Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: (7815 Views)

List Of 5 Oils For Hair Growth / Front Hair Growth / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Apple Cider Vinegar:

Why?

The vinegar gently cleanses the scalp and maintains the PH balance of the hair accelerating hair growth.

How To Use:

Wash your hair
Use apple cider vinegar as a final rinse after washing your hair to get healthy and shiny hair.
For 1 litre of solution – mix 75ml of apple cider vinegar to one litre of water
You may store this entirely or make it smaller batches.
For smaller quantities, take 15 ml of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of warm filtered water
After washing your hair, using this cup of water as the final rinse.

Egg Mask:
This home remedy is found to be a part of the many cultures all over the world with different variations.

Why?

It contains high levels of proteins which help in the formation of new hair. It is also rich insulphur, zinc, iron, selenium, phosphorous and iodine.

How To Use:
Take the white of one egg
Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey to it
Mix it all well to form a smooth paste
Apply it all over your hair carefully and leave it for 20 minutes
Rinse with cool water and shampoo it off.
Not just for hair, you can use egg masks to get glowing skin too

Fenugreek:

This is another widely used home remedy for treating hair fall.

Why?
Fenugreek accelerates hair growth and protects the natural colour of your hair.

How To Use:
Take 1 teaspoon of the fenugreek paste
Add 2 teaspoons of coconut milk to it
Apply it all over your hair and scalp
Leave it on for 30 minutes
Wash off with a mild shampoo

Potato Juice:

This is a secret home remedy. Most people are not familiar with the hair growth properties of potato juice.

Why?
Potato is rich in Vitamin A, B and C. These are essential for healthy hair. This can be used even if you are suffering from alopecia i.e. thinning of hair.

How To Use:

Place potato in an extractor for juicing
Apply the potato juice on the scalp
Leave it on for 15 minutes
Wash off using mild shampoo
Potato is good for use as face packs too.

Henna Pack:

Henna is very well known as a natural conditioner. It is also good for hair growth.

Why?

It transforms dull and dry hair to smooth and shiny hair and adds colour too. It promotes hair growth by strengthening the roots of your hair.

How To Use:

Make a pack by mixing 1 cup of dry henna powder with ½ cup of yoghurt
Apply it all over your hair from root to tip.
Leave the pack until it dries off completely
Wash off with a mild shampo

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sissie: Apple Cider Vinegar:

Egg Mask:

Fenugreek:

Potato Juice:

Henna Pack:

All these are to be used together or any of these solutions?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 11:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
Empiree: All these are to be used together or any of these solutions?

They are to be used separately.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2014
Sissie:

Okay, thanks. Are they independent of each other?. That's, use only one procedure?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2014
Empiree: Okay, thanks. Are they independent of each other?. That's, use only one procedure?

They are independent of each other, use only one procedure at a time.
Each procedures can be done at different times by the same person.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2014
Sissie:

They are independent of each other, use only one procedure at a time.
Each procedures can be done at different times by the same person.
Beautiful cheesy
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 6:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
Original, organic and raw Apple Cider Vinegar is a bit expensive than grade A and others. The bottle is small (16oz). It's even more expensive on eBay when i checked it out last night. This is it on the left side but that's not the price you see in the picture. I just put them there to take pix.

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
Empiree: Original, organic and raw Apple Cider Vinegar is a bit expensive than grade A and others. The bottle is small (16oz). It's even more expensive on eBay when i checked it out last night. This is it on the left side but that's not the price you see in the picture. I just put them there to take pix.

the raw unfiltered is more expensive and better, but the others work well too.

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
What are success rate of these procedures?. Have ever heard positive remarks on them?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 11:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: What are success rate of these procedures?. Have ever heard positive remarks on them?

I do the ACV rinse, I use eggs for my hair for protein treatment, i use fenugreek oil and just got the powder (I use it as a spice for cooking but intend trying it out) so personally i can tell you it works.

i have read great reviews about henna and potato juice.

