Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria (6410 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Get Braces In Nigeria? / Anybody Wearing Braces In The House? / Teeth Arrangement( Braces) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 29, 2014
Dental braces (also known
as orthodontic braces, or
braces) are devices used in
orthodontics that align and
straighten teeth and help to
position them with regard to
a person's bite, while also
working to improve dental
health. They are often used to
correct underbites , as well as
malocclusions , overbites,
cross bites , open bites, deep
bites , crooked teeth, and
various other flaws of the
teeth and jaw. Braces can be
either cosmetic or structural.
Dental braces are often used
in conjunction with other
orthodontic appliances to
help widen the palate or
jaws and to otherwise assist
in shaping the teeth and
jaws.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_braces

I see a lot of dental braces used by people mostly in American movies and it arose my curiosity as to why i don't see any in Nigeria. I would really appreciate it if the Dentists in the house enlighten us about the practice in Nigeria and how much it costs.

Re: Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Emmandu(f): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
I have friends nd family that have them on and they are here in Nigeria...u dont generalise your view cos u sure havent gone round Nigeria.
Re: Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Emmandu: I have friends nd family that have them on and they are here in Nigeria...u dont generalise your view cos u sure havent gone round Nigeria.
Well you could help by telling me how much it costs?
Re: Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
How much does it cost to have a crown. Any idea?
Re: Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Interval: How much does it cost to have a crown. Any idea?
There seem to be no dentists around here
Re: Use Of Dental Braces In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
...A typical Nigerian man has never seen a dentist before....We believe we take care of our teeth by washing them daily....
...I have never seen a dentist before, although its not wise....Since i dont usually have any tooth or teeth problem, then why should i visit a doctor??...thats how evry Nigerians think.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Girl Has A Bad Body Odour. / FUNMI COCONUTS: 100% UNADULTERATED COCONUT OIL, COCONUT FLOUR, COCONUT FUFU / How Hash/bad Is White Maggi(ajino-moto) On Humans Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.