Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? (14494 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Godmystrength: 4:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Worksunlimited:

Dude! Try get sense.. no be from boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse dey sprout?

abi u wan just meet babe, propose marriage instantly?
Are you saying i don't have sense?

''Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What?'' is different from ''Would You Stand By Your boyfriend/girlfriend, No Matter What?''
Your boyfriend/girlfriend messing up is different from your husband/wife messing up
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by snazzylove: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
@topic. I cannot say for sure now if I will stand by him(I've always prayed to) or not until I find myself in that situation.

I may say one thing now, and when the situation arises, my oga at the top (brain, emotion, etc) will say/do another one. grin
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Edusouls:

look at women asking who would stand by
their spouse no matter
what, women are one
naturally selfish creature,
they dont even konw
exactly what they want, they dump men here and
there at the slightest
trail,many men are down
and devastated by women
that dump them after
going through a lot for them.men borrow money,
borrow clothing, borrow
even food just to see that
it works out, uncountable
cases of men going
through the very hectic and difficult task of
training a girl all the way
from year 1 to final year
in the university, at the
end after bringing the rif
raf from their very hell and wretched homes, she
now open eye and
becomes more intelligent
than you and goes wild,
before you know it she
dumps you for another fellow rif raf man, women
stupidly jump out of a
relationship that has been
painfully built and nurtured
for years, that have a
future and go to their doom,women are very
senseless creatures any
calculation they do is
wrong, women instantly
loose their respect ans
love for their husband just because things are not so
smooth as it was
before,women are super
greedy that they date
their fathers and sleep
with them painting her future black, she just
want bb, or money, or i
pad. nowadays how many
women date one man,
nooo tht one is for girls
wey never open eye, a normal nigerian girl
carelessly date anything
datable, once money or
goodies comes out of it,
even if monkeys have
money they will date, women are so dishonest
that they even lie to
themselves talkless of
another person, women
hate the truth, women
are natural betrayers and they disappoint anyhow at
the least expected time,
their smelling life style can
be seen everywhere by
any person who is not
blind..they tell you they want to marry a good
man, when the
LovePeddler have dated
up to 9 different
individuals plus 2 married
men added with some abortions. and have had
sex with all of them,
during school years.
women are lost creatures,
they shouldn't even talk
because thier case is hopeless and worsens by
the day.......
Hmmm, so much hate. Why?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by snazzylove: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
missberrypop5: Hmmm, so much hate. Why?

Don't mind him.

One high heel sisi don show am pepper after trying to prove mr Macho to her. He come NL come dey pour venom.
Abeg channel your energy to somthing more beneficial.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Guidette(f): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
crackhaus:
Yea right..you're not scary enough, try harder grin
What's ur problem?
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by crackhaus: 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
Guidette:
What's ur problem?
You tell me.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Edusouls: look at women asking who would stand by their spouse no matter what, women are one naturally selfish creature, they dont even konw exactly what they want, they dump men here and there at the slightest trail,many men are down and devastated by women that dump them after going through a lot for them.men borrow money, borrow clothing, borrow even food just to see that it works out, uncountable cases of men going through the very hectic and difficult task of training a girl all the way from year 1 to final year in the university, at the end after bringing the rif raf from their very hell and wretched homes, she now open eye and becomes more intelligent than you and goes wild, before you know it she dumps you for another fellow rif raf man, women stupidly jump out of a relationship that has been painfully built and nurtured for years, that have a future and go to their doom,women are very senseless creatures any calculation they do is wrong, women instantly loose their respect ans love for their husband just because things are not so smooth as it was before,women are super greedy that they date their fathers and sleep with them painting her future black, she just want bb, or money, or i pad. nowadays how many women date one man, nooo tht one is for girls wey never open eye, a normal nigerian girl carelessly date anything datable, once money or goodies comes out of it, even if monkeys have money they will date, women are so dishonest that they even lie to themselves talkless of another person, women hate the truth, women are natural betrayers and they disappoint anyhow at the least expected time, their smelling life style can be seen everywhere by any person who is not blind..they tell you they want to marry a good man, when the LovePeddler have dated up to 9 different individuals plus 2 married men added with some abortions. and have had sex with all of them, during school years. women are lost creatures, they shouldn't even talk because thier case is hopeless and worsens by the day.......

