Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi (2793 Views)

How Buhari’s TSA Saved Nigeria Billions Of Naira - Daily Times / Rev Mbaka:is GEJ Holding #chibokgirls??? Those Fighting Your Husband Will Fail. / 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by atlwireles: 2:17am On Aug 28, 2014
PORT HARCOURT — Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, yesterday, explained why he was the target of attacks from some politicians within and outside the state.
According to him, “most of the people opposed to me are in the rank of those I assisted one way or another, some by contract awards but they failed to deliver.”

Speaking at a meet-the-people tour of communities in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the state, Amaechi said: “If you check Obio/Akpor council, you will see how many persons that have grown through me.
Almost 80 per cent of those fighting me today are people who I have given billions of naira in contracts and they have put the money in their pockets, they did not deliver and they claim they are Ikwerre people.
“I have said that the road at Eneka was given to an Obio/Akpor son. The internal road at Rumuolumeni was given to a Rumuolumeni son. They gave it to one of Obio/Akpor’s sons to do. They have not done it. They have no fear, no shame.
“You know, the worst money to steal is the money belonging to your people. For me, go and check Ubima Road, as an ordinary Special Assistant to Chief Rufus George, the money he brought, we did the Ubima Road and when I became Speaker, I got Dr. Peter Odili to do the road and the road lasted until I became governor.
“I did not touch Ubima money. I did not say ‘I want to be a big man, contractor, give me N40 million first’. The first road to Ubima was N40 million, one kobo I did not see.
“All the roads in Rumuepirikom(community of Nyesom Wike) were done by this administration. I gave the contracts to your son and paid hundred per cent. But almost all the roads there have gone bad and they are not major traffic route. It is because of greed.
“As an Ikwerre man, what else can I do? Please tell me what else do you want me to do that I have not done? I just did not do the road, I gave it to Ikwerre people to do. If you are not a good contractor, you look for a good contractor to do for you, is it not? Now, you are not a good contractor, you don’t want to hire a good contractor, you just buy one pay loader and you begin to scratch the ground.”
He thanked the people of Oro-Igwe for the opportunity of meeting with them and urged them to beware of those who would be dishonest or betray people for selfish reasons.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/amaechi/#sthash.K0uCxMJo.dpuf
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by atlwireles: 2:26am On Aug 28, 2014
How low will this man fall, sad watching him, confess his sins . Public officials must pass an insanity test before talking office

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by niggereyez(f): 2:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Eneka and Rumuolumeni roads are particularly in deplorable states. its sad

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Is this comedy? Don't know if he was just trying to be funny.

Why sounding so helpless, huh?

He gave the road to the "sons", chai!!!

"As an Ikwerre man, what else can I do? grin Please tell me what else do you want me to do that I have not done? grin grin I just did not do the road, I gave it to Ikwerre people to do" grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by brownlord: 2:31am On Aug 28, 2014
What a stup1d man, how can any sensible man live real contractors and engineers and award project to politicians yet, he is here talking trash. oh Nigeria where anything goes, watch as his party men come here twist this material with english to yan dust. nonsence

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 28, 2014
You be Robin Hood? Stealing state money and claiming victim? Haba.

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by LordMecuzy(m): 2:55am On Aug 28, 2014
brownlord: What a stup1d man, how can any sensible man live real contractors and engineers and award project to politicians yet, he is here talking trash. oh Nigeria where anything goes, watch as his party men come here twist this material with english to yan dust. nonsence

That's d biggest problem in Nigeria all contracts are awarded to party men (PDP;APC)

6 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Gboliwe: 2:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Amaechi Rotimi kwa? Long since ruled off! The man is an attention seeking noisemaker. He talks before he thinks and that's the hallmark of the APC

18 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by donphilopus: 2:59am On Aug 28, 2014
atlwireles: How low will this man fall, sad watching him, confess his sins . Public officials must pass an insanity test before talking office

Was this one saying?! Your case is always “ase zwe, asa di ne”, meaning we should neither run nor stay. Besides, is there any thing wrong in telling the people of the community that he gave a contract to their sons and daughters (but they failed to deliver)?!