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
5 . Hibiscus Flower (zobo):

Hibiscus flower is another home remedy for hair growth.
Why?
Hibiscus is truly said to be the “flower of hair care.” This flower is used for curing dandruff and enhancing hair growth. It also thickens the hair and prevents pre-mature ageing.

How To Use:
Make a paste of the hibiscus flower with coconut oil or sesame oil
Apply it on your hair evenly.
Rinse with a mild shampoo.

6 Coconut oil:

This is the best natural conditioner for hair. It has been used for centuries now.

Why?

Rich in proteins and potassium, coconut oil keeps your scalp healthy; promotes the growth of new hair and repairs damaged hair. It also reduces dandruff, hair breakage and hair loss. Coconut oil is also used as a pre-conditioning hair treatment for damaged hair. It acts as a moisturiser and strengthens the hair shaft from the root, thus preventing breakage. It keeps the scalp well-nourished and moisturised. Use coconut hot oil treatment for effective results.
7 Rosemary oil:

In use mostly in the middle eastern countries. It is prepared from the distillation of the rosemary herb.
Why?

Rosemary oil increases the cell division and expands the blood vessels, thus stimulating the blood circulation. It increases the hair growth and also acts as a hair tonic.

You can use rosemary oil by mixing it with your shampoo or conditioner. You can also massage your scalp with it by combining it with other essential oils like olive oil or tea tree oil.

8 Olive oil:
Every beauty enthusiast is familiar with the health and the beauty benefits of the olive oil. Olive oil is used in face packs, face masks, scrubs, body oils, hair tonic etc.

Why?

Olive oil helps in preventing as well as curing hair loss. It stimulates the formation of new hair. Regular use of olive oil prevents the formation of DTH hormone and thus facilitates hair growth. Rich in antioxidants, it is beneficial for overall hair health. Olive oil also acts as a natural conditioner by making your hair soft and silky.

How To Use:

Include olive oil in your daily diet
Use it as a pre-shampoo treatment.
You can also mix it with lavender, sage and rosemary oil for hot oil treatment.

9 Castor Oil:

Castor oil is one of the most beneficial oils that can make your hair grow faster, stronger and lustrous. It is claimed to be the best natural treatment for hair growth.

Why?
It is known to boost hair growth while reducing the possible bald patches.

How To Use:
Make a hot oil massage treatment with indirectly warmed up castor oil.
Use it on clean scalp for at least 20 minutes before going to shower.
Massage it well.
Wrap up your hair in a warm moist towel and keep it on for 20 minutes.

to learn how to do hot oiling read
https://www.nairaland.com/1863982/diy-treatments-hair-skin#25910408

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Are you hairdresser by profession?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Empiree: Are you hairdresser by profession?

Not an hair dresser but I run a natural hair and skin care product company. you can read my other thread for more info.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
salaam. what do you think is the cause of bald head apart from pedigree?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Empiree: salaam. what do you think is the cause of bald head apart from pedigree?

Salaam, It depends on the baldness, mostly gene and autoimmune disease. But I also read stress can be a contributing factor.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by trisha01(f): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2014
I jus did d big chop-up, any idea on how to make my hair re-grow faster?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by MissyKwnly: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sissie:
Apple Cider Vinegar:

Why?

The vinegar gently cleanses the scalp and maintains the PH balance of the hair accelerating hair growth.

How To Use:

Wash your hair
Use apple cider vinegar as a final rinse after washing your hair to get healthy and shiny hair.
For smaller quantities, take 15 ml of apple cider vinegar and add it to a cup of warm filtered water

Egg Mask:
This home remedy is found to be a part of the many cultures all over the world with different variations.

Why?

It contains high levels of proteins which help in the formation of new hair. It is also rich insulphur, zinc, iron, selenium, phosphorous and iodine.

How To Use:

Fenugreek:

Why?