The original question wasn't gender-specific but some women CAN be just as scandalous as some men.

However,

BOTH genders...

...possess different levels of tolerance when it comes to marital issues -- what one spouse will tolerate in a marriage -- another won't;

...are capable of being "naturally selfish creatures' who are ambivalent about what they expect from the opposite gender;

...are capable of dumping each other over the slightest transgressions or travails;

...are capable of becoming 'down and devastated' when spouses dump them after going through a lot for them;

...may find it necessary to swallow their pride when they have to borrow money, borrow clothing, borrow even food when times get hard, but husbands seem to be more stigmatized than wives, when this occurs, because husbands are considered head of household and are expected to provide for the families independently, by working or 'hustling', not go about begging or borrowing from other people;

...have members who can sing the 'How I Got Used Blues', regarding this scenario. Are you not aware of the countless women who have pulled men up from their bootstraps, provided them with a place to live, food in their stomachs, clothes on their back and perks of all sorts? These are the women who urged their husbands to just face their studies and not worry about working; they took on a second job or asked for extra hours, took out school loans to pay for tuition and books, so they could pay for their husbands' schooling, sometimes up to Phd level and even typed up their papers; once the Mr. Toads of the world obtained their degree/s, they dumped these women, afterwards, for another woman -- sometimes a woman who was not even up to their wives' level; any kids that came from the union were sometimes considered "complications" and left behind, forcing the women to file for child support; these women, generally came out stronger and wiser from their experiences and moved on with their lives; and that incest reference was just sick and nasty;

...are capable of prostituting themselves to get what they feel they're entitled to, whether to survive or just to show-off, will rationalize that what they're doing is not immoral, will betray and deceive whomever they please to reach their goals, hate hearing the bitter truth about themselves and will disgrace themselves in all kinds of ways to get bling and money;

...are just as capable of being promiscuous, pretend they are 'good', when it comes time to settle down and, then spend countless hours wondering if and when their past will catch up to them;

...are capable of changing their wayward, immoral ways and becoming individuals that can take pride in themselves and end up becoming wonderful spouses and doting parents.

Another thing, emotional baggage is not good for anyone's emotional health and will block the good people and the blessings that may come your way.

No sane person wants to hook up with one of the 'Walking Wounded'.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Fuschiapink(f): 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
I would have loved to stand by him....but my legs used to pain me if I stOod 4 a long time.....I wld rada go and sit and wait till tinz get better 4 him........MEN ARE NOT WORTH IT!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
DukeNija:

You can't know a person completely.

I disagree. Hand 'em a pen, and watch in amazement as anyone who said that puts together a list of things they'd overlooked (done that). A person cannot completely and continuously hide who they are from you, rather it is you who chooses to be so blind.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
@walcolm...

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he cheated.

(Did you read my earlier response? My spouse and I are in agreement: Cheating is not tolerated. It's a deal breaker, a serious breach of trust that will lead to divorce.)

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he abuses me.

(Abuse is not tolerated from either of us. It's a deal breaker, a serious breach of trust that will lead to a quick divorce.)

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he was no longer a good father.

(If at any time, my husband turns into a Mr. Hyde, beats our children like Hebrew slaves, molests them, curses them out on the regular, refuses to spend time with them, refuses to take interest in or assists in their upbringing, expects me to feed and clothe them alone, it's a deal breaker and will lead to a quicker divorce. Note: If I had wanted to be a single mother, I would have become a single mother.)

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he refused to work.

