Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) (1126 Views)

Wike Shows Rivers Leaders The ''looted'' Government House Facilities (photos) / I Want The Videos Of The World Leaders @ The Ceremony / PDP Vows To Deal With New PDP Leaders •the Battle Has Just Started, Baraje Tells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by uken73(m): 12:15am On Aug 29, 2014
I came across this pics on Facebook where people were expected to spot the difference & many were comparing, analyzing, criticizing and/or supporting. Where would you stand? Is there any difference? Would you support or criticize any?

Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by uken73(m): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2014
I personally think they shouldn't be compared.
Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by oduastates: 12:46am On Aug 29, 2014
Not just the military chiefs .Most Nigerians are egocentric dunderheads who need compensatory superiority complex in order to compensate for their apparent inferiority .
The picture show two presidents who are comfortable in their own skin.They know that being put in a position of authority ,enburdens them with the responsibility to project morality to their nation, people and surbordinates.
One of those responsibilities is to be humble.
HUMILITY.
I know Fashola and Aregbesola do not use sirens,but many inconsequential nobodies (government officials ) do.............
From the picture ,you would think Obama and Cameron were the generals and the generals ,the train station conductors.

1 Like

Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by ogunwalea(m): 1:03am On Aug 29, 2014
U sha wan shame Nigeria sha. Anyways, still proud of my country.

1 Like

Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by lilprinze: 1:30am On Aug 29, 2014
The Leaders in the US and UK are humble but our leaders in Nigeria or African are very proud and egocentric. if the most powerful men in the world can be this humble I wonder why our leaders won't learn such things from them instead they would be disturbing us with sirens up and down.
Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by ebucha: 8:09am On Aug 29, 2014
This comparism is wrong. It should have being civil-civil comparism not civil-military comparism. Its like comparing matching parade(drill) to political rally. In the army u don't do what ever u like, u follow the rule. There is an inscreption at the drill sheld of the Nigerian Defence Academy that says "Here We Make You Do it Even Against Your Wish". We never appreciate our own.
Re: US & UK Leaders VS Nigerian Millitary Leaders (the Controversy) by uken73(m): 10:54am On Aug 29, 2014
ogunwalea: U sha wan shame Nigeria sha. Anyways, still proud of my country.
You are wrong man. I brought this up for discuss and in my comment, I clearly stated that
uken: I personally think they shouldn't be compared.
I'm of the opinion that if a comparison should be made, it should be Presidents vs Presidents or Military Leaders vs Military Leaders. The Military has a special kind of discipline and respect for superiors that is not found elsewhere. I believe what the respect the Nigerian military leaders enjoy which results in junior officers helping them with the umbrella is what any other military leader in other countries (America/UK inclusive) would enjoy. Besides, the military leaders who are being helped today, must have done same or similar thing for some other superior in the past. So the comparison does not make sense. But others are entitled to their opinion. So far, I'm also seeing similar comments as I saw on Facebook. Different people, different opinions.

Even though I wish Nigeria could be better, I've not lost hope and I still believe in my country.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-chairman Of NURTW Shot Dead / APC Prefers Ebola Disease To Continue, Says PDP / Why The Girls Kidnapped By Boko Haram Still Aren’t Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.