How To Use:

Potato Juice:

This is a secret home remedy. Most people are not familiar with the hair growth properties of potato juice.

Why?
Potato is rich in Vitamin A, B and C. These are essential for healthy hair. This can be used even if you are suffering from alopecia i.e. thinning of hair.

How To Use:

Henna Pack:

Henna is very well known as a natural conditioner. It is also good for hair growth.

Why?

It transforms dull and dry hair to smooth and shiny hair and adds colour too. It promotes hair growth by strengthening the roots of your hair.

How To Use:

hi, wia can i get fenugreek?
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
Oh didnt know this is a registered and established natural hair growth company. I just came across your blog and website?.

But a little disappointed though. Why not place price and full descriptions on each category. The pictures are just like image without much information.

Or maybe you need to send me your direct website. Thanks
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Happistiz: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
https://www.facebook.com/OrganicHerbalBambooNigeria/

Bamboo Tea – Rich in Organic Silica- for Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails- 30 Day Challenge!
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
TAKE THE 30 DAY BAMBOO TEA CHALLENGE!Did you know that some varieties of bamboo can grow up to 3 feet a day?!Enjoy the Essence of the fastest growing plant in the world!Light, delicious Bamboo Tea rich in silica and is a great addition to your beauty regimen. Your hair, skin and nails will thank you.Silica promotes collagen formation and helps support strong nails, healthy hair, and glowing skin.Each tea bag has enough bamboo power to be re-steeped for additional enjoyment.Drink Beautifully. TAKE THE BAMBOO TEA 30 DAY CHALLENGE!
Features
BAMBOO TEA CONTAINS SILICA- Silica can help promote healthy hair, skin and nails
DELICIOUS TASTING- This light flavored tea tastes great without any sugar. You will enjoy every cup
30 DAY SUPPLY- Enjoy one tea bag a day that you can resteep for additonal enjoyment.
YOUR BEAUTY SECRET- Promote health and beauty simply by drinking a delicious cup of tea. Make it a part of your beauty routine.
HEALTHIER HAIR- Many of our amazing customers reorder the tea over and over again because of the wonderful benefits they’ve experienced with their hair, skin and nails. You must try this!
What is silica rich bamboo tea?
Bamboo tea is a light refreshing tea made from the leaves & stems of young bamboo plants.
The bamboo plant is the fastest growing tree in the world. Some varieties can grow as much as 3 feet in a day. Bamboo is also known for its strength. It’s been said that, pound for pound, bamboo has greater tensile strength than steel. Imagine drinking the wonderful properties of this amazing plant.
Horsetail tea has 5-8% silica versus the bamboo plant which is made up of 70% silica. This makes bamboo tea a powerful hair, skin and nails supplement when consumed daily.
Check out what this customer had to say on a popular forum:
Default Re: Biotin, Silica or MSM — does one work better?
I agree with what the previous posters said about silica. Have not tried biotin as a supplement on its own to form an opinion. I have been using MSM for over a year and although I love MSM for the internal health benefits plus softening of new growth, however, it had no impact in lessening the shedding and breakage. I recently went through a period of intense shedding and subsequent breakage brought on by the use of Wen. I tried a bunch of things, henna, cassia, black tea rinses, garlic conditioners and although I saw some reduced shedding, none of these stopped the shedding completely until I incorporated silica in my diet by drinking bamboo tea. As stated above, bamboo has high levels of silica. I started drinking bamboo leaf tea approx 30 days ago and the result was immediate. Over time, I noticed that my hair felt stronger, less fragile and prone to breakage and the shedding has completely stopped. My wash day has seen significant decrease in breakage when detangling. My nails also grew like weeds. Best of all the bamboo tea taste so nice and mild that I can drink cup a day which is enjoyable to me. I purchased the bamboo leaf tea from a blogger named Nadege over at relaxed hair health. Here is the link if you’re interested…http://organicherbalbamboo..co.uk/. If you visit the site, you’ll find out more about the benefits of incorporating silica in your diet to improve hair health. I truly love the stuff and will always have as part of my diet. Happy Hair Growing.
………………………………………………………………………………
One more….. smiley
Those are just a couple of examples, many have shared their experience of enjoying glowing skin, improved digestion, and even weight loss from regular consumption of this amazing tea. Bamboo tea is truly a beauty tea. Best of all, drinking organic bamboo tea allows for immediate absorption into the blood stream. No digestion required.
Take the 30 DAY BAMBOO TEA CHALLENGE! Your hair, skin and nails will thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
^ Nice one buddy. How i wish i can buy them now. I love using natural herbs for everything.

