet car, very fast.
But the 3.5v6 is not very economical when compared to corolla or civic

(1) (Reply)

2018 Toyota Camry Vs 2018 Honda Accord: Which Do You Prefer? / I Want To Buy A Car. / Your Current And Dream Cars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.