Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme (17517 Views)

Federal Government Suspends Doctors Residency Training / FG Suspends Residency Training!! / LUTH calls for residents..Residency Training Program In Nigeria..info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

yes,you sacked them yet you go dey negotiate for back.
you need to see the pressure senator mark put on NMA even on the day of the EDM. it was dicey that the federal govt made sure doctors starting getting alerts while the meeting was on.
mark played his politics well. that is what NMA expected from that vindictive minister. he couldn't deliver then got angry when mark sorted out in three days what chukwu couldn't in 6 weeks.
this guy! you are really in the know...dont mind the hateful, uninformed 'public'.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by ocelot2006(m): 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

the bolded really cracked me up.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ngerians should get ready to see the hospitals COME ALIVE. the people that REALLY MATTER are back!

grin grin grin true that. Welcome back docs.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
jumpmasta: My child can certainly reason better than this
and my won child reason better than your dumb child.

Get away you effete!
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by feedthenation(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
The government have no other option than to recall the resident doctors.

Whoever came up with the idea of sacking them in the first instance is a 'big slowpoke'.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by thaqib(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
The doctors have not lost a dine! Nothing I repeat
I am being paid for sitting @ home, what's d loss? It is the ordinary man that has lost(though they don't know) and the nigerian government(though dey don't care). Why did they quickly reverse d decision ahead of the awka convention?
NMA leaders has disappointed us, we know but its not all over
In any case,watch out for the massive movement of doctors out of country in the next few months/years.. @ that time,JOHESU would be managing the illiterate nigerian citizens. But u know what? They would still be going on strike. That time, the common enemy would have gone but the pharmacist would now remember that he spent longer years in school than the medical records officer, all in the midst of increased morbidity and mortality!
What a country..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by ocelot2006(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
ovadoze: I laugh @ you, FG suspended the residency programme to arm twist you people and it worked. You guys called off the strike as soon as the suspension was announced, this is the last time doctors will ever go on strike because FG holds them @ d balls. Doctors are the biggest losers, before you tell me that you achieved your aims, I know the details and the rancour that took place before the strike was called off, doctors nearly fought at the last emergency meeting with the resident doctors afraid of losing their jobs, so cry me a river.

How did it work? After the suspension was ordered:

did any House Officer or even Consultant report for duty? NOPE!!
Did NMA call off their strike? NOPE!!

So do tell, how did the FG win this round?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by pheyikemi: 3:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ad4: I read somewhere that the doctors were begging. The person who posted this topic I guess is a doctor, he just wants to prove a false point. I visited a government owned hospital on Wednesday and was told that other doctors were already applying for the position of the sacked resident doctors.
Before now, I had a soft spot for doctors but now, I see them as greedy, self-centered, and selfish. I even approached a Consultant doctor who without shame told me that people who are critically ill should visit private hospitals, immmediately she said that I looked at her with so much disgust.
They are fortunate to meet a GEJ or to be in a time when democracy is accelerating in Nigeria if not, they are due for kirikiri!
^^^Disgusting lamentations of an afflicted soul.
Why do u like reading something negative, you alone read where they begged(see your mouth like beg), only you would hear of other docs applying for the post of sacked resident docs as if just anybody who isn't a resident can apply 4d post, only you approached a consultant and he told d critically ill to visit a private hosp, why do I smell lies in ur write_up, u alone the bearer of evil things. Keep your soft spot to urself, u'll need it someday.

16 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by hardbody: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
waterhouse071: I thought clueless Nigerians and their clueless government prefer nurses to doctors. let countries with value for human life continue to absorb them, at least USA already has 10000 and UK 4000 Nigerian doctors.

What you will never read or hear is the amount of pleas and begging that went into this. The 'Doctors' were brutally brought to their knees and made to carry placards so as to win public sympathy. By now hunger for don begin kill so many of those trial and error wanna be physicians. Mtchewwww

So how the strike go?

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by thaqib(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2014
skabber2: Fg should have allowed these doctors to stay at home for at least two months without salary ........ teach them a good lesson. Then, they won't come here and be making noise. People that were practically begging fg to reinstate them, now they are making mouth..... would NMA have suspended the strike if residents were not sacked.
Good move by Fg..... if dem born you guys well, try go another strike nw grin
I marvel @ your degree of ignorance. Even if a doctor is not paid for 6 months, he won't starve! FACT!
But then since the government doesnt bother about the health of the masses, they can do that, they dare not actually..
The strike was mismanaged, but you now what? no doctor lost. The FG didn't too. Only the poor citizens did. U are lucky it hadn't gotten 2 your turn before the reversal of d suspension, u for cry 'whei'

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by topchef: 4:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
hardbody:

What you will never read or hear is the amount of pleas and begging that went into this. The 'Doctors' were brutally brought to their knees and made to carry placards so as to win public sympathy. By now hunger for don begin kill so many of those trial and error wanna be physicians. Mtchewwww

So how the strike go?

