Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? (766 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Outcome Of The National Assembly Election / John Campbell: "Jonathan Remains Likely Winner Of Elections" / Again, Abuja Residents Protest Postponement Of Elections (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by OlusolaWarrior: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2014
I started a post recently that posed a question regarding the power of state governors to influence people in their states to on whom to vote at the Presidential Elections in 2015. There were varying responses with extreme views. A significant issue that was raised is that state governors, and the president, do not wield influence on the electorates as it was in the past. Their powers have been whittled down, according to most responses. Instead, some of the comments opined that the factors that would determine the outcome of elections in 2015 are Ethnicity and Religion.
As we know, ethnicity and religion are sensitive issues in Nigeria, but one that we cannot shy away from. They cannot be ignored. Truth be told, Nigerians make decisions based on kindred spirit. Even though every man has a right to vote for whom he deems fit, is it in the best interest of our country and for us as a people to make decisions of national impact based on ethnic or religious bias?
Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria elections has always been based on that......................................................

so maybe you should rephrase your question
Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by merieam16(f): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Blockus:

May God Bless your hussle...

When you see yourself inside Sanko, make you no start to find Amnesty o!!

Fhucking Ediot Fhucktard..

I pray you get killed by any of those models of Cars you wrote there. angry
ehya sowie o,guess d guy don rili vex u buh bros d curse 2much abi d guy d owe u?
Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by Blockus: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
merieam16: ehya sowie o,guess d guy don rili vex u buh bros d curse 2much abi d guy d owe u?

Blatantly perpetrating a crime.

Na motor go kill am.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by sultan85(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
my brother, most of the problems we have in nigeria will go when we start looking for quality people instead of this ethnicity, religion etc. you see am a northerner born in the east and also lived in the west too for many years. i voted for the present president becouse he had some of the qualities i had of who should be my president. but i was proved wrong. but then, i came with another reason why even a good person can equally be a bad leader.1. you may be good but the people arround you may influence you.2. the cabals will never allow you to rule.3. he is too soft minded to be a good leader. to be a good leader you must learn how to bite. 4. i dont think anything good will ever come out of pdp and i dont equally know if apc is the alternative to pdp.the politicians have succeded in bringing both the muslims and the christians togather for thier selfish interest. in nigeria today, christians hate the muslims, the muslims also hate the christians. but the question am asking is that, did the muslims and christians politicians hate themselves? the answer is no. they know what they are after.when they get it, the masses can kill thenselves. look at the responses of hate in naira land againdt the northn on the current challenges we are facing in nigeria today. am from yobe state and i can tell you that anybody from yobe and borno today must have lost more than two dear ones to either boko haram or the military. as am talking to you know my brother was shot in the hand while their school was atacked by boko haram. the person that started this problem for us is now in the rulling party wining and dining with the power that be while we are here insulting ourselves. may god safe us from the politicians.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by thwarrior72: 2:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
sultan85: my brother, most of the problems we have in nigeria will go when we start looking for quality people instead of this ethnicity, religion etc. you see am a northerner born in the east and also lived in the west too for many years. i voted for the present president becouse he had some of the qualities i had of who should be my president. but i was proved wrong. but then, i came with another reason why even a good person can equally be a bad leader.1. you may be good but the people arround you may influence you.2. the cabals will never allow you to rule.3. he is too soft minded to be a good leader. to be a good leader you must learn how to bite. 4. i dont think anything good will ever come out of pdp and i dont equally know if apc is the alternative to pdp.the politicians have succeded in bringing both the muslims and the christians togather for thier selfish interest. in nigeria today, christians hate the muslims, the muslims also hate the christians. but the question am asking is that, did the muslims and christians politicians hate themselves? the answer is no. they know what they are after.when they get it, the masses can kill thenselves. look at the responses of hate in naira land againdt the northn on the current challenges we are facing in nigeria today. am from yobe state and i can tell you that anybody from yobe and borno today must have lost more than two dear ones to either boko haram or the military. as am talking to you know my brother was shot in the hand while their school was atacked by boko haram. the person that started this problem for us is now in the rulling party wining and dining with the power that be while we are here insulting ourselves. may god safe us from the politicians.
Sorry for ur lost. But we as a Nigerian has always been devided along ethnic & religious lines, it did not start today & I'm not seen it ending in foreseeable future.

Our politicians are crafty & simply catching in on the gullibity of the masses with ethno-religious statement, whch the ignorant masses are overly eager to clutch at. Meanwhile they seat, dine share our national cake together, forgetting they tribal & religious differences.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Should Ethnicity And Religion Determine The Outcome Of Elections? by tit(f): 3:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Of course!
Divided we stand!

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race / Femi Fani Kayode Masquerading As Cramjones / Seun Where Is The Justice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.