Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria (6074 Views)

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 10:49am On Mar 13, 2022
So this is based on the life of a cousin who relocated to nigeria briefly but is back in the uk to complete his masters. so we got to talking and this is the breakdown. so he had a studio apartment in osapa london lekki and total package including nepa light was part of service charge and lawma was part of it too, total package was 1.3 million annually. so this works out to in black market rate 1625 pounds a year. this works out to 32 pounds per week. and so in the UK the rent was 250 a week. the council tax ( their lawma ) is 20 a week and electricity is like 20 a week. thats 290 pounds a week compared to his lekki 32 pounds a week. so in essence in the UK his cost of living is 9 times what it is in nigeria. Isnt that amazing ?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by DannyFX2638: 11:03am On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Naijanascam: 11:03am On Mar 13, 2022
Before nko ...... nobody is disputing it in all obodo oyibo countries what you earn takes care of all you spend and everything is stable... your budget can't be altered even in year (s) but down here your budget of one week is day dreaming grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2022
DannyFX2638:
And Nigeria have 9 times Boko Haram.. 9 times bandits and Fulani herdsman .. 9 times road accident .. 9 times bad Government .. 9 times bad road.. 9 times worst healthcare .. 9 times low quality of living .. 9 times poverty capital .. etc.. should I continue
you dont get bandits, fulani herdsmen , bad roads, bad healthcare, bad quLITY OF LIVING, POVERTY ETC IN OSAPA london lekki which is why i used that as a reference and that is where sane nigerians try to live. we are not talking about the places where the rest of you zoo creatures live. and those places are the way they are because you made them that way. clean up your environment and stop complaining. shifting blame about your degenerate environment created by you on to others.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2022
Naijanascam:
Before nko ...... nobody is disputing it in all obodo oyibo countries what you earn takes care of all you spend and everything is stable... your budget can't be altered even in year (s) but down here your budget of one week is day dreaming grin grin
but you cant save. its all in and all out. its positives and negatives in both situations. am highighting a positive in that its 9 times less cost of living in nigeria. but everywhere has positives and negatives

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Naijanascam: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
but you cant save. its all in and all out. its positives and negatives in both situations. am highighting a positive in that its 9 times less cost of living in nigeria. but everywhere has positives and negatives

But you be happy and fresh
Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by wenogodie2: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2022
ABILITY TO EARN GOOD INCOME IS 100 TIMES BETTER IN UK.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:15am On Mar 13, 2022
Naijanascam:

But you be happy and fresh
fresh if you are living with your parents and not working. people who work in england are not fresh. i have seen more fresher nigerians in nigeria than in london. only the youth are fresh over there because they have not been thrust into the rat race yet. in terms of happiness ? only the youth who are not working are happy there. once you start working in engand you get depression. it is the depression capital of the world

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Rilwayne001: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
you dont get bandits, fulani herdsmen , bad roads, bad healthcare, bad quLITY OF LIVING, POVERTY ETC IN OSAPA london lekki which is why i used that as a reference and that is where sane nigerians try to live. we are not talking about the places where the rest of you zoo creatures live. and those places are the way they are because you made them that way. clean up your environment and stop complaining. shifting blame about your degenerate environment created by you on to others.

Buzugeeeeeeee grin grin grin grin shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2022
wenogodie2:
ABILITY TO EARN GOOD INCOME IS 100 TIMES BETTER IN UK.
what is good income ? how do you define good income ? do you know over 90 percent of british people cannot boast of 1000 pounds in their bank account ? 1000 pounds is like 600k . thats money that emoney spend in one night in nightclub cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:18am On Mar 13, 2022
Rilwayne001:

Buzugeeeeeeee grin grin grin grin shocked
Rilwayneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wagwannnnnnnn bruvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Naijanascam: 11:29am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
fresh if you are living with your parents and not working. people who work in england are not fresh. i have seen more fresher nigerians in nigeria than in london. only the youth are fresh over there because they have not been thrust into the rat race yet. in terms of happiness ? only the youth who are not working are happy there. once you start working in engand you get depression. it is the depression capital of the world

Yes it's true especially england.... but their happiness is everything is working properly

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by wenogodie2: 11:34am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
what is good income ? how do you define good income ? do you know over 90 percent of british people cannot boast of 1000 pounds in their bank account ? 1000 pounds is like 600k . thats money that emoney spend in one night in nightclub cheesy cheesy

Emoney and his class are just 2% of Nigerian population. Have you seen the Emoney's of UK. I mean the ones that own a hundred luxury cars and private jets and yachts in one garage. Nigerian elites can't even compare in a hundred light years.

About the 90% British people that cannot boast of 1000 pounds? Totally fabricated false assumption!!

16 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
So this is based on the life of a cousin who relocated to nigeria briefly but is back in the uk to complete his masters. so we got to talking and this is the breakdown. so he had a studio apartment in osapa london lekki and total package including nepa light was part of service charge and lawma was part of it too, total package was 1.3 million annually. so this works out to in black market rate 1625 pounds a year. this works out to 32 pounds per week. and so in the UK the rent was 250 a week. the council tax ( their lawma ) is 20 a week and electricity is like 20 a week. thats 290 pounds a week compared to his lekki 32 pounds a week. so in essence in the UK his cost of living is 9 times what it is in nigeria. Isnt that amazing ?
what of weekly wages/salaries compare to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by qwertyboss(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2022
LP they crazy...
The cheapness of human life and cost of security is 18 times worst in Nigeria than the UK

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2022
Bodmum:
what of weekly wages/salaries compare to Nigeria?
what of it ? what point are you trying to make ? read further down where i said 90 percent of brits do not have 600 thousand naira in their bank account. everything you make you pay in bills. so i guess its good you can get a job to pay your bills but what about people who desire to get rich ?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2022
wenogodie2:

Emoney and his class are just 2% of Nigerian population. Have you seen the Emoney's of UK. I mean the ones that own a hundred luxury cars and private jets and yachts in one garage. Nigerian elites can't even compare in a hundred light years.

