Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Statistics for WAEC 2014 - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Statistics for WAEC 2014 (33191 Views)

Waec 2014 Nov/dec Examination Result. / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / WAEC 2014 Result Will Be Out On 31st July 2014 (31/7/2014) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 5:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Did you attend elementary school at all?

The percentages are percentages of the total number of candidates that sat for the exam and not of the population of the states.

You wonder why her state is on the bottom
Hasn't she just displayed the reason why?

15 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 5:12am On Aug 30, 2014
For those wondering why anambra is always coming tops in competitive exam, the answer is quality education by the missionary schools.

During my secondary school days in anambra there was competition between CKC ( Catholic school) vs DMGS ( Anglican ) both in onitsha, in enugu u have holy rosary secondary school dishing out brilliant students.

At the national level, missionary schools still prove they are not push overs, Loyola Jesuit Abuja is arguably the best there, come to Lagos St Gregory obalende, recently redeemer's schools and the rest are proving they are the future hopes of quality education since government has failed.

Mr Peter Obi who gained from the missionary quality education, decided in his wisdom to hand over schools in anambra to the missionaries while government supervise and monitor the progress, the result is what u are seeing in Anambra today.

States like osun where the govt did the opposite by merging missionary and govt schools are witnessing downward educational performance. It's not magic.

Kudos Mr Peter Obi, posterity will remember u for the educational revolution u started in Anambra

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 30, 2014
passion007: This is surpra-anya-azu!

[size=18pt]Kaduna outperformed all the core Yoruba states![/size]
Wahala dey
shocked shocked shocked

Didn't it happen last WAEC also?
Kaduna and Benue always outperform Oyo,Osun and the others
If na to blab and praise sing ,dem go open mouth wide but ask them 1 plus 1,they will tell you the answer is 7 grin
Others are reading Eze goes to school and they are studying about Ifa and oduduwa that fell from the skies
See how quiet they have all become
If na fight now,they will release their naked lunatics to run amok

15 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Psylas(m): 5:20am On Aug 30, 2014
passion007: Also Ebonyi ate Ekiti for breakfast and de.fecated Oyo.

#saynotofreeeducation
i thought boko haram was joking when they said "western education is sin"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Faun: Even the Almajiri state of Kano performed better than Okpon Imo.

Spirit of the living God! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is true o
Kano did better than the triple zero states of Oyo,Osun and Ogun
Awolowo must be turning in his grave
These are children whose fathers got free education and scholarships o

I think it is that O (more like 0. )at the beginning of their name ,synonymous with nothingness grin

Anambra and abia start with A and are leading
To nu Ja

13 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Tolexander: 5:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Instead of many of you to look inward, find out what might have caused the less than average performance in your state, you are busy faulting the states placed at the table top.

Ask what the Governor and ministry of education in your state have been doing all the while.

11 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 30, 2014
Jonathan built almajiri schools in Oyo,Ogun,Ekiti and Osun
Are they not paying attention to what is being taught or what?
Sotay Kano state and Kaduna don surpass their pass rate

[size=28pt]I think the SW governors should start massive recruitment of teachers from Igboland and SS to teach their students[/size]
That is the only way to change this situation before they sink to single digits,some are already very close grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 5:34am On Aug 30, 2014
They keep giving excuses, while they are living on propaganda my people are proving that reality is the best answer to loudmouth propagandists who claim they are the brightest in Nigeria.

The unity school cut off mark for Anambra state pupils is the highest in Nigeria, yet the slots given to the state are always filled with many brilliant pupils who could not get in due to quota allocation limitation continue in missionary schools and still come out tops.

There is an extent to which u will continue to hold down the valve stopping volatile gas from escaping, the imminent explosion u get will be better imagined.

Let the propagandist continue living in the past, I love the silent revolution going on in every sector. Time will tell.

9 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 30, 2014
Arysexy: They keep giving excuses, while they are living on propaganda my people are proving that reality is the best answer to loudmouth propagandists who claim they are the brightest in Nigeria.

The unity school cut off mark for Anambra state pupils is the highest in Nigeria, yet the slots given to the state are always filled with many brilliant pupils who could not get in due to quota allocation limitation continue in missionary schools and still come out tops.

There is an extent to which u will continue to hold down the valve stopping volatile gas from escaping, the imminent explosion u get will be better imagined.

Let the propagandist continue living in the past, I love the silent revolution going on in every sector. Time will tell.

