Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line (3722 Views)

Gun Men Blow Up AGIP Pipe-line In Rivers / President Jonathan Commissions Phase 1 504MW Alaoji Power Station, In Abia- Pics / Commissioning Of Phase 1, 504MW Alaoji Power Station - Aba, Live On NTA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line by chudionu58(f): 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
tit:

That could mean "customers". I guess apart from the Alaoji power station, some other industries need gas piped to their premises. Like gas is piped and distributed to some of the industrial estates in in Ogun and Lagos states.

(Is gas piped to the industrial estates in port harcourt?)
Yea
Re: Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line by idealsico(m): 12:03am On Aug 29, 2014
chudionu58: Am not experienced nor an expert in the O&G industry but, I am the type that research alot.... Sometimes in 2010 there was an uproar generated due to the seeming gross act of negligence by the NNPC in awarding an 18" pipeline for the alaoji power plant..Experts lamented that the pipeline may not be able to adequately serve the plant because of it's low pressure potential...It was later terminated and reawarded to Oilserv in 2011(August I think) to construct a 24" pipe to Owaza which would cater adequately for the plant...To be frank I've not been to the project sites, but these two links provide little room to doubt the current status of the project... http://www.mlsskylark.info/wwwOilserv/gas-pipelines.php and http://sweetcrudereports.com/2014/01/07/ndphc-moves-against-non-performing-nipp-contractors/..Thanks! expecting a robust reply!!
The NOPL is a 52Km 24'' gas pipeline project which construction started in August 2011. I am not aware of any pipeline already in place from Owaza node to Alaoji Power Plant at present. There's this NGC facility at Owaza, I don't know if there is any line from there to Alaoji.This can only be possible if there is an arrangement whereby Total sells to NGC and NGC then sells to Alaoji and other customers directly.In that case they have already signed sales agreement with buyers who can go ahead to build pipeline.
Re: Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line by chudionu58(f): 5:58am On Aug 29, 2014
idealsico: The NOPL is a 52Km 24'' gas pipeline project which construction started in August 2011. I am not aware of any pipeline already in place from Owaza node to Alaoji Power Plant at present. There's this NGC facility at Owaza, I don't know if there is any line from there to Alaoji.This can only be possible if there is an arrangement whereby Total sells to NGC and NGC then sells to Alaoji and other customers directly.In that case they have already signed sales agreement with buyers who can go ahead to build pipeline.
True may be.. but if the "North Option" is not currently built by Oilserv and client is not NDPHC then, there may be another project and it's most likely real!!
Re: Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line by chudionu58(f): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2014
This can only be possible if there is an arrangement whereby Total sells to NGC and NGC then sells to Alaoji and other customers directly.In that case they have already signed sales agreement with buyers who can go ahead to build pipeline. [/quote] I would like to safely assume you probably didn't digest what your new MD upstream said in the interview with Thisday http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/total-builds-900m-pipeline-to-supply-gas-to-alaoji-power-station/187355/ Agreement is already in place!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Photo Of Two Presidents / #lindagate: I Only Received $150,000 From APC - Cramjones / =N=1881 For Four Tomatoes - Welcome To Change!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.