Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Statistics for WAEC 2014 - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Statistics for WAEC 2014 (33189 Views)

Waec 2014 Nov/dec Examination Result. / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / WAEC 2014 Result Will Be Out On 31st July 2014 (31/7/2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2014
Mbediogu:

Those Eastern brothers States should should buckle up as a whole. I am happy that the schools the govt took over are returning to their owners. I am nostalgic about DMGS and CKC onitsha, CIC Enugu, WAPI and Hope Wadell Calabar, Methodist college Uzoakoli, SAGS Nkwerre, the Eastern Government colleges at Port Harcourt, Umuahia, Owerri (my alma mater), Afikpo, and Queens Enugu. And many others to many to list.
Before the 70s (govt take over), I am sure that a WAEC pass of anything less than 70% would not be celebrated excerpt with ashes and sackcloth. But here we are clinking classes for a whole Anambra with 35% failure. We even blamed NEPA for mass failure as if bulk of academic work at that level is nocturnal. Ndigbo tetanu nura. Chi ebogo!

The worst thing that happened to our educational system is govt take over.

Missionary schools always perform better, Anambra is getting it right with the handing over of schools to the churches

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 30, 2014
atlwireles:

Just noticed you don't have bayelsa on this list.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 30, 2014
Ogonimilitant: with all the private school paying millions per term in Lagos state
where is the result? when I tell them that private school is just a status thing
they will not agree with me

There are more students that passed in lagos than all those who sat the exam in anambra, just because a lot more failed doesn't mean many didn't pass.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2014
musiwa94:

You can see that revenue is the reason why student of Western Nigeria failed and there is no need to continue the relationship with Nigeria.

Tell us another excuse? Didn't the Igbos get measly 20 pounds and lost virtually all they had from the civil war? But through sheer hard work they have surpassed all others. You have no excuse omo yoruba...just accept they are gifted people!

10 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Okudiover(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2014
atlwireles: People keep trashing Abia's state government on these online forums, yet Abia is always well represented when it truly counts. The Gov and the state must be doing something right.

Foul! Any initiative there is private sector driven.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

There are more students that passed in lagos than all those who sat the exam in anambra, just because a lot more failed doesn't mean many didn't pass.

Hello I thought u saw that statistics its not on individuality its just the general percentage. So take it or leave it lagos is lagging behind despite all the millions parent are blowing into private school for their children

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by eaglechild: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I was among the examiners who marked last WAEC. I know what I'm saying. I still remember how a team leader reacted when I was so strict in my marking.
Are you saying your colleagues are lenient.
But that hasn't helped your state performance.

Which means that if they used Anambra standards to mark it, they will perform even worse. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chy101: 7:44am On Aug 30, 2014
1 million likes..

atlwireles:

There are times serious thought process are required, when discussing public policy. Worry about your state's performance and stop making everything in this country about tribe. Tells us how your state performed and why?

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Abiagirl777(f): 7:45am On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=atlwireles]People keep trashing Abia's state government on these online forums, yet Abia is always well represented when it truly counts. The Gov and the state must be doing something right.[/quote/

Its just de sheer determination of Abians,nothing more nothing less.
Its a case of'he who is being rejected does not reject himself.
Imagine if govt support was involved.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by PrinceCharmiing(m): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2014
In every dark cloud, there is always a silver lining, I wrote in Kwara buh my 7A1's 3B2's still stand gidigbam! Thank God for ma result grin

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2014
I keep wondering what awolowo will be going through in his grave, these dull children of his have nullified all his effort to project them into academic limelight. That's what you get when a father uses gimmickry in acquiring the wealth to train his children, the law of karma will always be obeyed irrespective of the time it will take, think about this.

9 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

Understand that 70-80% of people that passed in Lagos are not Yorubas. I'm sure SE and SS in Lagos account for 60% of those that passed...if you extract SE, SS and North from LAGOS result, I assure you Lagos will be fighting for status with Yobe state. Yes Lagos is in SW geographically however demographically it's not a SW state....it's just like Abuja; this is common sense that Yoruba people cannot use! Stop claiming it...focus on Ondo, Osun, Ogun and Ekiti!

12 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Tbliss12:

Hello I thought u saw that statistics its not on individuality its just the general percentage. So take it or leave it lagos is lagging behind despite all the millions parent are blowing into private school for their children

What do you mean, “individuality"?

The number of students that passed still shows that many people are still doing okay, generally, the south west isn't doing great but we can still see that there are so many candidates here and a substantial number of them passed.

The government secondary schools are dead right from primary school up, there is a lot of work to be done in that sector.

Congrats to all those that passed but ibos making tribalistic comments here will turn around to complain later when Yoruba starts their own.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2014
new2020:

[s]Understand that 70-80% of people that passed in Lagos are not Yorubas. I'm sure SE and SS in Lagos account for 50% of those that passed. Yes Lagos is in SW geographically however demographically it's not a SW state....it's just like Abuja; this is common sense that Yoruba people cannot use! Stop claiming it...focus on Ondo, Osun, Ogun and Ekiti! [/s]
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chinasaekperem: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

What do you mean, “individuality"?

The number of students that passed still shows that many people are still doing okay, generally, the south west isn't doing great but we can still see that there are so many candidates here and a substantial number of them passed.

The government secondary schools are dead right from primary school up, there is a lot of work to be done in that sector.

Congrats to all those that passed but ibos making tribalistic comments here will turn around to complain later when Yoruba starts their own.
70% of those students in lagos aren't yorubas, stop committing suicide over this small issue, I can authoritatively tell you that IGBOS HAVE MORE STUDENT IN LAGOS THAN YORUBAS , with all sagacity.