Since JAMB and WAEC started keeping statistics,all their lies have been debunked
They can't say those anymore because the stats don't support it
For years we heard Igbo men were all traders,drop out to learn trade
A Yoruba government official even had the guts to make that statement
Now we know better
Every result has shown SE leading followed by SS and some northern states ahead of the SW

I remember after we saw the last result with anambra and abia leading as usual some of them alleged it was due to magic centers until we produced an article to show the SW had more magic centers than all other regions
Hahahaha
They will soon come up with another reason

14 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43am On Aug 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

But the alleged miracle centers were closed long before this very exam,just to show that Anambra lead isnt a fluke.
Now,how many miracle center did Lagos close
Or dont they have one ??
Lol....

The Miracle center were closed soon as Obiano was sworn in and that was before the exam that produced this result took place.

Now,I ask again; How many miracle centers were closed in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria?
Stop acting dumb and answer my question.
Mechie onu nkapi gi ha! Post the link.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 5:49am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

Since JAMB and WAEC started keeping statistics,all their lies have been debunked
They can't say those anymore because the stats don't support it
For years we heard Igbo men were all traders,drop out to learn trade
A Yoruba government official even had the guts to make that statement
Now we know better
Every result has shown SE leading followed by SS and some northern states ahead if the SW

I remember the last result one person said it was due to magic centers until we produced an article to show the SW had more magic centers than all other regions

My sister don't mind them, most of these traders they call illiterates are graduates with some with MBA even. How do u explain an illiterate doing letter of credit with foreign banks during import transactions.

The truth is that an average igbo man does not have the patience of going through civil service, waiting for 35yrs of services to earn pension when he can set up a business, manage it and make it faster withing 10 to 15 yrs

9 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Are these not the same people that are withdrawn from various higher institutions on the ground of power academic performance?
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 30, 2014
Arysexy:

My sister don't mind them, most of these traders they call illiterates are graduates with some with MBA even. How do u explain an illiterate doing letter of credit with foreign banks during import transactions.

The truth is that an average igbo man does not have the patience of going through civil service, waiting for 35yrs of services to earn pension when he can set up a business, manage it and make it faster withing 10 to 15 yrs

I know some of them might see my elder bros at Alaba Intl and call him an illiterate, but this is a guy that got his B sc. In economics and recently pursuing his masters in business administration. A lie could be 1000 years but that doesn't mean its true when truth is unveiled. We are Igbos we are competitive.

13 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Noneroone(m): 6:13am On Aug 30, 2014
passion007:
With or without Obi, it would be exactly the same.

Without Orji, Abia is still number 2.

These successes are recorded in spite of government.
Peter Obi's asslickers want to hijack our success.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Are these not the same people that are withdrawn from various higher institutions on the ground of power academic performance?

Is that the new consolation line
Hahahahaha
Top ten states
4 are Igbo states,4 are SS,one from the north west -Kaduna then Lagos,a state with all persons represented
Not a single core Yoruba state showed face
Yet you folks will talk loudest and brag the most
U see am
Empty vessels making the most noise

13 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by eaglechild: 6:19am On Aug 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Are these not the same people that are withdrawn from various higher institutions on the ground of power academic performance?
Lol!

Keep deceiving yourself.

Better wake up to the reality, your lies have been uncovered.

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Noneroone(m): 6:19am On Aug 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Shut your mouth there,nwokem!
Why dont you start by asking where Anambra was before Obi came in.
Anambra has the best road network in the country isnt also because of Obi?
Do you know how many nursing and midwifery schools Obi built and accredited?
I dont have time for shortsighted fellows who cant see how they are being ripped off.
Dont spoil the show.

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
Lol!

Keep deceiving yourself.

Imagine Kano doing better than Oyo Osun and Ogun
How can area boys pass WAEC
This is a beautiful thread wallahi

When is NECO coming out ojare

7 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by jaybee3(m): 6:22am On Aug 30, 2014
It's funny and annoying how people are looking at the stats but yet failing to spot the worrying national average pass rate.
Besides, a true comparative analysis should take the national average into consideration by creating an expected pass rate with lower and upper confidence intervals.

The difference in denominator value varies considerably between states so it's somewhat lazy to just do a ratio and paint it as a true picture
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 30, 2014
jaybee3: It's funny and annoying how people are looking at the stats but yet failing to spot the worrying national average pass rate.
Besides, a true comparative analysis should take the national average into consideration by creating an expected pass rate with lower and upper confidence intervals.

The difference in denominator value varies considerably between states so it's somewhat lazy to just do a ratio and paint it as a true picture

Why don't you do that computation and tell us if that will move Osun from 19% pass rate to 99%

Teacher Nwa njoku

Will it change the reality that SW is bottom of the southern states?

Total number of students who passed regionally vs those who failed

South-West
Total numebr of Students: 400 445

130 365 passed vs 270 080 failed

33% vs 67%

South-East
Total number of Students: 184 970

118 985 passed vs 65 985 failed

64% vs 36%

South-South
Total number of students: 305 183

131 072 passed vs 174 111 failed

43% vs 57%

13 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26am On Aug 30, 2014
eaglechild:
Lol!