About the 90% British people that cannot boast of 1000 pounds? Totally fabricated false assumption!!

https://www.ybs.co.uk/media-centre/savings-crisis/index.html

read that link, in that one, is a survey by british banks. says 1 in 5 adults have less than 100 pounds in their bank account in britain. 100 pounds is only 60 thousand naira that the average nigerian can spend in one night in nightclub. brah ? it aint all pretty over there. its an illusion

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-adults-savings-none-quarter-debt-cost-living-emergencies-survey-results-a8265111.html

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by uchaymart(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:

OP who are you working for? i mean who sent you to further discourage Nigerians not to travel?

Allow God use you small..........

A senior man in the company i work, was on a salary of 800k per month but resigned to travel abroad with his family..............

first of all, why am i traveling? do i have a skill that will sustain me out there? has any of my relative made things so easy for me to settle when i relocate?

NIGERIA IS GOING DOWN BY THE DAY, MAN..............RELOCATE ASAP IF YOU MEET OF ALL THE AFORMENTIONED

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Ojemedad: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2022
D discouragers are here again

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by wenogodie2: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:

https://www.ybs.co.uk/media-centre/savings-crisis/index.html

read that link, in that one, is a survey by british banks. says 1 in 5 adults have less than 100 pounds in their bank account in britain. 100 pounds is only 60 thousand naira that the average nigerian can spend in one night in nightclub. brah ? it aint all pretty over there. its an illusion

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-adults-savings-none-quarter-debt-cost-living-emergencies-survey-results-a8265111.html

Bro that speaks about the few that probably Save their money in assets and not in the bank.

That also contradicts your 90% fabricated false claim.

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:48am On Mar 13, 2022
uchaymart:

OP who are you working for? i mean who sent you to further discourage Nigerians not to travel?

Allow God use you small..........

A senior man in the company i work, was on a salary of 800k per month but resigned to travel abroad with his family..............

first of all, why am i traveling? do i have a skill that will sustain me out there? has any of my relative made things so easy for me to settle when i relocate?

NIGERIA IS GOING DOWN BY THE DAY, MAN..............RELOCATE ASAP IF YOU MEET OF ALL THE AFORMENTIONED
who cares whether you travel or not ? this is just living to living analysis of two countries. if you like travel to hell for all we care. its your life to do with what you want

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2022
Ojemedad:
D discouragers are here again
bro this is living analysis of two countries. this analysis is for smart people not stupid people like you

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2022
wenogodie2:

Bro that speaks about the few that probably Save their money in assets and not in the bank.

That also contradicts your 90% fabricated false claim.
doesnt contradict. use your brain. that one said less than 100 pounds. i said less than 1000 pounds meaning there are more under the 1000 pounds margin. now read this article where it says a quarter of britons have no savings. add that quarter to the ones with under 100 and we are at 50 percent already. the other 40 percent of the population will make up the ones with just 500 to 1000 pounds in their accounts. hope you are smart enough to understand what i just wrote

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Ojemedad: 11:54am On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
bro this is living analysis of two countries. this analysis is for smart people not stupid people like you

If you are smart you should not make comparison of two countries in which there is a huge gap between their minimum wage and employment ratio.
Mumu trying to be smart

8 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2022
Ojemedad:

If you are smart you should not make comparison of two countries in which there is a huge gap between their minimum wage and employment ratio.
Mumu trying to be smart

you must be crazy. living analysis can be made between any two countries
Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Ojemedad: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
you must be crazy. living analysis can be made between any two countries

Ekpa, why not compare lizard and elephant in the quantity of food they eat, don't quote me again, you are reducing my IQ

12 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Ojemedad:

Ekpa, why not compare lizard and elephant in the quantity of food they eat, don't quote me again, you are reducing my IQ
you are just a knuckle dragging mouth breathing zoogerian. but then again what else is new right ? stay off my mentions till you decide to engage your brain sad

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
and to all the other low IQ people who will like to comment, we do not care where you choose to live on this planet, that is your personal business. this is simply an educative living analysis between two countries. its educative and enlightening to smart people .

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by Cousin9999: 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
There's no new information here, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by wenogodie2: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
sukkot:
doesnt contradict. use your brain. that one said less than 100 pounds. i said less than 1000 pounds meaning there are more under the 1000 pounds margin. now read this article where it says a quarter of britons have no savings. add that quarter to the ones with under 100 and we are at 50 percent already. the other 40 percent of the population will make up the ones with just 500 to 1000 pounds in their accounts. hope you are smart enough to understand what i just wrote

Your mind is play big tricks on you.

We're done here

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by sukkot: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2022
wenogodie2:

Your mind is play big tricks on you.

We're done here
nigga you cant even speak good english mayne. cheesy

you non english speakin mahfuka you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In The UK Is 9 Times What It Is In Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
The demons have arrived. Aren't there contract jobs that pay 500 to 1000 pounds a day in the UK especially in the IT sector. Isn't there a working social contract that takes care of you should in case you lose your job or fall on hard times.

Mtscheew.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Le Méridien Ibom Hotel & Golf Resort Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Relocate To UYO or CALABAR - Make One Choice, Which Would You Choose And Why? / Information For An American Coming To Nigeria To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.