(A refusal to work is different from being unable to find work which is understandable. However, some men, seeing the kind of income their wives bring in will find all kinds of excuses to not work, even when their are jobs a-plenty and all kinds of legal hustles. Over here, some shameless Naija men, especially those married to nurses, are beginning to copy the lazy, shiftless behavior of some American men and have started to call themselves "house husbands". Yet, the wives still come home, after a 10-12 hour shift and work a second 8-10 hour shift, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, looking after the kids, helping with homework, and then have to summon up the strength to struggle through a round of bedmatics. That's not the definition of a house husband and, it gets old -- real quick.)

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he was convicted of a crime.

(I'm not married to my parents or siblings, so this question not applicable.)

I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse, if he stole from me.

(If my husband went into my purse and stole money or got ahold to my bank card and took money out of the bank, without my knowledge, that's stealing from me and, that money is for his OWN personal use -- and not for family use. If not, then why not just ask me for some money? And that goes for opening up credit cards in my name or acquiring loans in my name, without my knowledge, which some unlucky women have experienced, at the hands of their husbands, leaving them in some serious debt. In my household, there are 3 primary bank accounts: HIS, MINE, HOUSE -- keeps down arguments and misunderstandings.)

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by smokescreen4: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin[quote author=Fuschiapink]I would have loved to stand by him....but my legs used to pain me if I stOod 4 a long time.....I wld rada go and sit and wait till tinz get better 4 him........MEN ARE NOT WORTH IT!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nwanneluv(f): 7:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
I would stand by him in all things even if he is a womanizer. I would only back out if I discover that he is a schemer and that he obtains money from people all in the name of business
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Worksunlimited: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Godmystrength: Are you saying i don't have sense?

''Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What?'' is different from ''Would You Stand By Your boyfriend/girlfriend, No Matter What?''
Your boyfriend/girlfriend messing up is different from your husband/wife messing up

Na wa o... Mbok! i see u dont understand d point of what i stated earlier, hence your profane primitive thesis and sub-thesis..

Let me give u a clue/a set of clues unlocking what i said earlier..

"A baby boy doesnt turn into a man overnyt.. buh the parents know with all certainty that eventually the baby boy would be a man sumday"..

"The grown man likes his soup prepared a certain kind of way by his childhood friend-cum girlfriend-turned wife, he also indulges in secret habits he would not share with any living soul becos of its profanity, since "old habit are hard to kill".. So he lives with dem like the oxygen in the air he breathes"

I know you are a smart man.. you would figure it out, once you ruminate deeply.. (N.B. - No pun intended)
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Godmystrength: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Worksunlimited: Na wa o... Mbok! i see u dont understand d point of what i stated earlier, hence your profane primitive thesis and sub-thesis..
Let me give u a clue/a set of clues unlocking what i said earlier..
"A baby boy doesnt turn into a man overnyt.. buh the parents know with all certainty that eventually the baby boy would be a man sumday"..
"The grown man likes his soup prepared a certain kind of way by his childhood friend-cum girlfriend-turned wife, he also indulges in secret habits he would not share with any living soul becos of its profanity, since "old habit are hard to kill".. So he lives with dem like the oxygen in the air he breathes"
I am not a smart man. I know you are a smart man.. you would figure it out, once you ruminate deeply.. (N.B. - No pun intended)
this was your initial post
Worksunlimited: Stop lying there... if your boyfriend mess up once.. your scream and cry go pass nigerian borders.. come ere dey lie, u think say we no know ur boyfriend..

Women lying since the days of adam and eve.. undecided

There is God o...
I don't need/have to ruminate on this [size=5pt](no need calling my attention to your PUN that was not intended)[/size]....I am just trying to tell you that the COMMITMENT LEVEL for boyfriend/girlfriend is different from that of HUSBAND/WIFE. What your bf/gf will do that you won't even think twice before dumping him/her, if your husband/wife does same thing, you would sit down, think over it properly, weigh your options before taking a decision.

