Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? (14477 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by olami100(m): 9:54am On Aug 29, 2014
I will stay wif her for better for worse! But if I caught her in any uncompromising state with any man, I won't divorce her I knw I will feel bad and hurt, but I won't divorce her for the sake of my children because I wouldn't want my children to be a product of a broken home! I guess u all knw the bad effect of broken home on children! for the love of my children I will ultimately forgive their mother!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by DukeNija(m): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: That list was composed in Mordor - right in the ass_crack of hell, and almost directly below its armpit. All love is effectively conditional. I suppose one could love unconditionally and foolishly. I'm not sure I'm "one".

All I can say is, know who you're marrying.

You can't know a person completely.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by andyanders: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2014
So when she starts sleeping around, will you keep standing by her side no matter what? Yes, I can stand by her only if she is a faithful woman and I thank God that I have a wonderful woman and I have vowed to stand by her no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by DukeNija(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2014
zboyd:

Would you stay if your woman 'slips' up just once?

Either answer wouldn't surprise me though.

So you'll divorce your husband at 43 if he cheats once? Lol. Very rational
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by cococandy(f): 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
That's not the answer bro.
Let me help repeat her question.

'Would you divorce a wife at 43 if she cheats on you once?

DukeNija:

So you'll divorce your husband at 43 if he cheats once? Lol. Very rational

2 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by justinbravo: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2014
True Life Story
Recently a man paid his fiancee bride price
according to law and custom, everything
seemed rosy but before the church wedding,
the church demands for medical exam like
HIV, Pregnancy test and so on and so forth.
AFTER the test it was discovered on the
wedding day that the girl was pregnant, so
everyone was like this guy na SHARP GUY
but na that time my brother shout say HE
NEVER DO THE THING BEFORE AND HE WAS
WAITING TILL AFTER MARRIAGE. Na there
AGBADA HOOK WIRE,
Church cancel wedding
Girl elope
My brother grown up man cry like small
pickin
people go house
If na you WETIN YOU GO DO
till now we just dey observe

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by DukeNija(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2014
cococandy: That's not the answer bro.
Let me help repeat her question.

'Would you divorce a wife at 43 if she cheats on you once?

You'd be surprised at my answer!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Edusouls(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2014
look at women asking who would stand by their spouse no matter what, women are one naturally selfish creature, they dont even konw exactly what they want, they dump men here and there at the slightest trail,many men are down and devastated by women that dump them after going through a lot for them.men borrow money, borrow clothing, borrow even food just to see that it works out, uncountable cases of men going through the very hectic and difficult task of training a girl all the way from year 1 to final year in the university, at the end after bringing the rif raf from their very hell and wretched homes, she now open eye and becomes more intelligent than you and goes wild, before you know it she dumps you for another fellow rif raf man, women stupidly jump out of a relationship that has been painfully built and nurtured for years, that have a future and go to their doom,women are very senseless creatures any calculation they do is wrong, women instantly loose their respect ans love for their husband just because things are not so smooth as it was before,women are super greedy that they date their fathers and sleep with them painting her future black, she just want bb, or money, or i pad. nowadays how many women date one man, nooo tht one is for girls wey never open eye, a normal nigerian girl carelessly date anything datable, once money or goodies comes out of it, even if monkeys have money they will date, women are so dishonest that they even lie to themselves talkless of another person, women hate the truth, women are natural betrayers and they disappoint anyhow at the least expected time, their smelling life style can be seen everywhere by any person who is not blind..they tell you they want to marry a good man, when the LovePeddler have dated up to 9 different individuals plus 2 married men added with some abortions. and have had sex with all of them, during school years. women are lost creatures, they shouldn't even talk because thier case is hopeless and worsens by the day.......

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 29, 2014
zboyd:

What if she gave you a STD, especially an incurable one like genital herpes or HIV?

Would you stay?

Would you expect her to stay with you, if you afflicted her in the same way?

And it's a definitely possibility, too.
she has no choice but to stay.one good turn deserves anoda
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by livingstoneony(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2014
lofty900: even if she cheated, I'll still stick with her cos I know that if I cheat, she'll also stick with me
get away free card of life...
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by walcolm(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2014
zboyd: If it's true love, will you stick by your spouse, no matter what happens, or what they do?

Under what circumstances would you not?