Keep deceiving yourself.

I was among the examiners who marked last WAEC. I know what I'm saying. I still remember how a team leader reacted when I was so strict in my marking.
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Daniel058(m): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2014
Collynzo16: If not for Ebonyi (placed 11th), all 5 South Eastern states would have been in the top 10.
Igbo kwenu!
Ebonyi isn't actually as poor as that nwanne...we have corrupt leaders and no one is able to challenge them...ebonyians 're among the most intelligent set of people in Naija..NWA ABAKALIKI DON UPGRADE

8 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by delard1285: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2014
I had the opportunity to do my nysc in anambra and i was posted to school whereby i was part of their waec and neco invigilation. There nairalander, i must tell you that these results statistics show wrong reflection to the performance of students from anambra state. They should return the result to waec immediately, there is God oo
Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2014
Arysexy:

1000 likes! The individualism of the Igbos is something I would hope my people from Cross River and Akwa Ibom will emulate. If Nigeria government should stop monthly allocation, Igbo/SE people will be the least to feel any effect from it since their wealth are mostly individual-based. They amass a great deal of individual wealth.

12 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2014
new2020: [b]You can only hold a people temporarily against their WILL. The Igbos have been held down in this country for too long; a war that delayed their divine emergence as the true face of Nigeria, a people who were carved the smallest land area of all regions in Nigeria with calculated intent to marginalize and stifle their divine dominance and leadership. In all, they accepted it in good faith. In less than 45 yrs, coming out of the war with virtually nothing, they have become the true face of Nigeria and lead in all strata of human achievement....individual wealth, education, business, number of technocrats in government and agencies, pageants, e.t.c. Coming from a Calabar man, you Igbos are the light of Nigeria, we fought and bled with you people during the war because we know that a country led by the Igbos, will bring about a new dawn in Africa. It's evident no region is a match to them. In the words of moses I say...let my people go! It's time to let the Igbos assume their divine position to lead this nation!

Congratulations to all SE and SS states![/b]

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 6:57am On Aug 30, 2014
delard1285: I have the oppotunity to do my nysc in anambra and this period i was posted to school whereby i was part of their waec and neco invigilation. There nairalander, i must tell you that this result statitic was a wrong reflection to the performance of students from anambra state. They should return the result to waec immediately, there is God in the result you are shearing.

With this ur English and wrong spellings, I wonder what u impacted on the students.

15 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Arysexy:

With this ur English and wrong spellings, I wonder what u impacted on the students.

Maybe he was teaching Yoruba and " invigilating" barrack kids

11 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by jazboy(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2014
The statistic does not really reflect the academic performance of the students,it only reflect the smartness of the students and teachers at examination malpratice and a little seriousness,if u passed out of secondary school more than five years ago u may not understand my view but the recent waec student will surely understand me better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2014
babyosisi:

Maybe he was teaching yoruba

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Arysexy(m): 7:07am On Aug 30, 2014
jazboy: The statistic does not really reflect the academic performance of the students,it only reflect the smartness of the students and teachers at examination malpratice and a little seriousness,if u passed out of secondary school more than five years ago u may not understand my view but the recent waec student will surely understand me better.

Smartness in exam malpractice? Do u want figures?

The last Cowbell mathematics quiz competition aired live by AIT has IMO students emerge top, did they also cheat on live tv?

7 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Mbediogu(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2014
IGBOSON1: Why does Anambra always carry first!? undecided

Imo needs to pull their socks up!

Those Eastern brothers States should should buckle up as a whole. I am happy that the schools the govt took over are returning to their owners. I am nostalgic about DMGS and CKC onitsha, CIC Enugu, WAPI and Hope Wadell Calabar, Methodist college Uzoakoli, SAGS Nkwerre, the Eastern Government colleges at Port Harcourt, Umuahia, Owerri (my alma mater), Afikpo, and Queens Enugu. And many others to many to list.
Before the 70s (govt take over), I am sure that a WAEC pass of anything less than 70% would not be celebrated excerpt with ashes and sackcloth. But here we are clinking classes for a whole Anambra with 35% failure. We even blamed NEPA for mass failure as if bulk of academic work at that level is nocturnal. Ndigbo tetanu nura. Chi ebogo!

6 Likes

Re: Statistics for WAEC 2014 by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Does Seun and moderators want us to scream to the top of our lungs before they will move this thread to the top of the page? This thread needs to stay #1 for at least 48 hrs...why place useless threads above this? Where are our priorities? [/size]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) / Daniel Nkemelu Has 7.0 CGPA As Unibadan's Best Graduating Student / Post UME Has Been Cancelled In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.