Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. (6034 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / 4 Unusual Things That Can Only Happen In Aba / Tanker Explosion Around MCC-Abayi In Aba This Morning (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2014
what comes to your mind when you hear of aba? i know, dirt, bad roads, smelling environment etc but aba as a city has its own beautiful (by nigeria standard) sides, not all parts of aba are slums.

i don't reside in aba, i don't like TA orji (he is clueless) but aba is better than a lot places in nigeria, the federal govt isn't even helping issues as the population of aba was under-numerated, no state and federal presence in the city, with the false population figure, it is difficult to make proper budget and planning for the city. well, am not here to talk about that, am here to show some cool places in aba.

up eyimba city

11 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:46am On Aug 29, 2014
more

8 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 10:48am On Aug 29, 2014
Nice, OP more pix

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by eunisam: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2014
I didn't comment here.
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2014
picture aren't uploading, but i will keep trying

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:51am On Aug 29, 2014
more

8 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:52am On Aug 29, 2014
dont think aba is a total disappointment

10 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2014
more

6 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2014
This should grace the front page. Many must see the good side of Aba.

4 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2014
finding it difficult to upload pics
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2014
more

9 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2014
more

7 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Op, God bless u.
Shame to all them bad belle peeps who only focus on the bad sides of Aba and scare away investors n tourism.
I have told them several times TA orji doesn't care abt the pix of faulks road on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:12am On Aug 29, 2014
more

5 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:12am On Aug 29, 2014
This is nice.

2 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by UltraMusicGroup: 11:13am On Aug 29, 2014
this is unbiased reporting...thot all of aba was so dilapidated...we all know that so many parts of Lagos too are so messed up

9 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by kettykin: 11:17am On Aug 29, 2014
[size=20pt]@ Chinas God bless you a billion times !!!![/size] for coming with the real live pictures of Aba, the wrong pictures being circulated all over the world has scared investors away and those willing to relocate back to the east from the diaspora.

Please enlightent Abians to blow their trumpet since no body will blow it for them !!!

15 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2014
more

8 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by chinasaekperem: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2014
mor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2014
To even think I joined the bandwagon of those badmouthing Aba due to the SW media orchestrated propaganda is worrisome.

OP thanks for showing us the good side. Love the tall buildings that graced ur pictures. More like onitsha.

God bless ndigbo.

7 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by IGBOSON1: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2014
I'm impressed! smiley A few rough edges here and there, but generally much better than the picture some have painted of Aba!

OP, can we have a thread for pic/videos/developments of Abia state like we have for Enugu? You can change the title of this thread, and include pics from Umuahia as well!

Good effort!

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Collynzo16: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2014
kettykin: [size=20pt]@ Chinas God bless you a billion times !!!![/size] for coming with the real live pictures of Aba, the wrong pictures being circulated all over the world has scared investors away and those willing to relocate back to the east from the diaspora.

Please enlightent Abians to blow their trumpet since no body will blow it for them !!!
Those dirty pictures of Aba are very real, there is no point pretending otherwise.
What you should be advising Abians to do is demand for better governance not blowing a trumpet that doesn't exist.
I appreciate the fact that the OP is showing some good parts of Aba, but that doesn't mean that the bad ones don't exist.
Aba is the dirtiest city I've been to in Nigeria, and I have been to many.

10 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 29, 2014
I stay in Aba. These pics are real -truetalk.
But please, Aba is messed up.
I can see Aba/owerri road
-Ekenna
-Azikwe/Asa road
-that Enitona/Tonimas side, that road leading to PZ (Eziama GRA), is good because, PZ is situated there, that's actually where I live and I know the streets that flank it to the left/right are messed up too
-the road leading to Ahia ohuru, can't rem what is called, smooth road but very small.
These pictures must have been taken during the dry season, because we all know how Aba is now. Lets not pretend about it
-you see that Abia poly side, I used the speed I used last 2weeks to pass it yesterday, my bumper never recover till now.
-Faulks Road, you just showed the beginning around Jevenik, lets go a lil further past Omenazu towards Ariaria and story would change

These pics are concentrated on about 5major places in Aba, you just keep on showing me the oncoming/forthcoming lanes.
There is business in Aba, but God know say Aba biz people dey suffer during rainy season. I pity them a lot.

I'm not saying Aba doesn't have good sides, but e be like the bad pass the good.
In all, Aba is a wonderful town, dirt aside. I don't have plans of relocating anymore. I have told my hubby, it's Aba for life...

6 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:
Those dirty pictures of Aba are very real, there is no point pretending otherwise.
What you should be advising Abians to do is demand for better governance not blowing a trumpet that doesn't exist.
I appreciate the fact that the OP is showing some good parts of Aba, but that doesn't mean that the bad ones don't exist.

I like ur frankness but it's good to balance views, I av not been to Aba before and the bad pictures and news that has circulated on NL erroneously shaped my view about the city, now I have seen the good sides .

There is no nyash without some shit particles, even Lagos has slum and bad roads, let's stop bad mouthing ABA, though the governor needs to sit up.

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by kettykin: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Collynzo16:

you are quite right about the dirty areas, but the previous posters did not balance their views about Aba , people at a time were scared stiff about Aba. Aba has its good side and bad side just like any other city in Nigeria the bad parts of Lagos and Abuja are even worse than the bad parts of Aba.

like someone said if the Abia/Aba Government is appreciated for doing some good , they might be motivated to even do better , unlike the present attitude of painting them gross black even though there are some few good projects to their credit
Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by ketoprofen(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Please, I will like to know the names of these places, am impressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by IGBOSON1: 11:35am On Aug 29, 2014
I just wish they had a better Governor these past 7+ years! Despite all the challenges we face as a people, Aba could still have been the best city in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by priscaoge(f): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2014
Kachisbarbie: I stay in Aba. These pics are real -truetalk.
But please, Aba is messed up.
I can see Aba/owerri road
-Ekenna
-Azikwe/Asa road
These pictures must have been taken during the dry season, because we all know how Aba is now. Lets not pretend about it
Exactly my dear. Aba/Owerri road is messed. Osisioma is phurcked up,Park road is seriously bad. Portharcort road is bad as well. These pictures were all taken during dry season

1 Like

Re: Pic-aba may be Neglected But Not A Total Disappiontment. by Arysexy(m): 11:41am On Aug 29, 2014
What Aba needs is a little cosmetic touch,.just do the roads, beautify the streets lights and good landscaping, the inhabitants have already given the city some aesthetic look with buildings.

This is why I support my state govnor in his effort to make onitsha look clean.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria / How To Study Free In Germany / How Much Does It Cost To Travel To Malaysia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.