...became abusive
...cheated
make sure you're ready for the same judgement if the tide was turned

...was no longer a good father
how do u define someone not being a good father?

...refused to work
nobody refuses to work...what if he's unable to get a good job that pays enough for him to fulfill his role? does that mean you'll leave him? that would make you a fair weather friend

...was convicted of a crime
Would you disown your parents or siblings if they were convicted of a crime?

...stole from me...among other things
There's nothing you have that's supposed to be 'your own' everything you have is supposed to belong to your family. if you're making demarcations on whats your own and what's his own then you're not ready to build a family
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by EfemenaXY: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Bertbert: What if he or she gets EBOLA? Just asking oooo grin

Na wa o!

Oh well, the fear of Ebola is the beginning of wisdom... cheesy
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by marvie234: 10:56am On Aug 29, 2014
I can stand by him through anything EXCEPT cheating. I can't stand dat at all!

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by cococandy(f): 11:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Try me smiley
DukeNija:

You'd be surprised at my answer!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by ifekemmy(f): 11:32am On Aug 29, 2014
If it's true love, will you stick by your spouse, no matter what happens, or what they do?

Under what circumstances would you not?

...became abusive
...cheated
...refused to work

I will stood by him no matter wat may God bless me,amen. I wil
always dis for better for worst NOT for beta for stay n for worst for go! All we need is to hold our marriage with prayer, may devil not take over our spouse lives
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by ifekemmy(f): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2014
@op answer 1st nah undecided

She has answered, dis is her answer:
I would not stand by OR stay with my spouse if he...

...became abusive
...cheated
...refused to work
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by JEITO: 11:54am On Aug 29, 2014
For me, it is till death do us part. Amen cool
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by donbenie(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2014
A lot of people here are not married,a lot have never been in a serious relationship before..you think say na to dey shout marriage na for better for worse,many people have ended up dead with that same mentality..You have one life to live,if your partner is abusive,physical or emotionally or you're otherwise seriously incompatible,guy take a walk..

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2014
when he becomes physically or emotionally abusive.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Ninapha(f): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
DukeNija: All these women shouting infidelity. Lol
So your man 'slips' just once and next thing you are running off! lmao yea right?!!

easier said than done dear. Then u married the next and he did same, off u go and then again, nna mehn, before u know o'girl don marry 10 men.

We dont pray for bad things to happen to us but there shd be room for second chance. So that we wont end off 'badder than our bad.

-For me, sleeping with our child or abusing a girl sexually. -Kai. Oso ge me ugbua.
-Outright stealn. robbery or occultic practise- Onye elela anya n'azu mehn
-Puching masters. Run run run away

1 Like

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Mintayo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Actually I have not seen a genuine reason why husbands and wives should seperate. Nothing whatsoever should seperate or be allowed yo seperate a man and a woman,except its a life threatening situation which is actually rare!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
passionate88: @bolded, but you expect him to stand by his woman when she steals his money right?.

What is wrong with you?

Of course not!

Why would spouses want to steal from each other, in the first place?

That's wickedness!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Godmystrength: 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
hmmmm. I am still thinking about the question.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by zboyd: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tallesty1: So love isn't unconditional after all?

Not for me.

I can't speak for other folks, though.

I will love my husband, 'under the condition' that he continues to love me and show that love.

If he doesn't, then why should I become a 'Marriage Martyr' -- wasting good years of my life on an unworthy partner?

And what am I teaching my children?

If I stay, I will be teaching my daughters: this is how men are supposed to treat women. And she'll learn from her Daddy to expect this type of treatment from men.

If I stay, I will be teaching my son: this is how men are supposed to treat women. And he'll learn from his Daddy that it is okay to inflict this type of treatment on women.

Result: All have a 50/50 chance of finding themselves in relationships or marriages that reflect the toxic marriage of Mom and Dad, because that is their primary frame of reference -- their model of marriage.

Some parents seem to forget that children pay more attention to what parents DO than what they SAY.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by LyfeJennings(m): 1:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
To an extent
YES
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by kathryn24(f): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
yes and yes
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=Miner13]

just like you are a saint on this han angry angry angry[/quote

miner13 u dont xpect me to hit my husband or keep affairs. its so uncalled for
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Worksunlimited: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
wasobia: Omo, i would stick to her any day. No matter what happens! I have learnt a few things in my 16years of marriage and i know that a woman could be very helpful, supportive, understanding and great if the husband shows some Leadership.