9 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

.......I bet you the 45% pass that Lagos state got is because of the SS and SEasterners in Lagos bringing the numbers up
Take them off,Lagos will be in the neighborhood of 25% like neighboring Ogun state

I disagree. Lagos is working hard at their education. If your assumption were correct then Abuja would have performed just as well as the eastern states because of it's own Igbo population.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
Are you saying your colleagues are lenient.
But that hasn't helped your state performance.

Which means that if they used Anambra standards to mark it, they will perform evev worse. embarassed
If you don't know how WAEC scripts are shared in all the states, ask to be told. Scripts are taken outside the geo-political zones of where the candidates sat for the exam. I marked scripts from outside the South West, where I was.
On leniency, I don't cut corners, I abide by the rules which have come to be abused by some examiners.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by whyque(m): 8:02am On Aug 30, 2014
Anambra indeed,we knw ao dy do it na
write al d solutions 4 em on d board.....dy alwaiz av d best result nd kant even write dia own name...
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2014
django1:

Thank you for pointing that out. Anambra State doesn't have the highest number of candidates that passed the exam, but the highest per centage. They are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 30, 2014
chinasaekperem: [s]70% of those students in lagos aren't yorubas, stop committing suicide over this small issue, I can authoritatively tell you that IGBOS HAVE MORE STUDENT IN LAGOS THAN YORUBAS , with all sagacity.[/s]
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by omokab: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2014
I will start to believe all this statistic when WAEC on its own is serious on conducting the exams you check the percentage of student that pass in each state you will realize that majority of them are from village special centers. This is common to all state but is mostly peculiar to south east.Immagine a school in ebonyi state,Nnodo boys precisely I think over 200 suppose to write WAEC but only 3 student wrote WAEC in that school because the remaining ones had ran to special center.The media show this on news not by speculation.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Kei144(m): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Why are you so worried about Imo,what about Enugu where your beloveth Sullivan Chime is performing wonders.
It also beats my imagination to stupor that you are asking why is Anambra always coming first...As if you dont know the amount of reform that went down in Anambra education sector,while Chime is planting flowers and sweeping roads...lol
Funny guy.

atlwireles: People keep trashing Abia's state government on these online forums, yet Abia is always well represented when it truly counts. The Gov and the state must be doing something right.

It has nothing to do with who is governor; it has all to do with the IQ and diligence of the students.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Psylas: i thought boko haram was joking when they said "western education is sin"
This really cracked me up!
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Tolexander: 8:16am On Aug 30, 2014
new2020: [size=14pt]Does Seun and moderators want us to scream to the top of our lungs before they will move this thread to the top of the page? This thread needs to stay #1 for at least 48 hrs...why place useless threads above this? Where are our priorities? [/size]
what for, if i may ask?
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2014
76Naira: Even with all the question leakages.
The northern states need to sit up. Well, maybe Boko Haram would be happy with their poor performance.
y don't u tell us. Since ure d BH. Mtsw!
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by henryobinna(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2014
meforyou1: This table is so instructive.
I am glad that female pupils are waxing stronger. More females passed more than their male counterparts. The southerners passed more than their northern counterparts.
So wish our northern elected officials shall take this as a challenge and take education in their areas to another level, we will all be happy for it. Andd we pray for our children in the troubled north east.
Let's keep this thread clean, it's the lives of the future ones that's at stake here.
so you still believe much in our education!
when millions of graduates are already roaming with no job.
man.. am just going to school to fulfill all righteousness(I just want the B.Sc)
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Mariopgomery(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
emiye:

The total number of students who sat for wassce from anambra are roughly 50,000 students

Now imagine 486 illegal runs centre in the state. Divide 50,000 by 486, and tell me what you get.

o pls stop trying so hard to discredit d s/E. I stay in lagos and i can tell you that there are special centers on every street, so whats your point?

8 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by chy101: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
The highlighted got me crying.. cheesy

new2020:

Understand that 70-80% of people that passed in Lagos are not Yorubas. I'm sure SE and SS in Lagos account for 60% of those that passed...if you extract SE, SS and North from LAGOS result, I assure you Lagos will be fighting for status with Yobe state. Yes Lagos is in SW geographically however demographically it's not a SW state....it's just like Abuja; this is common sense that Yoruba people cannot use! Stop
claiming it...focus on Ondo, Osun, Ogun and Ekiti!

5 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2014
One thing causing the falling standard of public education in the south west is the politics in teachers recruitment. Its never about merit just another means of satisfying some quarters and this will continue so far the electorate keeps seeking personal enrichment over the general good of the society.

2 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

Total number of students who passed regionally vs those who failed

South-West
Total numebr of Students: 400 445

130 365 passed vs 270 080 failed

33% vs 67%

South-East
Total number of Students: 184 970

118 985 passed vs 65 985 failed

64% vs 36%

South-South
Total number of students: 305 183

131 072 passed vs 174 111 failed

43% vs 57%

Please edit you post, I made a mistake earlier. The S.e pass vs fail is more accurately 52 vs 47. I'm sure there are still mistakes so treat the figures as approximates.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by eaglechild: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If you don't know how WAEC scripts are shared in all the states, ask to be told. Scripts are taken outside the geo-political zones of where the candidates sat for the exam. I marked scripts from outside the South West, where I was.
On leniency, I don't cut corners, I abide by the rules which have come to be abused by some examiners.
That even makes the results all the more indicting.

What it means is that with your strict expertise you marked the scripts that were possibly coming from the SE and they still performed well.

10 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by 100Cents: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2014
chinasaekperem: Southeasterners going to school like never before, nwanne oge adiro.

South East rocks but the people awolowo sent to school 50 years ago still claim they lead in Education while their market women don't understand "good morning"..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.