Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,031 members, 7,814,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming (4776 Views)

Lets Diagnose This Grand Cherokee Issue (fixed) / My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On / How Good Is The Jeep Grand Cherokee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by badpeople: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
mayor2013: Your car is a drive by wire so you can do a relearn. But now the relearn process would be made possible depending on the type of scan tool you use
@Mayor2013, hope u ve seen d pictures of d engine and dashboards, how do we go from here?
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
mayor2013: There is no point trying to let you comprehend. City NG said the same as I did earlier. OMG!! You reside in Nigeria or uk be it whatever place and you have never heard of obd3 diagnostic tools
No vex oh and plz dnt take it as insult, I have heard of OBD3 scanners, and I know you said you have them for sale can you please post me a link to them so i can add to my knowledge pleaseeeeee, Im waiting, I only want to add to my knowledge, I mean nothing malicious please.
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by mayor2013: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yes I have. Like I said earlier if you have that padlock sign on your instrument cluster. Your car is locked and needs to be reprogrammed for it to start again. If I may ask what type of scan tool was used on this ride ?Reason am asking is the job on this ride far out weighs the capabilities of an obdd2 scanner

1 Like

Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
sultaan: @OP,
I would not say it will be easy but you can send an email to jeep.com customer service with your VIN and ask if there is a way for you to buy new keys.you will not be the first person oversees missing a key but you will need 3 keys so that in case you lose one you can buy a blank an reprogram yourself as back up. And that is only if you start the car and it shuts down with the key light blinking on dash otherwise disconnect battery overnight and try again
True that , but do you really think they will re program a new Key without the vehicle?I tried that with the FOB, they refused, I had to buy after mkt one.Still OP has not managed to scan the car for Codes though.
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by mayor2013: 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ op pls go for a more professional scan. Sure you would have fault codes and pls when scanning dont let them rule out scanning the immobiliser as this is what is causing your car not to start up
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
mayor2013: @ op pls go for a more professional scan. Sure you would have fault codes and pls when scanning dont let them rule out scanning the immobiliser as this is what is causing your car not to start up
Bross Im still waiting for your OBD3 scanner links grin grin grin
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by mayor2013: 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Google is a friend like you recommended you tube to City NG
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
mayor2013: Google is a friend like you recommended you tube to City NG
I have came back with nothing hence I was hoping you could help me with a link?

1 Like

Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
erico2k2:
I have came back with nothing hence I was hoping you could help me with a link?

Groan.......

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obd3

Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

Groan.......

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=obd3
Come on Brov U are more than this, U should know better.Hope you aint supporting his OBD3 theory by hear say? grin grin
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
erico2k2:
Come on Brov U are more than this, U should know better.Hope you aint supporting his OBD3 theory by hear say? grin grin

I really don't want to derail this thread much more than we already probably have (but the only reason why it's still pertinent and exposed in this section).

If after the screenshot that I gave you and the search criteria and you still believe that OBD3 is a theory then I'm done with you and wish there was a way to complete block your userid from appearing on my screen in my Nairaland surfing.

CityNG is out. Enjoy guys. I'm done here.
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Erico2K2, cityNG please let's not derail this thread. You two can open a fresh thread and discuss about OBD ii or self diagnostic systems in cars. Thanks for compliance.
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
lomomike: Erico2K2, cityNG please let's not derail this thread. You two can open a fresh thread and discuss about OBD ii or self diagnostic systems in cars. Thanks for compliance.
Brove I hear that,we where just having a chat not arguments,I hate when people jump into and ongoing topic without getting the root.I will post one reply to CityNg on here and that's that,I will open a thread on OBD3 as U said and hopefully we learn from it and anybody can come onboard
https://www.nairaland.com/1883383/all-u-need-know-obd3
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

I really don't want to derail this thread much more than we already probably have (but the only reason why it's still pertinent and exposed in this section).

If after the screenshot that I gave you and the search criteria and you still believe that OBD3 is a theory then I'm done with you and wish there was a way to complete block your userid from appearing on my screen in my Nairaland surfing.

CityNG is out. Enjoy guys. I'm done here.
I have taken the advice and opened the OBD3 thread,lets go there.No need to get angry, there was a good reason for my comments.

https://www.nairaland.com/1883383/all-u-need-know-obd3
My last post on OBD3 on here
@Lomomike Im out.
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by mayor2013: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
grin
Re: Help!! My 2001 Grand Cherokee Needs Reprogramming by sultaan(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
@OP

For all Chrysler vehicle factory tool for that period is the drb scan tool that is what dealers use to program keys right now some can be found cheap for $2000 so you know few people have them there are systems in place to make keys without the car physically there so contact t jeep customer service

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Double-decker Tricycle / My Toyota Avalon / Stolen Car At Shoprite With The Photo Of The Thief.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.