Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt (1987 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Was “not” Cured Of Ebola(the Doctor Never Had Ebola) / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Late doctor knew diplomat had Ebola virus – Govt

August 30, 2014 by Simon Utebor 15 Comments

The Rivers State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Samson Parker, says the late Dr. Samuel Enemou, who treated Olu Koye, a Nigerian diplomat with the Economic Community of West African States, was aware that the diplomat was a carrier of the deadly Ebola virus.

The commissioner stated this during a press conference in Port Harcourt on Friday evening.

Parker said, “He had received the late Dr. Patrick Sawyer in Lagos. Upon developing the symptom, confided in a female colleague, called Lilian, who contacted the late Enemuo. It was after contact was established with Dr. Enemuo that Olu Koye flew to Port Harcourt to see him.

“To conceal his movement, Koye, who had been quarantined among other people for having primary contact with the late Dr. Sawyer, the Liberian-American who transmuted the Ebola virus into Nigeria, sneaked out of the isolation unit where he was being observed and took a flight to Port Harcourt and switched off his phone so that he could not be reached or traced should he answer a call.”

On arrival in Port Harcourt, he said Koye checked into Mandate Gardens, a local hotel in the Rumunokoro area in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area.

The hotel is within the Rumunokoro area where Dr. Enemuo’s private health facility, Sam Steel Clinic is located.

Parker added, “From what we have gathered so far, Dr. Enemuo, knowing that Koye was positive of the Ebola virus took some measures of precaution to protect himself while treating Koye.

“Knowing the enormity of what he was doing, Enemuo upon Koye’s departure for Lagos, poured bleach all over the room that Koye slept in order to sanitise the place.”

He said the deceased, after having developed the symptom, approached a colleague for treatment at Good Heart Hospital along Evo Road in G.R.A.

He said Enemuo did not tell the doctor that was treating him the truth, stressing that he merely told him that he had fever.

Parker said, “He lied. He did not tell the doctor that was treating him his full story. But the doctor, a nice and conscientious professional, suspected that Enemuo was either hiding something or was suffering from a strange ailment because he proved negative to malaria, fever and typhoid fever.

“To be sure of what he was doing, he spoke to other very experienced doctors about the strange case he was handling in his hospital.”

The commissioner said the doctor treating Enemuo even invited some his colleagues to come over to his hospital to study Enemuo’s medical history.

He said because the news of the Ebola virus was all everywhere, those he called were afraid to honour the invitation.

Parker added that none of them showed up at the hospital where Enemuo was being treated, stressing that Enemuo’s condition continued to deteriorate until he died after which body was taken to the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital.

The commissioner also declared that the advent of the dreaded Ebola virus in the state was currently posing a challenge, saying the development was tantamount to a war time situation.

He said the Rivers State governor, Mr. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, had pledged to provide funds to enable the state to procure all relevant materials as well as the services of medical experts from Nigeria and abroad to contain the virus.

Parker also said 60 more people who had secondary contacts with Koye were quarantined last night, bringing the total so far to 100.

http://www.punchng.com/news/late-doctor-knew-diplomat-had-ebola-virus-govt/
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by purplesummer(f): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2014
This Enemuo of a doctor is bereft of conscience. He did not even consider the lives of his own very family!
The diplomat was probably referred to the doctor because of his notoriety for shady deals.

6 Likes

Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 30, 2014
i dont bknow whether i would say dr enemuo was greedy or plainly stupid!!!
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 7:48am On Aug 30, 2014
The doctor is the architect of his own death.
Pdp thinks amaechi is the reason though.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by gramci: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Ekwensu
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Demdem2: The doctor is the architect of his own death.
DemDem dem don ban you? cheesy
Me think the doctor is notorious for doing shady deals/acts. He's the architect of his own Death!!! As for the Diplomat, he should be charged
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2014

demdem!!! if you no mention PDP u no go sleep well for night
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 30, 2014
This doctor is devilish
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: De-mDem dem don ban you? cheesy
Me think the doctor is notorious for doing shady deals/acts. He's the architect of his own Death!!! As for the Diplomat, he should be charged

I miss you... how you dey? grin
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by BrokenTV: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2014
You are very stupid wetin carry PDP enter this thread,
AT TOPIC
this a very big shame that a Doctor that know the full implications of this diseases, goes ahead to ignore all protocol, because of money, risking the life of his family members and the general public.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

I miss you... how you dey? grin
Bro I'm good and you? Longest tym
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by gunuvi(m): 8:27am On Aug 30, 2014
the part that no other doctor honoured Dr emeruo invitation got me laughing .
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

demdem!!! if you no mention PDP u no go sleep well for night

My ibo friend, the killer party is the curse governing the nation at the center. Only fools will ignore their stupidity.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by vedd: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2014
The doctor is not different from that crazy Liberian

1 Like

Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: DemDem dem don ban you? cheesy

Well on point.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2014
BrokenTV:
You are very stupid wetin carry PDP enter this thread,
AT TOPIC
this a very big shame that a Doctor that know the full implications of this diseases, goes ahead to ignore all protocol, because of money, risking the life of his family members and the general public.

