Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics (2196 Views)

Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Quotes For Atheists And Agnostics / Has Anyone Noticed The Increase In Numbers Of Pagans And Agnostics/deists Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by macof(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
pesty100: but moses saw something(I think glory) when he went to the mountian to collect commandment from God, and he is even said to have been the only man to see God

this example u gave is small.

I remember my days as a Christian, I first came across this passage...Numbers 12:4-10 it is actually one of the reasons I call much of the Bible crap.
"and the lord spoke suddenly to Moses, Aaron and Miriam.. and the lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle and called Aaron And Miriam and they both came forth, and he said Hear my words:...with Moses will I speak mouth to mouth...and the anger of the lord was kindled against them and he departed, the cloud departed off the tabernacle..."

does this describe a Man or an invisible spirit? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by alexleo(m): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
To my good friends KAY17 and Mazaje, I am not arguing whether God/the creator exist or not. Its not up for argument for me because I am very sure he exists. What i usually do is to know people's views about him (I mean for those who believe in him).

But sometimes i like the way you people structure your comments too. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Weah96:

There is ZERO chance of a Muslim entering heaven, but by the salvation afforded through Jesus Christ. Your prayers are for them to renounce their creator and embrace the concept of yours. Otherwise, you're asking Jesus to declare himself a liar.

oga, here you got it all wrong again..........from Jesus statement, He's the way, the truth and the life. meaning if the same muslem should keep to the greatest commandment Matthew 22:37-40 New International Version (NIV)

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

that is the truth.so if any human should keep to this, be it any religion same will make heaven.

RayMcBlue:
I don't believe in predictions. I believe in what can be scientifically proven. I believe in mathematical calculations and equations. And that is basically what a meteorologist does. He doesn't predict, he calculates.
that mean, prophecies are calculated predictions

RayMcBlue:
Since I am all-knowing I know exactly what the humans are doing and I understand exactly why they commit each sin. Since I created the humans in my own image and personally programmed human nature into their brains, I am the direct author of all of this sin. The instant I created them I knew exactly what would happen with every single human being right down to the nanosecond level for all eternity. If I didn't like how it was going to turn out, I could have simply changed them when I created them. And since I am perfect, I know exactly what I am doing. But ignore all that. I hate all these people doing exactly what I perfectly designed them to do and knew they would do from the moment I created them...It makes no sense, does it?

Yes, God knows all, he's the creator, the programmer.......he knew the heart of men that's why he said in Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
.............imagine it to a person God that builds a robot Humans to perform in a particular way, now he also builds in a default button for a reset mode master plan cos he knows that some day, it'll do otherwise based on some effect on virus sin though created by him but was used by someone else devil who don't like the work robot he built.

finally if anything goes wrong with the robot, man he'll definitely put it on reset mode Jesus Christ.....peace.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by pesty100(m): 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
macof:

this example u gave is small.

I remember my days as a Christian, I first came across this passage...Numbers 12:4-10 it is actually one of the reasons I call much of the Bible crap.
"and the lord spoke suddenly to Moses, Aaron and Miriam.. and the lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle and called Aaron And Miriam and they both came forth, and he said Hear my words:...with Moses will I speak mouth to mouth...and the anger of the lord was kindled against them and he departed, the cloud departed off the tabernacle..."

does this describe a Man or an invisible spirit? grin grin
am only trying to correct my friend there when he said God is invisible
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by Weah96: 2:00am On Sep 01, 2014
kingk:

oga, here you got it all wrong again..........from Jesus statement, He's the way, the truth and the life. meaning if the same muslem should keep to the greatest commandment Matthew 22:37-40 New International Version (NIV)

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus was responding to a lawyer and his answer was designed to be as precise and uncontroversial as ever. Verse 37 is referring to Yahweh, the God of the onlooking Pharisees and the lawyer himself. It wasn't referring to Shiva or Zeus.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Weah96:

Jesus was responding to a lawyer and his answer was designed to be as precise and uncontroversial as ever. Verse 37 is referring to Yahweh, the God of the on looking Pharisees and the lawyer himself. It wasn't referring to Shiva or Zeus.

Oga you're twisting this issue ooo. For me, I've tried to tell people that your religion alone won't take you to heaven, rather ones lifestyle, here in verse 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. please bro, is this verse also to the pharisees
As we could see from verse 37- 39 it really emphasised on love so if anyone should have the love in him/her, same will make heaven be it of any religion.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by RayMcBlue(m): 9:10am On Sep 01, 2014
kingk:
that mean, prophecies are calculated predictions

Prophecies can't possibly be "calculated predictions" for 2 reasons:
-Prophecies are borne out of faith
-Faith is the complete trust or confidence in someone or
something that can't be scientifically proven.

kingk:
Yes, God knows all, he's the creator, the programmer.......he knew the heart of men that's why he said in Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
.............imagine it to a person God that builds a robot Humans to perform in a particular way, now he also builds in a default button for a reset mode master plan cos he knows that some day, it'll do otherwise based on some effect on virus sin though created by him but was used by someone else devil who don't like the work robot he built.

finally if anything goes wrong with the robot, man he'll definitely put it on reset mode Jesus Christ.....peace.

Quoting that book of lies at me instead of tackling my arguments in a logical manner only succeeded in showing me the level of ignominious delusions you must be swimming in. Relax, sit back while I appraise you with another cold hard logic.

When you look at different religions, they usually contain "magic." For example:

-The Mormon religion contains the magical golden plates, the magical angel, the magical seer stones, the magical ascension of the plates into heaven, etc.
-The Muslim faith contains the magical angel, the magical flying horse, the magical voices, the magical prophet, etc.
-The Christian faith contains the magical insemination, the magical star, the magical dreams, the magical miracles, the magical resurrection, the magical ascension and so on.

