Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Gbenga Makanjuola Delivers Casssva Processing Plant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Makanjuola Delivers Casssva Processing Plant (885 Views)

Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Senator Gbenga Obadara's Daughter Graduates With A 2.1 In LLB Law (Photos) / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gbenga Makanjuola Delivers Casssva Processing Plant by babanett: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2014
GBENGA MAKANJUOLA DELIVERS CASSSVA PROCESSING PLANT

A former member of the House of Representatives, current Chief of Staff to Senator Bukola Saraki, Hon Gbenga Makanjola has been commended for the establishment of agro-processing plant for Gari and Cassava flour in Omu-Aran Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara state. Makanjuola, stressed that the rationale behind the setting up of the plant was to alleviate poverty among his people by creating job opportunity and wealth for the teaming youths in Omu-Aran and its environment. "During my time in the Federal House of Representatives as chairman, House Committee on Agriculture, I took the opportunity to see what I can do that will benefit people of my constituency positively as part of my constituency projects. And I discovered that our people are major producers of cassava and that is what prompted my decision to establish the processing plant to reduce wastage," he said. Makanjuola explained that the farmers could easily make use of the processing plants close to them and bring their cassava for processing without having to spend much.

Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Mrs. Ibukun Odusote, who was represented by the Director of Special Duties, Mr. Chidi Nwandu, commended the initiator of the project, for his love and commitment to better the lots of farmers in his constituency.
According to the Permanent Secretary, Nigeria is the largest producer of cassava in the world producing over (40million) tons annually.
He said, "The Nigerian Cassava sub-sector suffers regularly from a glut and consequently cause a decrease in harvest with a rise by as much as 50% every three year."
Gbenga Makanjuola is also considered as one of the major contenders for Kwara South Senatorial seat which has been occupied by Senator Simon Ajibola for almost 12 years
Re: Gbenga Makanjuola Delivers Casssva Processing Plant by musaajebor(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2014
op abeg share pictures of the cassava proccessing plant for us to verify the authenticity of this sourceless report.

(1) (Reply)

Those Behind Boko Haram / Boko Haram Planning Attack To Seize Maiduguri / TAN Rally And The Parasitic Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.