Broken record, I can see that u are ashamed by the stance taken by ur fellow killer members.
Goon, pdp brought itself to the topic by politicising it.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Firefire(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: Bro I'm good and you? Longest tym

I am fine as always:

I am on sabbatical on NL... just hoping to resume fully soonest.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2014
Demdem2:

My ibo friend, the killer party is the curse governing the nation at the center. Only fools will ignore their stupidity.

Bros notin concern politricks with this thread!! Anyway I wish u Goodluck on ur new moniker
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Demdem2:

Well on point.

1.Greedy doctor

2. insensitive government that someone would escape to ph via flight and would not be able to track him immediately without even allow him to board a plane.
Again why can't they make public announcements about the escaped diplomat immediately he left quarantine centre without permission? At least someone would have tracked him down where he might be hiding. Is it just because he is a diplomat? At least they told us about the nurse that travelled to the eastern part.
3.Wicked diplomats that really knew what they are doing.
4.Compromised health worker that allow the diplomat to escape quarantine centre.
I hope ph case will not be worst than that of lagos because it is getting complicated.

And who knows for those that like short time in Hotels, God helps you, you have been given the same room of the diplomat after he left severally to do your 'toi toi' action, you and your so called lovers are in deep poooo. I pray you don't catch ebola? And the infection continues..
See why I said it might be complicated than lagos well well.

2 Likes

Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 8:47am On Aug 30, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros notin concern politricks with this thread!! Anyway I wish u Goodluck on ur new moniker

Nna meen, u lot were surprisingly no where to be found on that thread and I needed to hear u guys opinion. It's all about ebola which the killer party thinks amaechi should be held responsible.
If this thread isn't about politics then it shouldn't be on politics section instead take ur thread to health section.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

I am fine as always:

I am on sabbatical on NL... just hoping to resume fully soonest.

pls resume faaaaaast.... I can't wait to see you declare for the APC-the pdp as a party is alien to you
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Demdem2: 8:55am On Aug 30, 2014
4bobo:

I hope ph case will not be worst than that of lagos because it is getting complicated.

Believe u me, that's my prayer against such now. Already I was made to understand that a mega rally of killer members all over south south are currently converging in PH in celebration of Jonathan. U can imagine such foolishness in a city where ebola just broke. These fools will contact it and spread it to their states.
This doctor secretly kept it under warps for weeks and one can't imagine the rippling effects and damages throughout these weeks.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Amanwulu1(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2014
and his family is on d verge of being wiped out. God have mercy!
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2014
I think that Ibukun Koye of a guy and his fellow accomplices should be prosecuted!! Whichever diplomatic immunity he wields should be scrapped
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Firefire(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: pls resume faaaaaast.... I can't wait to see you declare for the APC-the pdp as a party is alien to you

barcanista! barcanista!! barcanista!!! how many times I call you. Unless APC change tatics they are lossing more to the dreaded party.

If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."

- W. L. Bateman
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Firefire(m): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2014
Amanwulu1: and his family is on d verge of being wiped out. God have mercy!

Amen!
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Firefire:

barcanista! barcanista!! barcanista!!! how many times I call you. Unless APC change tatics they are lossing more to the dreaded party.

If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got."

- W. L. Bateman

3 times. The APc is no way perfect we all knw that. But I see a party of bountiful opportunities. I agree wt u that we need change in our political institutions , APC provide such platform but pdp as at now doesn't av that willingness to change. Join hands let's build APC to the party of everybody's dream
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by Firefire(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: 3 times. The APc is no way perfect we all knw that. But I see a party of bountiful opportunities. I agree wt u that we need change in our political institutions , APC provide such platform but pdp as at now doesn't av that willingness to change. Join hands let's build APC to the party of everybody's dream

ekete mụ egule - many condition attached...
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by PassingShot(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2014
Imagine a medical doctor secretly treating an EVD patient in a hotel thinking that he was being smart by hiding the case for financial gain or whatever. Had he taken the professional route by informing the appropriate authorities, he might still be alive instead of wasting his own life as a result of his unprofessional stunt.

1 Like

Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by UnknownT: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2014
That doc go dey do abortion join. Rumor had it that he was paid 10million by d diplomat
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by PassingShot(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2014
chukwudi44: i dont bknow whether i would say dr enemuo was greedy or plainly stupid!!!

Both. When you're greedy, you will behave silly.
Re: Late Doctor Knew Diplomat Had Ebola Virus – Govt by PassingShot(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2014
UnknownT: That doc go dey do abortion join. Rumor had it that he was paid 10million by d diplomat

If na true, make he go spend am for the world beyond now that he's no more. Unprofessional, inconsiderate and a greedy doctor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana President Visits Queen Elizabeth - Photos / Many Nigerian leaders Were Criminals In Foreign Lands / SAINTS OR SINNERS: 21 Facts About Buharis 21 Ministerial Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.