The presence of "magic" is a clear marker for "imaginary." For example, how do we know that Santa is imaginary? Because (among other things) he has eight magical flying reindeer. How do we know that Jack and the Beanstalk is a fairy tale? Because (among other things) the story contains magical seeds. In the same way, how do we know that God is make believe? Because God is surrounded by magic.

According to you and all believers, God is an all-powerful being who has the divine, magical power to do anything. How do we know that this belief is a fairy tale? One way to know is to try to invoke God's magical power. For example, the Bible tells us in many places
that God answers prayers. However, whenever we try to pray, we notice that nothing happens. That tells us that God is completely imaginary. The magical powers ascribed to him are a fairy tale.

Another way to know is to read the stories of magical events in the Bible. There is the magical flood, yet we know with certainty that the flood never happened. There are the magical miracles of Jesus, but (predictably) none of these miracles left behind any tangible evidence.

God is identical to Leprechauns, mermaids and Santa. God is a magical fairy tale creature. The magic surrounding God tells us that God is imaginary.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by Weah96: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
kingk:

Oga you're twisting this issue ooo. For me, I've tried to tell people that your religion alone won't take you to heaven, rather ones lifestyle, here in verse 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. please bro, is this verse also to the pharisees
As we could see from verse 37- 39 it really emphasised on love so if anyone should have the love in him/her, same will make heaven be it of any religion.

Of course, one's choice of religion isn't sufficient. But it is necessary. Otherwise, Jesus instruction to go into the world and make disciples of human beings is complete foolishness. What is the point of that edict if good Muslims can waltz into heaven along with everybody else? There would be no point of making disciples of people.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by Jack65: 2:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Apatheist: Not all atheists accept the Big Bang Theory.
Most are fine with saying "I don't know"
You just took these words put of my mouth. That is exactly my position, I don't know. Some people mistaking thinks that being an atheist means you believe in evolution.

1 Like

Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Weah96:

Of course, one's choice of religion isn't sufficient. But it is necessary. Otherwise, Jesus instruction to go into the world and make disciples of human beings is complete foolishness. What is the point of that edict if good Muslims can waltz into heaven along with everybody else? There would be no point of making disciples of people.

The purpose of sending the deciples is for them to continue the good news of the kingdom, the father(God) and everything concerning his plan for mankind....moreover, prior to jesus massage, there're even good ones but the evil is great..that's why he sent them including me to tell the world even to you that we all should abide in one love.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Prophecies can't possibly be "calculated predictions" for 2 reasons:
-Prophecies are borne out of faith
-Faith is the complete trust or confidence in someone or
something that can't be scientifically proven.

Quoting that book of lies at me instead of tackling my arguments in a logical manner only succeeded in showing me the level of ignominious delusions you must be swimming in.
Your statement got me laughing....if prophecies is not a calculated predictions in spiritual realm, why dose it fulfil
Secondly, why can't science prove to me how I dream and things happening in the spiritual worlds when I dream
When has the bible become the book of lie.......well, now I understand, the things of the spirit can not or will never be understood by the physical.

Big bro adsonstone, I salut you here.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by Weah96: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
kingk:

The purpose of sending the deciples is for them to continue the good news of the kingdom, the father(God) and everything concerning his plan for mankind....moreover, prior to jesus massage, there're even good ones but the evil is great..that's why he sent them including me to tell the world even to you that we all should abide in one love.

You're the one doing the twisting here. The first commandment is to love God first.

Allah demands that nonbelievers convert to Islam. A good Muslim is one who follows the Qur'an. Do you now understand the implication of this your doctrine of universal inclusion? There is no salvation outside of Christ, not according to the new testament.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by adsonstone: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
Atheists...spending all their time talking about what doesn't exist.

If He (God) 'doesn't exist,' and you know he doesn't, so why 'kill yourselves' over it at all times.

Thanks for the mention Sir-- Kingk.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Weah96:

You're the one doing the twisting here. The first commandment is to love God first.

Allah demands that nonbelievers convert to Islam. A good Muslim is one who follows the Qur'an. Do you now understand the implication of this your doctrine of universal inclusion? There is no salvation outside of Christ, not according to the new testament.
Here you go again....who's christ?....and who did he say he's

Tell me who he's and I can confidently tell you that there's no salvation outside him.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by kingk(m): 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
adsonstone: Atheists...spending all their time talking about what doesn't exist.

If He (God) 'doesn't exist,' and you know he doesn't, so why 'kill yourselves' over it at all times.

Thanks for the mention Sir-- Kingk.

I salut you sir!......your presence here is highly appreciated.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by adsonstone: 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
pesty100: The purpose of this thread isn't to ask for the source but the source of the source itself

That would be infinite, impossible to determine.

If the source has a source, and the other source has another source and another and another.....till infinity, then the source will never stop hence it would be a complete waste of time and effort trying to find the first source/cause.

It is like trying to add up all positive numbers from one to infinity and expecting to get an answer, a definite one.

Till date, science has not provided us with the source of the cause of the big bang. It just assumed those things were and told us how they probably happened to form the universe.
Re: Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics by Weah96: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
kingk:
Here you go again....who's christ?....and who did he say he's

Tell me who he's and I can confidently tell you that there's no salvation outside him.

The God from the new testament is Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Spirit Of Boldness / Exposing Sexual Immorality In The New Age Church / Church Sound System Wouldn't Allow Me Sleep!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.