Thank you.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by meyri: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
As long as he doesn't do anything that is detrimental to my life, health, my family or goes against my morals or beliefs then I have no problems standing by him.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by kelkline: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
Why do u use the word HE 4 the first Place ;DWhy do u use the word HE 4 the first Place
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
lofty900: even if she cheated, I'll still stick with her cos I know that if I cheat, she'll also stick with me

shocked shocked shocked like seriously shocked shocked
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nwanneluv: I would stand by him in all things even if he is a womanizer. I would only back out if I discover that he is a schemer and that he obtains money from people all in the name of business

you would stick with a womanizer? Do you not deserve better?

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
Godmystrength: Only one question that the OP asked and see your answer. It is a pity. As if men don't do also do to women all what you accuse them of in your post. Na wa for you o. A woman show a man pepper and he will now be transferring the bitterness to every woman forgetting he also has women in his life apart from gf/wife.

[size=5pt]e no go samba for the woman/girl wey do you like this[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Rejoice5000(f): 12:30am On Aug 30, 2014
I can but not with this Ebola virus because the two will not die at the same time.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2014
i suppose if its true love, i would help him and he would be in my heart but i wouldn't sacrifice my life for his abuse, crimes etc. there are more important things in life than sit with pink sunglasses and think omg he so perfect even though he's evil. in every situation person need to look into reality and what is the best solution. in the end of the day, your children see how he is beating u, so unless u want them to inherit family violence-u have to stop it. because the world is not spinning only around u
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by shizzle11(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2014
jennylove7575: I dey crase? If my spouse go thief Na only him go take him head carry am...have u ever heard that when a man or woman dies their spouse dies with them? Abeg leave all this titanic love stories. Immediately weh that thing or sparkes that made me hook up with my spouse in the first place disappears..I will kiss the relationship good bye...I don't do "a die put for inside" relationships.. I no send. cheesy
mind giving examples of those sparks?
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by shizzle11(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2014
snazzylove: @topic. I cannot say for sure now if I will stand by him(I've always prayed to) or not until I find myself in that situation.

I may say one thing now, and when the situation arises, my oga at the top (brain, emotion, etc) will say/do another one. grin
Very very sensible comment. Most females here are just blabbing as if they have absolute control over their emotions, most of them will eat their words when they are hard hit by reality......easier said than done, na today?
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by jennylove7575(f): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2014
shizzle11: mind giving examples of those sparks?
ha ha ha.. grin grin.Abeg free my waist. I can't answer no waec questions now
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by shizzle11(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2014
jennylove7575: ha ha ha.. grin grin. Abeg free my waist. I can't answer no waec questions now
how do yo know i would love to grab that waist? grin
lol @waec question, anyway just wanted to point out you weren't real with your earlier comment
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by marriedvirgin: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
zboyd: If it's true love, will you stick by your spouse, no matter what happens, or what they do?

Under what circumstances would you not?

...became abusive
...cheated
...was no longer a good father
...refused to work
...was convicted of a crime
...stole from me...among other things

my honest answer is no
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Worksunlimited: 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmystrength:
this was your initial post
I don't need/have to ruminate on this [size=5pt](no need calling my attention to your PUN that was not intended)[/size]....I am just trying to tell you that the COMMITMENT LEVEL for boyfriend/girlfriend is different from that of HUSBAND/WIFE. What your bf/gf will do that you won't even think twice before dumping him/her, if your husband/wife does same thing, you would sit down, think over it properly, weigh your options before taking a decision.

Thank you.

Apparently, you still dont understand my point.. Never mind then!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Godmystrength: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
Worksunlimited:

Apparently, you still dont understand my point.. Never mind then!
plus you have to be civil in communicating your points for understanding....
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nwanneluv(f): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
iwakolewa:

you would stick with a womanizer? Do you not deserve better?
I deserve much better but I cannot just abandon my husband because he is a womanizer, rather I will try to win him back. I can only leave him if he is a 419 and refuse to change
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nwanneluv:

I deserve much better but I cannot just abandon my husband because he is a womanizer, rather I will try to win him back. I can only leave him if he is a 419 and refuse to change

As a result of your husband's womanizing, would you stay or go, if he gives you a STD like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes or HIV?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can You Do With 5k Within 28days? / Photos Of Mother's Day Laughter & Joy / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.