Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Not Too Lucky - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not Too Lucky (2861 Views)

Post Your Christmas Wish Here, Maybe You'll Get Lucky / She Was Lucky, She Didn't Bleed, I Bled: Uganda's 'monster Maid' Speaks Out / Lucky Cow 'Bless' Pregnant Women With Baby Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2014
i have been in a few relationships where i put in my efforts to make it work irrespective of how stupid it may look but i end up being hurt and unfairly treated by the man but wen i see how some ladies heartlessly treat some men and still yet they ar being pampered and loved by the man, does it mean am not just lucky with being blessed wit God fearing and responsible men? or am i the problem?

1 Like

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
D ladies actually treat me bad,very bad,@ times I wonder if I have offended any in my former life
Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
You blow hot and cold in a relationship to make it work, pushover doesn't work for most men. My friend that devotes every every to relationship is facing same fate you are facing now. The bible said " don't be too good, don't be too bad".

2 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by Tallesty1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
edozie04: D ladies actually treat me bad,very bad,@ times I wonder if I have offended any in my former life
Stop being nice, be a toughy.

1 Like

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
beeevan: You blow hot and cold in a relationship to make it work, pushover doesn't work for most men. My friend that devotes every every to relationship is facing same fate you are facing now. The bible said " don't be too good, don't be too bad".

shocked shocked shocked grin grin cheesy

beeeeeeeevaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!!!!!! where did the bible say that? cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
alutacontinua:

Seriously it did but I have forgotten the exact quotation, ecclesiasticals or proverbs grin. It even went further to Say" don't be too stup*id or too wise.
Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nothing wrong in being nice in a relationship. You will soon meet a man that values and appreciates you.

3 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Aluta nah foolish bible use ooo grin
Re: Not Too Lucky by HFOG(f): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
beeevan: You blow hot and cold in a relationship to make it work, pushover doesn't work for most men. My friend that devotes every every to relationship is facing same fate you are facing now. The bible said " don't be too good, don't be too bad".
Which bible pls?
Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nashville: Nothing wrong in being nice in a relationship. You will soon meet a man that values and appreciates you.

tanks nash but for hw long?i av withdrawn from having relationships after d last terrible xperience which left me wit a baby girl coz i sense it might repeat itself .i want to put all my love to my baby
Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
Which bible pls?

The one you know, am sure you haven't read your entire bible or have you? I have attempted reading the entire bible as a teenager so I do know some bible points that Sunday Sunday christians will never come across.
Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
If being nice is not working, then try something else.
Re: Not Too Lucky by warrior01: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
ephee:

tanks nash but for hw long?i av withdrawn from having relationships after d last terrible xperience which left me wit a baby girl coz i sense it might repeat itself .i want to put all my love to my baby

Never ever give up; your man will soon show up. Just be yourself and believe me, you will laugh last.
Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
ephee:

Then you need to be more careful. Lots of horrible guys out there and you should know to differentiate between them.

And more importantly, if a guy starts treating you badly, don't try to do more. Just leave the relationship.

However there are lots of good guys out there and you need to find one.
Re: Not Too Lucky by Obinoscopy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
alutacontinua:

HFOG:
Which bible pls?
Ecclesiastes 7:17 lipsrsealed

Don’t be too good or too bad, and don’t be too wise or too foolish. Why should you die before your time?

4 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
You have not met the right guy yet, there are guys out there who will appreciate your efforts and hardwork but the bad thing is that many of them may take you for granted or even call you desperate. ..

My advice is that if putting in so much effort into a relationship is who you're, then continue but if not, loosen up because many will take you for granted and may think you want to tie them down or have any other ulterior motive. .be yourself, you don't have to go against your way just to please a bf...you even took in for the last guy, yet he left you....

Bottomline: Learn to earn your respect in a relationship and wish you the best in your next relationship...

1 Like

Re: Not Too Lucky by awhales(f): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
My dear ephee, there's a n adage that says you can't keep doing the same thing the same way and expect a different result.

I had such issues in my previous relationships thank God it didn't leave me with a baby.

I went back to the drawing board asked myself some important questions, like what have u being doing wrongly. I cautioned myself to act differently, viola it worked like magic and I got married to a man that adores the very ground I walk upon.

My dear, if you are investing in a relationship so much and all the other person does is to withdraw and withdraw, my dear it's normal for you to go empty.

