Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Are Atheists Reviled? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Atheists Reviled? (1452 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Why Are Atheists/agnostics Viewed So Vilely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Atheists Reviled? by macof(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
finofaya:

Okay. Everything is conscious this very minute.

I'm not sure if you meant that both my phone as a whole is conscious, and that the atoms that make it up are also individually conscious.

I think you are conscious the same way I am, though we may not share the same identity. Our senses are mostly the same, and we both are self aware. We can think and read and write and all that.

You say the phone (or it's atoms?) are conscious on a different level. What are the features of consciousness at this level, and how are you able to identify such consciousness?

let's put it this way...what do you understand by the concept of consciousness?
If you consider your definition to relate to all things, then we on the same page, if not too bad
Re: Why Are Atheists Reviled? by finofaya: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
macof:

let's put it this way...what do you understand by the concept of consciousness?
If you consider your definition to relate to all things, then we on the same page, if not too bad

I was hoping we can get on the same page.

My definition of consciousness is limited to living things.

How can a non living thing be conscious? What is it doing with consciousness?
Re: Why Are Atheists Reviled? by macof(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
finofaya:

I was hoping we can get on the same page.

My definition of consciousness is limited to living things.

How can a non living thing be conscious? What is it doing with consciousness?

Ok since we share different understanding of consciousness you can never understand my definition of God

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Christians Say "Don't Judge"!!!!!!! / Do You Believe In Ghost And Dead Spirit Appearing To People? / Why The Americans Bombed The Synagogue!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.