Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk (12364 Views)

Lets Talk Node.js / You Study/you're Studying Computer Science In Nigeria. Please Lets Talk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Gbengaslc: 4:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hello,
i would be going for a 6 months internship by June, i would like to work in a firm where data science is used or under data scientist. Please does anyone here knows a firm that i can apply to?
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Ezelexis: 9:48am On Jan 19, 2018
Gbengaslc:
Hello,
i would be going for a 6 months internship by June, i would like to work in a firm where data science is used or under data scientist. Please does anyone here knows a firm that i can apply to?

Bro, any luck? Just like you, I will be due for a 6-month internship by April. Where did you do yours? Any advice on where I can I apply?

2 Likes

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by nowpresence(f): 6:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
BossTtdiamonds:
A proficient R user here...
Ever since I dated R I've been deeply in love with the language....

Just love the flow of things in it..and how I can do whatever I please....
Good evening
I am having trouble installing ggplot2 on R language. My version is 3.42
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
nowpresence:

Good evening
I am having trouble installing ggplot2 on R language. My version is 3.42

What Problems exactly? Can you post the error logs here?
You might also want to check your code as "R" is strongly typed i.e. case sensitive.
A != a, the reverse is also true.

The correct code would be:
 install.packages("ggplot2" ) 
NB: the extra space after
"
is not required, this is just to prevent Nland from converting the concatenated
" )
into the smiley "wink
or you could trail the long path and point to a particular repo
install.packages("ggplot2", dependencies=TRUE, repos='http://cran.rstudio.com/')

This of course is a bug with R where sometimes the Repository being pointed at might not have the intended package you want to install.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by JobsInIT: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2018
Hello team,

We are hiring data scientists.

Kindly mail resumes to recruiter@dipolediamond.com if you would like to know more about this opportunity

@omoor; @urine; @lum1; @kagawa; @everydayperson; @fadman4real; @foldl; @innarticles; @SLIM4; @umaryusuf; @toheebDOTcom; kindly refer candidates if you can.

Thank you all
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Ezelexis: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2018
JobsInIT:
Hello team,

We are hiring data scientists.

Kindly mail resumes to recruiter@dipolediamond.com if you would like to know more about this opportunity

@omoor; @urine; @lum1; @kagawa; @everydayperson; @fadman4real; @foldl; @innarticles; @SLIM4; @umaryusuf; @toheebDOTcom; kindly refer candidates if you can.

Thank you all

Hello @JobsInIT, Are there opportunities for Data Science interns as well, or strictly experienced hires?
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by ChiomaDSA: 5:21pm On May 06, 2018
We are Data Science Accelerators.
Get your career to the Next level ( Locally and Internationally)

PROGRAMMES

Data Science
Online Network Analysis
Statistics
Predictive & Forecasting Analytics
Business Analytics with R
Fraud Analytics
Credit Scoring
HR Analytics

BENEFITS

1.Become an Industry expert
2. Continous and Life Mentorship.
3.Automatic employment ( Offer valid for those registered between June and September 2018)
4. Flexible lecture classes (offline and online)
5.Be employable within and outside Nigeria.

You can WhatsApp me on 0802 093 2792 to add you to the group or use OR you can use the link below

https:///1tNWQ5G0xIrDsTDofeaFT1
www.dsa.com.ng

We will Discuss your need and point you to the right programme that you need.
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by michade(m): 2:30am On Oct 09, 2018
BossTtdiamonds:

What Problems exactly? Can you post the error logs here?
You might also want to check your code as "R" is strongly typed i.e. case sensitive.
A != a, the reverse is also true.

The correct code would be:
 install.packages("ggplot2" ) 
NB: the extra space after is not required, this is just to prevent Nland from converting the concatenated into the smiley "wink
or you could trail the long path and point to a particular repo
install.packages("ggplot2", dependencies=TRUE, repos='http://cran.rstudio.com/')

This of course is a bug with R where sometimes the Repository being pointed at might not have the intended package you want to install.

Good morning sir, I'm interested in becoming a data scientist, can I be under your tutelage?. How do I contact you?.
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Nicolars(m): 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ezelexis:

Bro, any luck? Just like you, I will be due for a 6-month internship by April. Where did you do yours? Any advice on where I can I apply?
hey bro, did you get to do your IT where data science is used
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by crunchyDope(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
everydayperson:
I think I became a data scientist before the term became a buzzword.

I started using data visualization tools since 1999 SoftwareFX ChartFX COM - softwarefx.com
I gathered NSE data since 1997 till date and used SPSS to perform predictive analysis on stock prices and market indices and trades.
I ultimately settled for SAS + JMP for my Data Analysis Operations.

Out of the blue.. i hear it is now a HOT FIELD.. Thank God for small mercies

pls how did u get the nse data?
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2018
Data Science isn't really developed in Nigeria, to really enjoy the benefits of the job you might have to look outside the country.

I'm more focused on ML and its applications in AI, but anyone good in ML has to be also good in data science, so yh I've been working on my DS skills.
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Ejiod(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2018
Darivie04:
Data Science isn't really developed in Nigeria, to really enjoy the benefits of the job you might have to look outside the country.

