Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nigeria Is So Different!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is So Different!!! (1178 Views)

7 Ways Buhari Is Not So Different From Your Ex-boyfriend / 7 Ways Buhari Is Not So Different From Your Ex-boyfriend / Why Nigeria Is Underdeveloped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is So Different!!! by vacker(f): 9:06am On Aug 27, 2014
So i landed,i have no friends yet so i geuss when am not outside exploring,i would be on facebook or this forum.

This is actually my first time outside Europe,and i am so happy my dad's country is my first point of call.I have noticed some glaring differences between Nigeria and Sweden.I hope am not starting too many topics.

1. The Taxis are full smiley
Five people!

2. Police dont have pistols.
Ak 47's,to make them more intimidating i guess.A bit odd though.

3. Nigerian men are smaller in size compared to Swedish men. Majority of men in Sweden are like 6'0 6'1 6'2 upward.Most men in nigeria seem to be in the 5'5 to 5'11 range,i have seen few 6 footers though.My dad is 5'8,i understand now.

4. Hilarious billboards,The political ones are especially odd,those achievements listed on them aren't worth being listed on a billboard

5.NTA is not befitting of a national TV station. They dont seem to have an order of programs they stick too.The backround used for the news at 9 pm or thereabout is not mindblowing.

6.Electricity isnt extremely bad,My hotel has turned off its power plant since midnight,maybe my judgement is coming too early

7 .Shawarma is great! lol

8. Nigerians are friendlier.In Sweden everyone walks on the street without acknowledging each other,here everyone seem to be smiling

9. Warmer,Sweden can be like a refrigerator

10. Fucking love this place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by write2obi(m): 9:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Op welcome home.
Am glad you like it here smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by vacker(f): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2014
write2obi: Op welcome home.
Am glad you like it here smiley

thanks
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by BTT(m): 9:38am On Aug 27, 2014
You are welcome home.

Meanwhile, the location you are reporting from, which you didn't state, may also be largely influencing these opinions.

Yes we are happy and laughable. But please be less trusting of those smiles. You have been told.

Again, welcome and cheers.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by vacker(f): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2014
BTT: You are welcome home.

Meanwhile, the location you are reporting from, which you didn't state, may also be largely influencing these opinions.

Yes we are happy and laughable. But please be less trusting of those smiles. You have been told.

Again, welcome and cheers.

Of course am being careful,thanks for your concern.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Douglasdale(m): 9:57am On Aug 27, 2014
Enjoy ur stay. Naija is fun if you know the right people and places. Guess u are in Lagos.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Douglasdale(m): 9:58am On Aug 27, 2014
Enjoy ur stay. Naija is fun if you know the right people and places. Guess u are in Lagos.
Ps. You can get the best sharwama in Owerri. Or make it yourself too.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by olapluto(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2014
Enjoy your stay...Take time to actually interact with people. Talk to people on taxis, in the market, etc. You will learn a lot from them. We have a unique way of thinking that you may find interesting. Also, eat a lot of naija food. Take Amala, Eba, Fufu, egusi, ewedu, okra, etc. Your life will not remain the same.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by ElFenomeno1: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2014
Douglasdale: Enjoy ur stay. Naija is fun if you know the right people and places. Guess u are in Lagos.
Ps. You can get the best sharwama in Owerri. Or make it yourself too.

Are you indirectly trying to tell the OP to travel to Owerri for shawarma?!
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 27, 2014
wow, first time outside Europe. you must be in lagos or abuja if you're cheerful about it, or simply a very jovial person. How was the weather in Sweden? Not too much contrast to here I hope.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Collynzo16: 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nairalanders can fall for anything sha.
Someone opened an account yesterday and started posting these things and everyone believes him/her?
This person can be Chino for all we know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Iluvberem: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by achi4u(m): 12:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
[s][/s]
Collynzo16: Nairalanders can fall for anything sha.
Someone opened an account yesterday and started posting these things and everyone believes him/her?
U are not far from the truth.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
don't believe the hype!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by nwaanambra1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2014

3. Nigerian men are smaller in size compared to Swedish men. Majority of men in Sweden are like 6'0 6'1 6'2 upward.Most men in nigeria seem to be in the 5'5 to 5'11 range,i have seen few 6 footers though.My dad is 5'8,i understand now.

Its not a matter of how tall - Na how loaded! Take time out to check the load between the legs of majority of our men and you will begin to understand where the remaining height went to! wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by stevecantrell: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
vacker: So i landed,i have no friends yet so i geuss when am not outside exploring,i would be on facebook or this forum.

This is actually my first time outside Europe,and i am so happy my dad's country is my first point of call.I have noticed some glaring differences between Nigeria and Sweden.I hope am not starting too many topics.

1. The Taxis are full smiley
Five people!

2. Police dont have pistols.
Ak 47's,to make them more intimidating i guess.A bit odd though.

4. Hilarious billboards,The political ones are especially odd,those achievements listed on them aren't worth being listed on a billboard

5.NTA is not befitting of a national TV station. They dont seem to have an order of programs they stick too.The backround used for the news at 9 pm or thereabout is not mindblowing.

6.Electricity isnt extremely bad,My hotel has turned off its power plant since midnight,maybe my judgement is coming too early

7 .Shawarma is great! lol

8. Nigerians are friendlier.In Sweden everyone walks on the street without acknowledging each other,here everyone seem to be smiling

9. Warmer,Sweden can be like a refrigerator

10. Fucking love this place

I like your funny observations.

We are 170 million people here, so no space is wasted in public transport.

Some police do have pistols, but mostly senior ranking officers and paramilitary.

We aren't Vikings. A man who is 5'10 is considered tall enough.

Politicians are mainly under-achieving hood-winkers in this part of the world.

You're right about no. 6

You will soon get tired of that Shawarner

Nigerians are usually friendly to light skinned girls.

Sweden isn't too far from greenland so I guess its a big change for you.

I predict your love for this will grow cold before October 1. Then you'll be begging to leave.

In the meantime PM me your phone number.
I'll be waiting....
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Ayomel(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Welcome home bro. This is the only place u can feel at home.
Actually feel like a human being.
You know what am saying being a black in the mints of white
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by feedthenation(m): 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please make a tourist visit to my village you will enjoy the experience.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by rasbaby(f): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Please could you be kind enough to let me in on that language you wrote on your signature. Never mind its sweedish and its an introduction.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by rasbaby(f): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
How do I connect to you?
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Douglasdale(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Are you indirectly trying to tell the OP to travel to Owerri for shawarma?!

Thts for her to decide. Not you.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by ElFenomeno1: 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Douglasdale: Thts for her to decide. Not you.

I asked you a question, i didnt make a decision..... Moroooooon
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Douglasdale(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

I asked you a question, i didnt make a decision..... Moroooooon

Hahaha. You are trying to start what u can't finish man.
I am too gbaski for this childish play.
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by ElFenomeno1: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Douglasdale:

Hahaha. You are trying to start what u can't finish man.
I am too gbaski for this childish play.

Douglas, get lost!
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by Douglasdale(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Douglas, get lost!

Eyaah. You are still a mummy's boy.
#Sissy
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by kaffy4tope(m): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Visit Dubai before you go back.....

Thank me later. wink
Re: Nigeria Is So Different!!! by chinasaekperem: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2014
OP, nice marketing strategy, we are actually in need of people who can canvass clients in our firm. In OBJ's voice "OP how market?"

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa D Man For Deltans In 2015 / 2015: Ogun Governor, Ibikunle Amosun In Re-election Campaign – See PHOTOS / Jonathan Gradually Gaining Popularity In The North - Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.