Dumb!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by phantom(m): 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
skabber2: Fg should have allowed these doctors to stay at home for at least two months without salary ........ teach them a good lesson. Then, they won't come here and be making noise. People that were practically begging fg to reinstate them, now they are making mouth..... would NMA have suspended the strike if residents were not sacked.
Good move by Fg..... if dem born you guys well, try go another strike nw grin

go and find out what a court injunction is.
NARD got one and it meant that if you leave the doctors till 2016,you must pay them.
your idioti.c minister had to behave himself.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by slymansun: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: nigerian doctors have killed more patients in nigeria than hiv, malaria, tubercolosis combined.

Useless sets of greedy profeesionals. What do they know? Doctors will come to work by 10am and leave by 12pm. What nonsense! Yet they want all the money in the world.

Yeye people
you know u just typed rubbish. every sensible person known u must be a very foolish and jealous person to air such view. shame on u if u ve ever been treated by a Nigerian doctor.

8 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Toksytoks(m): 4:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
bonnybonco: The fear of Residency suspension is the beginning of wisdom. Next time u want to go on strike, u remember that Residency training program is on review. After all a trainee should pay and not to be paid and has not right of Labour unionism and his Trainer can determine to terminate his training program if the trainee is not performing

Government does not pay for their exams, update courses , exam materials and all. What Government pays for is the work these resident do on a daily basis. The average resident in surgery does or assist in carrying out an average of 20 surgeries in a month, you honestly feel that they do not deserve to be paid ?

How come private hospitals like Eko hospital pay their resident doctors even better than what FG pays, Are they that magnanimous or you feel they have money to throw around.

The Hospital is a combination of a training and working environment.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by LadyH(f): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
Youngzedd: Comedy.
I tell ya. grin
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
slymansun: you know u just typed rubbish. every sensible person known u must be a very foolish and jealous person to air such view. shame on u if u ve ever been treated by a Nigerian doctor.
look at this paralysed maggots. Thunder fire your mouth there. Idiiiooots!

You and your fake doctors are brainless. Money conscious doctors without sense.

May you contact ebola on your scrotum. Bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by aprokomania(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
waterhouse071: I thought clueless Nigerians and their clueless government prefer nurses to doctors. let countries with value for human life continue to absorb them, at least USA already has 10000 and UK 4000 Nigerian doctors.
BUFFOON
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by hardbody: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
topchef:

What you don't know is that I have already received my august salary by the same government that claim to have sacked me while chilling , holidaying and touring the world.

Meanwhile you (probably unemployed ) are here ranting and taking paracetamol for another man's headache .
Pls take it easy on yourself ok, try and get a life . It will do you a whole lot of good.

I love your parody. If you were smart by half, you will realize that your ilks are being subsidized in the substandard training you are supposedly getting using tax payers money and to that extent, issues affecting you hooligans are not personal to you but to us the tax payers, it is also of interest.

As to whether i am employed or not, i will rather leave that aspect out. Suffice it to say that some people in this forum can afford to employ your sorry azz, pay your pitiable salary and take on additional responsibilities which are due you but which you cannot shoulder. Now shut up and get busy.

7 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by pheyikemi: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toksytoks:

Government does not pay for their exams, update courses , exam materials and all. What Government pays for is the work these resident do on a daily basis. The average resident in surgery does or assist in carrying out an average of 20 surgeries in a month, you honestly feel that they do not deserve to be paid ?

How come private hospitals like Eko hospital pay their resident doctors even better than what FG pays, Are they that magnanimous or you feel they have money to throw around.

The Hospital is a combination of a training and working environment.
#sighs# how I wish the guy you are explaining this to can comprehend you, he's got no brains for all u've written above, hence, he'll continue to rant. Just watch out for him and some others too.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Are you part of this multitude? else what are you waiting for. To me I believe the use of "Gesture of goodwill" is insulting, that enough should make you pack your bags and leave.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Dmentor: It was clear from the onset that this was one battle that the government was bound to lose. I think the govt was wrongly advised. I salute the maturity of the President of the Senate.
In what way has the government lose..Did you even read the article?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Forwetinnah: 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
adeoladrg: grin grin Mumu doctors!

I thought you guys were mini gods? I thought you guys were immortal? grin

See what your arrogance has caused! 0% public sympathy! Which sympathy sef? The public you neglected for your selfish demands? Do you know how many people died as a result of your untenable demands? They even said Ebola was not going to make them call it off, that was when I knew we had been patronizing mad men in white lab coats.

Now go to work silently and don't let me hear strike again!!

grin

Secrets Reporters @fejirooliver86
I am being magnanimous in giving you
back your job, President Jonathan tells
resident doctors. Thank you Mr
President.

Chai...God helep them!!
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hmmnn. Can't help but make a comment here. I hv been keenly following the discourse in this thread and others on NL and other online forums/blogs since the onset of the strike action by members of the NMA/NARD. I must say I am dismayed by the response of nigerians. It all goes to show the level of patriotism we have. How can we prosper as a Nation with this mindset? We have,on one hand the medical doctors, (believed by most to be highly intellectual), and the other hand members of JOHESU ( with,talented and seasoned experts and intellectuals ,some of who even have PhD's) and finally the general public. Please and please my dear brothers and sisters let's sit back and have a rethink. What will it profit us to persistently be @ each others throat? Health-care is a team-work. No cadre of health care worker is easily dispensable from the cleaner,attendants,nurses, pharmacists, MLS,Drs etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
IzyLuv: Do they know how many reasonable and capable doctors left the country since the sack...