I'm more focused on ML and its applications in AI, but anyone good in ML has to be also good in data science, so yh I've been working on my DS skills.
Exactly! U nailed it. No one value python or R in data analysis here In naija.its only Excel n SPSS dey mostly use.
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:15am On Oct 14, 2018
michade:

Good morning sir, I'm interested in becoming a data scientist, can I be under your tutelage?. How do I contact you?.
Where do you stay at? North, Central, East, West or South
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by michade(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2018
BossTtdiamonds:

Where do you stay at? North, Central, East, West or South

I stay in Lagos , Agege axis..you can contact me on oluwaseunadeniji.m@gmail.com..Thanks

1 Like

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Emahnie(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2019
Please anyone with knowledge of Rstudio, I'm in dire need
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Twirelex: 9:34am On Apr 09, 2019
Emahnie:
Please anyone with knowledge of Rstudio, I'm in dire need
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by BoostPR: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good day people
do you need a good domain name for your business or school
at qservers we got you covered
You can get a. com.ng domain name for 1k
Pls visit this link to purchase
https://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=1925

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by trytillmake(m): 11:02am On Apr 12, 2019
A-Z of DATA SCIENCE get videos for a token amount, check my signature for number
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Adeniyii2017: 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
MoAfrica:
Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century....according to Harvard Business Review....
The profession is still very new, many companies in the world now are recruiting these guys and they are among the highest paid professionals.
For you to be a Data Scientist you require the following skills below...
Introduction : The overall function of the Data Scientist role is to frame and solve business problems, and pursue business opportunities through a data-centric approach. This approach involves various processes, which include the capture and cleaning of data; the analysis and interpretation of data; and the communication of insights to various partners in IT and Business
Minimum Requirements :
An appropriate degree (preferably Post-Graduate degree) in one or more of Computer Science; Statistics; Mathematics; Software Engineering; Informatics; Economics; or similar
Full Description :
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
MFrame Problem/Opportunity & Capture Data
Collaborate with scientific colleagues to define the data modeling goals for designated project areasa
Lead the data acquisition, data mining, and overall project management duties related to one or more existing analytics project areas
Partner with Business to identify inefficiencies and potential root causes��
Analytics and Data Modeling
o • Translate Business problem into tractable analytical problem, relaying results in common business language with managerial implicationsâ?¨
o • Develop and analyze analytical data sets, creating meaningful visualizations�â?¨
o • Design and implement creative approaches to predictive modeling problemsâ?¨
o • Perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activitiesâ?¨â?¨
o • Partner with IT to effectively migrate analytical models from prototype to productionâ?¨
o Drive adoption and application of analytical model results with business partners, ensuring benefits realised
* Communications
o Create and deliver Business-oriented insights as to where the problems/opportunities lie and how resources may best be allocated to engage with those

EXPERIENCE
1. Frame Problem/Opportunity & Capture Data
* Business Domain Expertise and Knowledge
o Experience in a specific Business domain
o Ability to ask pertinent questions
o Ability to understand the nuances of domain-specific data
* Programming and Database skills
o Ability to use Hadoop; Java; Python; SQL; Hive; and Pig
o Ability to do Web-Programming in HTML; CSS; or Javascript
o Ability to conduct data mining, machine learning and text analysis
* Data Modeling, Warehouse, and Unstructured Data Skills
o Sound understanding of differences between structured and semi-structured data
o Ability to leverage a star-schemed data structure
o Ability to carry out data staging and work with unstructured data
o Ability to use ETL tools such as Informatica, MS SSIS, MS OLAP; Teradata bulk loading tools, etc.
2.Analytics & Data
* Statistical Tool Skills
o Ability to use R; Excel; SAS; MatLab, or other tools to piece together your propositions and discover potential patterns
* Math skills
o Understanding of correlation, multivariate regression and all aspects of massaging data
3.Communicate
* Visualization Tool Skills
o Ability to use Flare; HighCharts; AmCharts; Google Visualization API; Tableau; Excel; PowerPoint, etc.
* Storytelling Skills
o Excellent communication and presentation skills
o Ability to weave a coherent, compelling narrative around the available data
GENERAL COMPETENCIES
* Passionate about the role of data and analytics in problem-solving
* Extreme attention to detail; disciplined; accurate
* Resilience
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Proactive and innovative with inclination to experiment
* Empathic towards internal and external customers
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by EngrBouss(m): 11:12am On Apr 14, 2019
Hi guys,

I want to train heatmap datasets from a sensor to identify human presence. What machine learning algorithm would work best.

Thanks
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Orion21: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
everydayperson:

I started using data visualization tools since 1999 SoftwareFX ChartFX COM - softwarefx.com
I gathered NSE data since 1997 till date and used SPSS to perform predictive analysis on stock prices and market indices and trades.

what software can u use to do this now?
If it were possible to develop an investment model/predictive analysis for the financial markets.
can u share your opinion
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by wman(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
Following.
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Olafisoyem: 9:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
Urine:

It's an interesting field, but to sit at the table with the big boys in naija, you have to tilt more towards Data Analysis. In the past one month there has been a lot of Data Analysis related vacancies. That said, there's nothing as cool as predictive analysis...makes you feel like a god.

So I use scala and Hadoop on a daily basis. Are there any good jobs or freelance work that one can do?
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Olafisoyem: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
everydayperson:

Do you work as a staff at a company or freelance?

Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
crunchyDope:

pls how did u get the nse data?

Developed software for a stockbroker which downloaded data from their modem-based system way-back and when it was migrated to the website.

Sorry just coming to this now
Re: Data Scientists In Nigeria, Lets Talk by crunchyDope(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
everydayperson:

Developed software for a stockbroker which downloaded data from their modem-based system way-back and when it was migrated to the website.

Sorry just coming to this now
ok, is it still functioning?

(1) (2) (Reply)

ALX Virtual Assistant Program / Trying To Run Php Project After Installing Wamp Server / The Future Of Machine Learning In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.