Sit down, focus on your baby, invest some much love in her that the one left will be for you. If the man is serious he will work for both you and your baby's love.

Some guys are jerks sha...mschw

1 Like

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=awhales]My dear ephee, there's a n adage that says you can't keep doing the same thing the same way and expect a different result.

I had such issues in my previous relationships thank God it didn't leave me with a baby.

I went back to the drawing board asked myself some important questions, like what have u being doing wrongly. I cautioned myself to act differently, viola it worked like magic and I got married to a man that adores the very ground I walk upon.

My dear, if you are investing in a relationship so much and all the other person does is to withdraw and withdraw, my dear it's normal for you to go empty.

Sit down, focus on your baby, invest some much love in her that the one left will be for you. If the man is serious he will work for both you and your baby's love.

Some guys are jerks sha...mschw[/quote

tanks.am so hapy for u
Re: Not Too Lucky by coogar: 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
ephee: i have been in a few relationships where i put in my efforts to make it work irrespective of how stupid it may look but i end up being hurt and unfairly treated by the man but wen i see how some ladies heartlessly treat some men and still yet they ar being pampered and loved by the man, does it mean am not just lucky with being blessed wit God fearing and responsible men? or am i the problem?

you are the problem!
then again, you might think you are giving your best but doing the wrong thing. it means you are always working ever so hard to do the wrong things - surely, you are bound to get burnt!

all those guys can't be wrong - take 2 steps back & check yourself. be honest with your assessment - look at the things you have done that rubbed them the wrong way. was it a common theme in all the relationships you have had?

if it is - you have identified the problem. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=coogar]

you are the problem!
then again, you might think you are giving your best but doing the wrong thing. it means you are always working ever so hard to do the wrong things - surely, you are bound to get burnt!

all those guys can't be wrong - take 2 steps back & check yourself. be honest with your assessment - look at the things you have done that rubbed them the wrong way. was it a common theme in all the relationships you have had?

if it is - you have identified the problem. cool[/quote

tanks for ur sincere response.
it just crossed my mind now that i play good gurl in my relationships.i dnt ask for money coz i blive i am financialy independent.i even help out wen ever financial crises arises so that he dnt av to worry.i go out of my way to satisfy him nd i breakdown emotionally wen we have issues.

could all these be d reason for their actions?

1 Like

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
ephee:
it just crossed my mind now that i play good
gurl in my relationships.i dnt ask for money
coz i blive i am financialy independent.i even
help out wen ever financial crises arises so
that he dnt av to worry.i go out of my way to
satisfy him nd i breakdown emotionally wen
we have issues.
could all these be d reason for their actions?

Break down emotionally ke? Jesus!! I wish I was a gal,,, honestly, I wish I was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the only way to show a guy hell wen u both av issues is to pretend that u'r good!!! It drives men insane,,,,

My ex-g.f always call me wen we av ishs, even wen I'm wrong, she calls and say she's sorry,,,, then she became sm1 I could push around,,,,no guy wants a girl he can push around,,,,,,,,,, I eventually frustrated that girl outta the relationship............

Fast Forward a few months,,,, I met this ridiculously firm girl,,, and I cherish that she is!!! Its 2years nw, and I still adore her,,,, dunno aw to make my point again jhor, but jez put this in mind,,,, he needs a partner, not a pet

4 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
topelouis:

Break down emotionally ke? Jesus!! I wish I was a gal,,, honestly, I wish I was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the only way to show a guy hell wen u both av issues is to pretend that u'r good!!! It drives men insane,,,,

My ex-g.f always call me wen we av ishs, even wen I'm wrong, she calls and say she's sorry,,,, then she became sm1 I could push around,,,,no guy wants a girl he can push around,,,,,,,,,, I eventually frustrated that girl outta the relationship............

Fast Forward a few months,,,, I met this ridiculously firm girl,,, and I cherish that she is!!! Its 2years nw, and I still adore her,,,, dunno aw to make my point again jhor, but jez put this in mind,,,, he needs a partner, not a pet

wuld u mind giving me a hint on how to be firm
Re: Not Too Lucky by laplace12(m): 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
topelouis:

You are on the wrong path bro.
Your feeble mind is being played by an experienced runs girl. You are a victim of reverse psychology. Girls fall for it more, but it is more annoying seeing it work on a guy.

