Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? (1626 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / Mum Suffocates 11-month-old-son Then Mourns His Death On Facebook (photo) / My Wife Is A Year Older- Happy Birthday Love! Please Drop Your Birthday Wishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by Strongfaze(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello dear Nairalanders, there is an issue which is quite confusing to me and your urgent input(s) is highly needed. Our in-law died earlier this year, his birthday is 30th August. The thing is the notification came up on Facebook, and out of curiosity I scanned the page. To my greatest surprise, people wrote happy birthday messages. The question is this- is it right or wrong to wish someone a happy birthday even when you know the person is no more? (meanwhile R.I.P uncle Gabriel) Thanks for your response.
Re: Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by aadetoyin(f): 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yes u can. A lot of people believe in post humous birthday.
Re: Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
some people may not be informed of the guy's passing away
Re: Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by coldgate(f): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Surprised. I wont do it. Sort of creepy.
Re: Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
It is weird that these accounts exist after a person passed away. One more reason NOT to be on facebook.

I guess the people who wrote Happy B-Day don't know the person passed away and those who know have nice intentions.
Re: Can You Write Happy Birthday Wishes For Someone That Is No More On Facebook? by ayanah(f): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Why should you do that? cause is of no use, what is happy about the birth wen the death has come, unless ur unaware about the death sha

(1) (Reply)

What's The Ideal Age Gap That Should Be Between Couples / If You Are The Husband What Will You Do? / Virgin Virgin Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.