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by itstpia1: 3:04am On Aug 28, 2014
wish i could see some of this nigeria's money, i havent seen it before personally.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by shikshark: 4:12am On Aug 28, 2014
you are supposed to be punched repeatedly on the throat until u loose ur life support.
Nigeria politics is getting nowhere, a nation where public office holders open up their dirty laundry in front of the whole universe.
there should be a way these contractors and there croonies will be bought to book without making the headline. oga use a little bit of diplomacy next time.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:15am On Aug 28, 2014
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Segadem(m): 4:20am On Aug 28, 2014
The moni u are sharing...
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by jmaine: 4:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Amaechi is a huge clown . . . .grin

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Chemical2(m): 4:30am On Aug 28, 2014
I just dey laff...Hehehehehe
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 4:30am On Aug 28, 2014
I go talk when this appear on frontpage
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 28, 2014
donphilopus:

Was this one saying?! Your case is always “ase zwe, asa di ne”, meaning we should neither run nor stay. Besides, is there any thing wrong in telling the people of the community that he gave a contract to their sons and daughters (but they failed to deliver)?!
What are you saying? Amaechi should be prosecuted for making this kind of comment, you don't just award contracts because people are party faithfuls or because they are your friends, there are certain protocols, a contractor should have proven records of previous works done, bureau of public enterprise has to advertise so that interested contractors can send in their bill of tender, this statement sounds so callous and desperate and is coming from a whole state governor. This is what Nigerian politicians do, awarding contracts illegally and endangering the life of citizens, they only come out to tell us when they fall out with each other

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by koligs: 5:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Even fools marvel at your foolishness MR AMAECHI!!! U still av the gut to say that u gave contract to so so and so son Can u hear urself at all I tot u were smart not until I saw this post!!! But wait oh, are u sure AMAECHI could say this I don't think his mouth is connected to his brain...

4 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by size38: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2014
Governor Amaechi's voice gives many people fear, headache, hypertension from Wike to GDI to PDP to Aso Rock and finally to Nairaland. Amaechi is unshakable. In Amaechi I support.

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by jmoore(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2014
Common sense is not common these days. Amaechi can't even afford it.

5 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by gunuvi(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2014
amaechi is now the president general of fools in Africa. he is deserved to be sent to jail after his tenure. how can you give people govt contract and they didn't deliver and you didn't arrest them bit kept quiet yet you have the gut to be spewing thrash.
if you are tired resign and go and resume your driving job in Kaduna

8 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Desric(m): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2014
I think other Governments should follow suit both Fed. state, and LGs let's hear who you gave your own contracts that did not deliver so that the populace can know who to hold responsible; that's because in the land of the blind, a one eye man is usually a king so I'll pass what governor Amaechi is doing as part of "Transparency and Accountability"as it applies to the Nigerian state.

For those criticising Amaechi, if he gives the contract out to real contractors, you guys will be the first to blast him of not supporting local content, if he falls out with politicians as a result of not patronising them with juicy contracts and fail to win a reelection and his case becomes like Fayemi of ekiti state, you guys will also be the first to call him names and celebrate his loss.

Nigerians most times are virtually confused people, they hardly know exactly the next thing they want other than "LAMENTING" up and down.... Fayemi lost an election and it was attributed to his lack of pampering corruption and patronising mediocrity, and so many people did not condemn such, rather it's a victory for our democracy, the people has spoken and spoken well. Like they say, "Failure to reward success is another form of encouraging mediocrity". Nigerians we are yet to define our basic priorities and until we do that, I'm afraid that what we'll be getting will be exactly what our attitudes deserve.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by ahaika23: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2014
My governor, some people call him the lion or the tribe of ubima, but we call him the "SQUIRREL OF THE TRIBE OF UBIMA". He's a pathetic fellow who talks without any senses. He embarrasses the good people of Rivers State daily.

10 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by PointB: 8:10am On Aug 28, 2014
So basically, he's saying that he circumvented the Procurement Act, and awarded contract to unqualified and undeserving individuals in the name of political patronage? No wonder River State is now in comatose state. These politicians and second term syndrome. It such a big shame!

Btw, I hope EFFC is listening to his confession!

3 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by kaeycea(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2014
Quite revealing
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by ElFenomeno1: 8:16am On Aug 28, 2014
itstpia1: wish i could see some of this nigeria's money, i havent seen it before personally.

You dont need to see it.... Go and find a husband and get married..... you have no business in the politics section

Eternal singleton!
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2014
Na so them dey share our money, mtcheeeeww angry angry
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by sunex: 8:25am On Aug 28, 2014
Where did he get d moni frm... money ment for masses... dere is God oo.
Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by mekadinho(f): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2014
AMECHI EQUALS "MR IBU" WHENEVER HE IS WITH MICROPHONE.

5 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by lilprinze: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Amaechi looking for attention and making noise since 1997. he is a big and senseless fool how would someone in his right brain give contract worth billions of naria to a politician who would loot the money he is just exposing his level of foolish to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2014
Amaechi always cracking me with the way he talks. There is some atom of sincerity in his comment anyway. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 80% Of Those Fighting Me Are People Who I Have Given Billions Of Naira —amaechi by koboko69: 8:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Ameachi sometimes goof! Even though he seems sincere...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Return's His Presidential Nomination Form / Jonathan Wants Me To Be Vice President In An Interim Govt Being Planned - Tinubu / What Jonathan Represents To Nigerians - A Compilation Of Gej's Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.