You've got a chicken heart. Don't think of getting married to that girls cos the truth will come out and you will realize the package is actually empty.

Good girls rock, anytime, any day kiss

5 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 28, 2014
laplace12:

You are on the wrong path bro.
Your feeble mind is being played by an experienced runs girl. You are a victim of reverse psychology. Girls fall for it more, but it is more annoying seeing it work on a guy.

You've got a chicken heart. Don't think of getting married to that girls cos the truth will come out and you will realize the package is actually empty.

Good girls rock, anytime, any day kiss

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I didn't noe that! Gracias!

Waking up to see that my g.f might be an experienced runs gal is terrible dou!!!!

And I av a feeble mind Ehrmmm

Can't say the thought of insulting the hell outta u didn't cross my mind!

But jez one question dou; can't good girls be firm?

I av the luxury of soo many female friends and I noe that those ones that are overly good and acting all caring are the runs gals,,, they'll do jez abt anything
Re: Not Too Lucky by raumdeuter: 4:59am On Aug 28, 2014
Basically all the men you've met you treated them like kings and they turned out to be jerks

What was their excuse for dumping you?
Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 28, 2014
raumdeuter: Basically all the men you've met you treated them like kings and they turned out to be jerks

What was their excuse for dumping you?

no pogent reason .
if i am nyc and good,am boring
if i am outspoken and blunt,am rude
if i dnt ask for money,i am weird
if i do, am a gold digger
if i am homely and domestic,am taken for granted
if i dnt do anytin,i am lazy and not a wife material

my point is what xactly do men want cos av not figured it out

2 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by raumdeuter: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Instead of trying to please these men, why not be yourself for a change

3 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 28, 2014
ephee:

no pogent reason .

As I said in my previous post, be yourself. .stop struggling so hard to please them...QED
Re: Not Too Lucky by Obinoscopy(m): 7:33am On Aug 28, 2014
ephee:

no pogent reason .

So you were all of these? How possible is that? How can you be domestic and lazy at the same time or in different relationships? How could you be financially dependent and independent in different relationships? It would seem you can change your personality from one relationship to another. Hmmmm..........

Now, as regards the bolded. Not all men say those things you pointed out. Not all men take a domestic lady for granted, not all men considers good ladies as boring. Maybe you've been unlucky. My advice: pray to God for favour and guidance. Don't be quick to rush into a relationship. Ask yourself: does he truly love me? If you think he does, still seek divine revelation. If God says yes, who can say no?
Re: Not Too Lucky by laplace12(m): 7:53am On Aug 28, 2014
topelouis:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I didn't noe that! Gracias!

Waking up to see that my g.f might be an experienced runs gal is terrible dou!!!!

And I av a feeble mind Ehrmmm

Can't say the thought of insulting the hell outta u didn't cross my mind!

But jez one question dou; can't good girls be firm?

I av the luxury of soo many female friends and I noe that those ones that are overly good and acting all caring are the runs gals,,, they'll do jez abt anything

Your idea of being firm is playing mind games, and that is probably what the present girl is doing.

A girl that didn't cheat on, never stopped loving you and never stopped showing it, yet you broke her heart for a silly reason and yet proud to talk about it. I'm just pained.

How firm do you want her to be? Take a cane and whip you like an irresponsible child that doesn't know what to do?

Its annoying that you dumped a girl for being true to herself and to you. Its wickedness, I can't understandstand why you are proud of it.

11 Likes

Re: Not Too Lucky by beeevan: 7:58am On Aug 28, 2014
coogar:

you are the problem!

if it is - you have identified the problem. cool

This is just my point.
Re: Not Too Lucky by Daresh(f): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Nashville:

Then you need to be more careful. Lots of horrible guys out there and you should know to differentiate between them.

And more importantly, if a guy starts treating you badly, don't try to do more. Just leave the relationship.

However there are lots of good guys out there and you need to find one.

Exactly. I think the OP is just hanging with the wrong kind of guys and being too gullible. Dont believe everything he tells you. Use your head and not your heart and most importantly USE A CONDOM EVERYTIME.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow! See The Most Daring Wedding Photos Ever / Please I Need A Prepaid Meter (in Port Harcourt) / My Wife Is Pleading With Me To Allow Her Hang Out With Her Ex 4yrs Into Our Marr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.