More are still planning to Leave...

Nigerians are really hating on d wrong people.... the people we elected into power are crippling out health system and using tax payers money to accquire foreign health care for themselves.... And instead we choose to hate on doctors??

So what if they asking for more money(harzard)??
How much does a senator of FRN tak home as "inconvenience" allowance
While i agree that dia are some non-chalant egocentric and arrogant doctors. (met alot of dese)... there are also those who deserve more than Nigeria cld ever pay them... they are d unsung heroes(also met dese; quite few i might add)...

Finally, Nigeria is not broke... All things being equal, every sector can be properly catered for, its just that some select individuals have made it their God given right to squander her resources.... sadly, the thought of every Average Nigerian is how to take part in such squandering...**smh**

We can create d Nigeria we want by changing our attitude and mindset... Not by bashing any striking group be it ASUU, NMA, JOHESU... etc

PS; Chad has about d best health care system in d world.
Did they move to Chad
Bye bye to them...I heard Liberia is also in need of doctors. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by phantom(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
on a lighter note,one of my crazy doctor friend says;

relativity is a situation where a male doc can marry a female johesuite but a male johesuite cannot marry a female doc. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Jaygrl(f): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
feedthenation: The government have no other option than to recall the resident doctors.

Whoever came up with the idea of sacking them in the first instance is a 'big slowpoke'.
At least it achieved its aim tongue

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by IzyLuv(f): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
saxywale:
Did they move to Chad
Bye bye to them...I heard Liberia is also in need of doctors. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Dts not my point...

My pointing out d health care in Chad is dat it may be considered little when compared to d so-called giant of Africa... but some thing z working for them.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
We all owe it to our selves,to our nation and our fellow country-men to be the best we can. There is nothing to rejoice about. Its not a matter of who won the day or who is the victor and who is the vanquished. Let's all sit back, spare a second and think about the innocent souls who have lost their lives,those who have suffered a lot during the duration of this strike. The Drs keep saying "its the masses/public that will suffer, forgetting he is also one of the masses or has family members. Anyone can fall critically ill @ anytime. I know of a doctor who lost a father-figure as a result of this strike because the private hosp couldn't handle his case. We all could have been victims. So please enough of all this. First and foremost, we are humans and all deserve the VERY BEST in life, we are brothers and sisters of one great nation,NIGERIA, we are brothers and sisters in religion (muslims and christians alike). There is nothing to b proud of regarding the outcome of this strike. Let's all hope and pray that a long-lasting calm and harmony reigns for long in the health sector and all other sectors of Nigeria. One Love !!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by jumpmasta(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
mencade5: and my won child reason better than your dumb child.

Get away you effete!
I can't make sense of whatever mumbo jumbo you are trying to say..you and your child needs urgent help in English grammer..
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Forwetinnah: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
phantom:

yes,you sacked them yet you go dey negotiate for back.
you need to see the pressure senator mark put on NMA even on the day of the EDM. it was dicey that the federal govt made sure doctors starting getting alerts while the meeting was on.
mark played his politics well. that is what NMA expected from that vindictive minister. he couldn't deliver then got angry when mark sorted out in three days what chukwu couldn't in 6 weeks.

What about the100 point agenda abi na ultimatum grin
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Jaygrl(f): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Wagasigiungu: Hmmnn. Can't help but make a comment here. I hv been keenly following the discourse in this thread and others on NL and other online forums/blogs since the onset of the strike action by members of the NMA/NARD. I must say I am dismayed by the response of nigerians. It all goes to show the level of patriotism we have. How can we prosper as a Nation with this mindset? We have,on one hand the medical doctors, (believed by most to be highly intellectual), and the other hand members of JOHESU ( with,talented and seasoned experts and intellectuals ,some of who even have PhD's) and finally the general public. Please and please my dear brothers and sisters let's sit back and have a rethink. What will it profit us to persistently be @ each others throat? Health-care is a team-work. No cadre of health care worker is easily dispensable from the cleaner,attendants,nurses, pharmacists, MLS,Drs etc.
Pls tell our doctors...I don't know why the unnecessary struggle for power.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by mencade5(m): 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
jumpmasta: I can't make sense of whatever mumbo jumbo you are trying to say..you and your child needs urgent help in English grammer..
grammarian! What a pathetic misery ogre you are. I dont exchange gibberish with a douchebag.
Re: Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme by Jaygrl(f): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
phantom: on a lighter note,one of my crazy doctor friend says;

relativity is a situation where a male doc can marry a female johesuite but a male johesuite cannot marry a female doc. grin grin
I know 2 male nurses that are married to doctors.....so? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / Man Files N500m Suit Against Lagos Based Indian Doctor Over Botched Delivery / 2.3 Million Nigerians Register For Coronavirus Vaccination In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.