Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

The Nigerian Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Future (1505 Views)

Frank Nweke Ii: Sweet Tongued Or Truly A Nigerian Future Leader? / Nigerian Future, Who Owns It? / The Nigerian Future Awards 2010 Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Future by EzE2(m): 5:02pm On Jul 25, 2006
Our country Nigeria is the giant of Africa!

The words quoted above are very easy to say, but in our lives today, how true is that?
I am not here to criticize anybody, I am just here to speak my mind, so pls do not misunderstand me. I am not present in Nigeria right now, and as such I spend a lot of time looking for things about Nigeria that would pls me - MUSIC. Just recently (as a matter of fact minutes ago) I came across a song by Eldee's song - "I go yarn " and it really got me thinking. Our political leaders claim to better our country, they claim to help our citizens, but yet our simplest problems they cannot solve. They travel far and wide, and witness the "goodness" of the developed world, still they return home and cannot implement the good things they see around. They claim they have hope for our country but it reality, they are the ones that have lost all the hope, that is why they want to accumulate the wealth and create a miniature of the developed world around themselves by building massive houses with the lastest of techy gadgets in these houses, vacations out of the country and all sorts. Ego is wat is killing Nigeria. We cannot necessarily change those who are in power now, but we can still change those who will be in power in the future - OURSELVES. We must all strive for the right motives. I feel really sad when I talk to my classmates and they say things like -- 'if I get into power, I will also chop the money' We need to stop this. I am utterly disappointed, but my hope is infinite. We (the youths, the next generation or watever u wanna call us) can make a difference.
Here is just a lil sometime I like to share.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

I hope no one is confused by wat I am saying, this issue is so important to me, atimes I ramble my ideas just cos I am trying to write something that can make a book in a short quick post, but if u get my gist, pls think on it and lets all share.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Nutter(m): 12:01am On Jul 26, 2006
Ez-E:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Hey Ez-E,

I see you are familiar with the work of Marianne Williamson. That quote is one of my personal favourites. I also like the writings of Aeschylus (525 BC—456 BC), the Greek dramatist. Anyway, that's another story altogether.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Nutter(m): 12:23am On Jul 26, 2006
“And even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.” - Aeschylus

Ok, sorry, I couldn’t resist the urge to post this quote by Aeschylus. It was famously used by Robert F. Kennedy in his eulogy of Martin Luther King on the evening of April 4, 1968, after King's tragic assassination. These really powerful words remind me of the Nigerian situation. May wisdom come to us. Wisdom which dictates the need for our nation states to separate and remain friends, rather than remain together in a forced marriage and despise each other. May wisdom come to us.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Giorgio: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2006
thw wisdom to learn how to live together in peace and harmony
Re: The Nigerian Future by DeepSoul(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2006
I once read somewhere "If this generation is a wasted one, the next is waste in the waiting!" It's very hard to disagaree with whoeva it was that wrote that but I believe it can be changed, Hopefully!

We all sit here and complain about how corrupt our leaders are and how we, the future, can't wait to "take over".

But are we really any better? As it is, the "Nigerian Future" is worse than the present.

Look at the rate of exam malpractice,it's alarming! It may seem like a normal thing but it really isn't. It just makes me wonder what these exam "malpractitioners" will do if they one day become leaders. I seriously doubt these old men who still govern us today were ever as morally bankrupt as the average Nigerian youth is.

I feel sad as well when I talk to my friends and young people generally and they already have plans of beating the theft records of the present leaders. It's a really sad story.

What we need is re-orientation and most importantly, the Grace of God because if we continue at the present rate, I fear for Nigeria!

Ego isn't what's killing Nigeria. Greed is.
Re: The Nigerian Future by otokx(m): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2006
Greed & Indiscipline.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Chxta(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2006
The future is bright.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Nutter(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2006
Yet you hesitate to die for this bright future.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Giorgio: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2006
y dont u listen nutter?
Re: The Nigerian Future by Nutter(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2006
cheesy Sorry sir.
Re: The Nigerian Future by Chxta(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2006
Sorry namesake of mine. . .

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck 2011( G-2011), Goodluck Solidarity Movement ( G S M), 3 G / Jonathan 2011: All The Fake Endorsements / I Am A Professor - I Regret Voting Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.