1. If a man is in charge of the home, the wife will not err.
2. There is tendency for anyone to slips, after all we are all human. Invariably we need one another's support to avoid being slip.
3. Even if at all it happens, a man should take responsibility to show (a) Leadership (b) Forgiveness (c) Patience.
What is the probability to find another saint out there in the jungle?

RESPONSE
1) Adam was in charge of every thing: including eve, in the garden of eden, buh yet eve cheated (no be every cheat dey involve akpako) on him by listening to the badt guy serpent..
2) Adam needed eve, eve needed Adam, buh yet there was no comfort when they were thrown out of the garden, to toil the earth for their daily cau.
3) Adam took responsibility for his gullibility and eves prejudice, and look where it got him?

My point - Your premise is questionable and full of holes like a basket
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by abbey621(m): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Love is one of the most overrated word in the modern society, it's nothing but an illusion. Relationships are all about ups and downs and when you decide to get married it takes more than love to make it work. In a marriage some things are just not forgivable immediately such as infidelity or betrayal, things like these requires counseling and lots of remorse. Let's make one thing clear, men and women might have been created equally but society clearly sets them apart. Some things a man can do and get away with, if a woman should try it she would be ridiculed and judged. To booster that point, a man is allowed to marry as many times as he sees fit but if a woman tries such a thing she is looked upon as irresponsible. I see a lot of women here shouting that if the man cheats then she would leave, such women more often than not end up being alone and misrable, cos they'll fall in love with another man who would do the same. There's no simple answer to the OP's question, it all depends on the situation, for a guy it's usually an easy decision, for the woman it might be more difficult to leave......
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
olami100: I will stay wif her for better for worse! But if I caught her in any uncompromising state with any man, I won't divorce her I knw I will feel bad and hurt, but I won't divorce her for the sake of my children because I wouldn't want my children to be a product of a broken home! I guess u all knw the bad effect of broken home on children! for the love of my children I will ultimately forgive their mother!!!!!!!!!!

A home can be broken without divorce.
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Worksunlimited: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Edusouls: look at women asking who would stand by their spouse no matter what, women are one naturally selfish creature, they dont even konw exactly what they want, they dump men here and there at the slightest trail,many men are down and devastated by women that dump them after going through a lot for them.men borrow money, borrow clothing, borrow even food just to see that it works out, uncountable cases of men going through the very hectic and difficult task of training a girl all the way from year 1 to final year in the university, at the end after bringing the rif raf from their very hell and wretched homes, she now open eye and becomes more intelligent than you and goes wild, before you know it she dumps you for another fellow rif raf man, women stupidly jump out of a relationship that has been painfully built and nurtured for years, that have a future and go to their doom,women are very senseless creatures any calculation they do is wrong, women instantly loose their respect ans love for their husband just because things are not so smooth as it was before,women are super greedy that they date their fathers and sleep with them painting her future black, she just want bb, or money, or i pad. nowadays how many women date one man, nooo tht one is for girls wey never open eye, a normal nigerian girl carelessly date anything datable, once money or goodies comes out of it, even if monkeys have money they will date, women are so dishonest that they even lie to themselves talkless of another person, women hate the truth, women are natural betrayers and they disappoint anyhow at the least expected time, their smelling life style can be seen everywhere by any person who is not blind..they tell you they want to marry a good man, when the LovePeddler have dated up to 9 different individuals plus 2 married men added with some abortions. and have had sex with all of them, during school years. women are lost creatures, they shouldn't even talk because thier case is hopeless and worsens by the day.......

The bolded made me laff because its true (though u forgot men can starve for days so that the women fit chop - the annoying part be say, d women go cum open their bacteria infested mouth, tell the man say; "Please dear, can i have some more?" angry)

How man no go dey beat woman at times, na im investments im wan collect back.. investments wey no 1 yield dividends/interests/returns (Abeg o, na joke i dey joke o)
Re: Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? by Mimienudles(f): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
. . .as long as love is involved. Love conquers all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yes! It Is True That Husband And Wife Look Alike After Many Years Together / Pictures From The Wake-Keeping Of Victims Of The NYC Car Crash / Photos Of Mother's Day Laughter & Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.