Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,069 members, 7,863,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race (769 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / BREAKING: GEJ Finally Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Governor Okorocha Declares Interest To Run For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by hilariousdammie(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2014
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has finally said he will contest for the position of the President in 2015 on the ticket of the All Progressives Congress.

He said he would be making the public declaration on Wednesday, September 24.

This was contained in a statement issued by his Media Adviser, Mallam Garba Shenu, in Abuja on Friday morning.

He said, “The Turaki Adamawa will contest for the ticket of the All Progressives Congress, in the 2015 presidential elections.

“The former Vice President will be making the declaration on Wednesday, September 24.”

He said that the campaign will be anchored by someone he described as a veteran of successful presidential contests and a former Minister, Prof. Babalola Borisade.

Borisade, he said, is also a well-known political strategist who worked for the victory of the late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua and thereafter, late Chief M. K. O. Abiola on the platform of the defunct Social Democratic Party.

He said Borisade also worked as the strategist for President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999 and 2003 elections, both of which were won resoundingly.

“This is not about me, it is about our young people. It is about Nigerians. It is their future, not the past. It is about reforming government, securing the people and reconciling the nation,” Atiku was quoted as saying.

He said further that Atiku was of the view that “2015 is special and a potential turning point in Nigeria’s history – that we need to seize the moment, to give every Nigerian a chance to help re-define Nigeria as a place for them and their children to prosper and feel safe.”

He says a change is needed now, and he is ready to lead that change.

Atiku is going to face a former Head of State, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) and the Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwanso, among others, for the APC ticket.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by Orunto: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Atiku is the best candidate for APC. Let's test him first in that Lab. and see his performance before he comes back to PDP for same contest in 2019:

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by alabiyemmy(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Orunto: Atiku is the best candidate for APC. Let's test him first in that Lab. and see his performance before he comes back to PDP for same contest in 2019:

LOL.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by lagdmark(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2014
Atiku....eh lauf won kill me. no be by fire and force!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by deeobserver209(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2014
We are watching, listening and observing patiently.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by Unblockable: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Atiku shouldn't waste his resources because he wouldn't be able to even win primaries!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by hilariousdammie(m): 11:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Am an Apc fans really, But I will never vote for my party if I know the candidate does not worth voting for, this Nigeria not SYRIA EGYPT or LYBIA, I love my country than anywhere else in the world, Am going after the candidate dot the party this time.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by Chuksgeo: 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
make I hear! Next

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Declares Interest In The 2015 Presidential Race by Forzap: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
Mtcheeew undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: You Can Go To Court, Australian Negotiator Tells Sheriff / Jonathan Is Afraid Of Boko Haram, Says David-west / EBOLA HOAX CALL Nollywood Actor Arrested To Be Charded To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.