Gotta follow you on fb
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by kolomax(m): 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sissie:

how much are you selling your apple cider vinegar... am presently in abuja
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
larry10:
Hey people, I just had this very low hair cut due to an insect or lice hair bite..now my love for face caps has grown..i wear face caps to vitually everywhere i go..am thinking of how I can re grow the hair fast. I heard of weed + spirit or weed + sulphur 8 and virgin fertilizer.The main thing now is getting the weed..It sound fuuny when you walk up to someone asking if he/she sells weed .I'll be glad if anyone can help ..a cream I could use or ..where I can get d 'igbo' tongue..thnks

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by rossi5(f): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
Sissie:
Apple Cider Vinegar:

Why?

How To Use:

Wash your hair

Egg Mask:

Why?

How To Use:

Fenugreek:

Why?

How To Use:

Potato Juice:

Why?

How To Use:

Henna Pack:

Why?

How To Use:

which is the most effective and how much is acv and coconut oil I really need them.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by marami: 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
@Sissie, i don't know if you can help me out with this hair issue.

Most times when i am pregnant, i do loss all my front hair and it will not regrow until when i am pregnant again. For over 3 year now my damaged hair has been like that since i do not have any intention of getting pregnant again.

What do you think is the cause of this and what could be the solution to this. Your response would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 2:50am On Mar 19, 2018
New products alert
Sissie Natural Body And Hair body butter made with the goodness of
sheabutter
cocoabutter
coconutoil
almond oil
jojobaoil
moringaoil
Essential oil blend

Liquid black soap made with the richness of turmeric, Licorice, camwood, honey, Aloe vera gel and essential oils

Available in 4 fragrances

Minty: cooling, soothing and anti dandruff
Lavender: stimulating and healing
Lemongrass: antifungal and revitalizing
Citrus: Toning and Moisturizing

To order
call ‭08154444767‬
Email Sissienatural@gmail.com
Whatsapp +13024689833
IG: Sissie_Natural

2 Shares

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 3:08am On Mar 19, 2018
Resurfaced, hun

I heard of carrot oil is doing great job too. And eating carrot as well most of the time.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Empiree:
Resurfaced, hun

I heard of carrot oil is doing great job too. And eating carrot as well most of the time.

Yes oh. Resurfaced.

Carrot seed oil is one of my personal favorite oils. Carrot oil is great

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Empiree: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sissie:

Yes oh. Resurfaced.

Carrot seed oil is one of my personal favorite oils. Carrot oil is great
you can't believe I was losing my front hair for yrs now due to stress, not hereditary. I started chewing carrots everyday and also apply carrot oil as well. My hair is full now. Although I do use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner once in a while as well.
Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 3:27am On Mar 27, 2018
Empiree:
you can't believe I was losing my front hair for yrs now due to stress, not hereditary. I started chewing carrots everyday and also apply carrot oil as well. My hair is full now. Although I do use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner once in a while as well.

That's great. Carrot is great for the body. Also apply the carrot oil on your skin and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Effective Home Remedies For Hair Growth: by Sissie(f): 4:47am On May 16, 2018
DIY amla hair treatment

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss Jamaica 2009 / For All Your Maternity And Baby Needs...Get In Here! / Top 10 Best Beard Oil And Their Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.