Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,105 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg (17727 Views)

Abuse Of Power By Lagos State Magistrate Funke Sule-hamzat / North Want Power By All Means To Control Oil - US Ambassador. / The.blatant Show Of Mod Power By Sexkillz And The Nysc Sectiion Mod• (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
philips70:

Maybe we had an e-fight. I stand no chance of being followed here on Nairaland because am almost of no political constituency. I say things as I see them not minding whose ox is gored. Nigeria can be great if the youths who own today and the near future shelve all forms of political chicanery and parochial cum ethnic interests. Nigeria needs genuine overhaul devoid of any regional, political and religious interests. I believe change agents are in Kaduna/Kano, Lagos/Oyo, Enugu/Abia, Rivers/Delta etc, in churches, mosques, juju houses and what other forms of religion around.

I'm of the same mind. Well, time will tell. I do follow members I don't agree with on everything, as long as they are intelligent. *shrug*
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by philips70(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
ujoinme:

My point is just as we have power generation challenges in Nigeria, SA also has its own power challenges even in the midst of their enormous generation capacity. you should present the whole side of the story and not pick only parts that fits your narrative.

Quite certain any heavily industrialized nation have some kind of power challenges. Mind you SA is in Africa and Nigeria have long been priding herself as the giant of Africa and recently taunting others with the biggest economy stuff via a rebased GDP. If you know the level of transparency, integrity and thoroughness it takes to generate and sustain a MW of electricity you will know where am coming from and give SA due recognition in this area.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by philips70(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm of the same mind. Well, time will tell. I do follow members I don't agree with on everything, as long as they are intelligent. *shrug*

That's OK. The operational word there "intelligent" is relative. But it's all good, let's keep the mind always open.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
philips70:

That's OK. The operational word there "intelligent" is relative. But it's all good, let's keep the mind always open.

Relative to the majority of what I see on here? Well, let's just say I'm not worried.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
freshness2020: is this one a joke or anoda story for the gods!
It have teyed oga!
Meanwhile ;
was about uploading this same pic. these people think we are fools. sadly, some of us are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by freshness2020: 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
koyyes:
was about uploading this same pic. these people think we are fools. sadly, some of us are.
Don't mind them broo... We keep records of ǻƪƪ their activities. Same recycled story!
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by rhames(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
We will hear it again in 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by duncan511: 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
ALL IS WELL
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by magicalkid: 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
ARE U STILL BROWSING WITH MONEY?, WE HAVE MADE IT EASY 4 U JUST REGISTER AT WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK AND GET UPDATES OF FREE BROWSING CHEATS AND TUTORIALS.(TUTORIALS ON HOW TO HACK 2GO WITH USERNAME,HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AND LASTEST ALL NETWORK CHEATS. HURRY NOW@WWW.ROYALSOLACE.TK
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Fortune10: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Thats how they u to talk every time but the light we are not seeing
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by coolcore: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
na today story that touches
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Alamyn90(m): 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Story story !
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Eniqurl(f): 12:19am On Aug 31, 2014
Same old shiii, we aint fools huh.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Joskiro50: 12:42am On Aug 31, 2014
acenazt: Me no like Johny and him Vp Nnamdi but true talk light don boku for my area. Even when rain dey pour sef light dey. Nw e dey hard for dem to carry light for Kaduna city.
undecided
acenazt: Me no like Johny and him Vp Nnamdi but true talk light don boku for my area. Even when rain dey pour sef light dey. Nw e dey hard for dem to carry light for Kaduna city.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by Joskiro50: 12:47am On Aug 31, 2014
Bullshits..!!
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by ideaz: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Prof. I will rather prefer you keep this as a surprise if you believe you can pull it off which I doubt. I will advise you make such promises with one city at a time not the whole nation. If you could give Nigerians 12 hours a day uninterrupted power supply, you will forever be remembered
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by knowledge4(m): 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
October 2014,Impossible!
Such promises were made in the past that were in vain
What logistics are on ground now that makes the October deadline to be feasible?
Nigerians should not be expecting 24 hour power supply because Nigeria cannot realize it to cover all the nook and cranny in the country.
The Distribution companies should strive to guarantee 6 to 12 hours power daily and ensure an even distribution
Many Nigerians seeking for 24 hour power cannot pay for it and do not really need it.
Much of it is often wasted for example putting on security bulbs in the day.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by ujoinme: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
philips70:

Quite certain any heavily industrialized nation have some kind of power challenges. Mind you SA is in Africa and Nigeria have long been priding herself as the giant of Africa and recently taunting others with the biggest economy stuff via a rebased GDP. If you know the level of transparency, integrity and thoroughness it takes to generate and sustain a MW of electricity you will know where am coming from and give SA due recognition in this area.

No one is denying that in the short term that SA generation capacity is higher than that of nigeria, but SA energy sector is wholesomely own by the SA government and we know how inefficient govt. parastatals are and already as i pointed out earlier the SA energy sector is under a lot of strain presently and in the long term it future dosent look so bright.

Secondly SA also uses nuclear reactors to generate part of its electricity a technology i would prefer is kept out of Africa espercially in light of the nuclear dissaster that occured in Japan recently,and also SA depends largely on coal for its energy, which is not entirely environmentally friendly.
Nigeria, on the other hand in the short term:Its energy sector looks bleek because of low generation capacity, But in the long term Nigerias energy future looks brighter than SA because Nigeria has successfully unbundled/privatize its energy sector which will make it more efficient than the Government ran SA energy sector. and the choice of fuel for nigeria energy is gas which is not only environmentally friendly but is a resource that Nigeria has in Abundance,Nigeria is one of largest reserve of gas in the world.
And if in the future Nigeria also decides to utilize the not so environmentally friendly fuel ie Coal for power generation, Nigeria also has large reserves/deposits of coal that it can tap cheaply.

So my point is for you to be objective in your analysis of energy sector in both countries and not just regurgitate statistics that favour your myopic analysis.
Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by philips70(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2014
ujoinme:

No one is denying that in the short term that SA generation capacity is higher than that of nigeria, but SA energy sector is wholesomely own by the SA government and we know how inefficient govt. parastatals are and already as i pointed out earlier the SA energy sector is under a lot of strain presently and in the long term it future dosent look so bright.

Secondly SA also uses nuclear reactors to generate part of its electricity a technology i would prefer is kept out of Africa espercially in light of the nuclear dissaster that occured in Japan recently,and also SA depends largely on coal for its energy, which is not entirely environmentally friendly.
Nigeria, on the other hand in the short term:Its energy sector looks bleek because of low generation capacity, But in the long term Nigerias energy future looks brighter than SA because Nigeria has successfully unbundled/privatize its energy sector which will make it more efficient than the Government ran SA energy sector. and the choice of fuel for nigeria energy is gas which is not only environmentally friendly but is a resource that Nigeria has in Abundance,Nigeria is one of largest reserve of gas in the world.
And if in the future Nigeria also decides to utilize the not so environmentally friendly fuel ie Coal for power generation, Nigeria also has large reserves/deposits of coal that it can tap cheaply.

So my point is for you to be objective in your analysis of energy sector in both countries and not just regurgitate statistics that favour your myopic analysis.

It's either you are dull or you just want to satisfy your e-quota to please the obvious. Everything you wrote up there makes you more myopic and tends to show you do not know the reason why you are still generating this low and your ministers still appear on TV and pages of newspapers to celebrate the shame. It's people of your ilk commanding affairs in this nation so it's not surprising why we are here and might remain here for a long time until Nigerians become wise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg by nairalanda1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
Up till now, no power for 24 hours because the government did not let the sector make enough money.

Nine years , waiting 9 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pepsi Truck Crashes After A Brake Failure, This Morning, In Agbani, Enugu / Dead Mermaid Found In Malaysia After Tsunamiand Adorn / Man Crush By Mast In Lagos (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.