Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,672 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? (4901 Views)

A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker / Oga Interviewer, Don’t Ever Call Me Beautiful! (A Letter To Hr’s In Nigeria) / Job Vacancy By A Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by MightyMuna(m): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Good day everyone,

I'm 28 years old, studied in UK, have both a BSc and MSc degree, got Second Class Upper 2:1 in both degrees. Completed my NYSC in February 2014.

I've been in pursuit of a job ever since my arrival in Nigeria. I've learnt first hand that qualifications seem somewhat irrelevant in getting a job, while connections a.k.a nepotism, croynism, favouritism is paramount in achieving one.

Each manager, HR staff etc I've met, all advised me to get a letter from either a Senator, Governor, House of Rep, Director General, etc recommending me.

I don't even know how or the necessary steps to take to obtain this inestimable piece of paper. So I was wondering if anyone can help or has any advice for me whatsoever. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Please, someone with useful info shld help, cos I need one too... Or letter frm the Oba of Lagos and any First class Oba in Lagos
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by mkoabiola: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lol!
U may wait till 2019

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by may448(f): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
don,t u hav a senator...house rep,LGA chairman,even ur area counsellor...hav been to their office and request for it...it might not be dat easy but u need it..even the king of the area u live.make a step bros...

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
MightyMuna: Good day everyone,

I'm 28 years old, studied in UK, have both a BSc and MSc degree, got Second Class Upper 2:1 in both degrees. Completed my NYSC in February 2014.

I've been in pursuit of a job ever since my arrival in Nigeria. I've learnt first hand that qualifications seem somewhat irrelevant in getting a job, while connections a.k.a nepotism, croynism, favouritism is paramount in achieving one.

Each manager, HR staff etc I've met, all advised me to get a letter from either a Senator, Governor, House of Rep, Director General, etc recommending me.

I don't even know how or the necessary steps to take to obtain this inestimable piece of paper. So I was wondering if anyone can help or has any advice for me whatsoever. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I have also seen people who have got this letters....one from deputy senate president here in abuja still he couldn't get the job. Just look for someone that is ready to help you tha is all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by PapaNnamdi: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
MightyMuna: Good day everyone,

Thanks.

wit 2 degrees?

Nigeria don scatter oooh,
and here i am wit my bsc,
chiisorrssssu.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by chemicstein: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
Looooool.......dnt let that bother you!......God dey
PapaNnamdi:

wit 2 degrees?

Nigeria don scatter oooh,
and here i am wit my bsc,
chiisorrssssu.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by NigerianLady(f): 1:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Hi, I got my letter jan 31st this year, at the national Assembly(NA) & got the job at a Federal institution in this country infact just the next day...My qualifications are just as yours but was to no avail till I got this letter. I was told the same thing as you& decided to try my luck out..I met a lady in passing,who spoke about looking for a contract from NA, so I called her up& told her what I was looking for. Then she connected me to an SLA inside(because you can't get pass the security there without 4stages-1)that person inside has to send your name to be printed outside 1st with a code 2) you'd have to go into a room with the code where you'd be snapped& asked questions, then given a card number 3)you'll face the main security who would ask you to call up that same person to send a delegate to come pick you up roaming ISNT allowed,but my experience was different funny enough the SLA was very nice& gentle always calling me(third stage)...but it still delayed a while,so I just stepped aside & waited..Now typical nigerians with their bragging rights came along with "don't you know me",how dare you speeches but the security was firm,then fortunately I was called & the man said I was calm& I should go in..4)you drop an ID card or your hand set(I dropped an expired drivers license)pheew! Was so lucky It slipped then you'll be given a red card(if you are going for a senator&green if its an Representative)..I got in but my dear if not for that SLA(special legislative Aid)my mission that day would have just come to an end because everywhere is with only numbers(2.7.4,2.1.1) not either names of states or names of the honorable..but I believe if you can get that far you shouldn't leave till you get what you want why? Because its your right& their duty to recommend you for what you want but that was even after investigating! (yes the senator called people who should at least know my folks),even when I had my state of origin certificate! hope this is helpful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Chasicolis(f): 4:03am On Sep 01, 2014
dt depends on d job
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by MightyMuna(m): 7:48am On Sep 01, 2014
NigerianLady: Hi, I got my letter jan 31st this year, at the national Assembly(NA) & got the job at a Federal institution in this country infact just the next day...My qualifications are just as yours but was to no avail till I got this letter. I was told the same thing as you& decided to try my luck out..I met a lady in passing,who spoke about looking for a contract from NA, so I called her up& told her what I was looking for. Then she connected me to an SLA inside(because you can't get pass the security there without 4stages-1)that person inside has to send your name to be printed outside 1st with a code 2) you'd have to go into a room with the code where you'd be snapped& asked questions, then given a card number 3)you'll face the main security who would ask you to call up that same person to send a delegate to come pick you up roaming ISNT allowed,but my experience was different funny enough the SLA was very nice& gentle always calling me(third stage)...but it still delayed a while,so I just stepped aside & waited..Now typical nigerians with their bragging rights came along with "don't you know me",how dare you speeches but the security was firm,then fortunately I was called & the man said I was calm& I should go in..4)you drop an ID card or your hand set(I dropped an expired drivers license)pheew! Was so lucky It slipped then you'll be given a red card(if you are going for a senator&green if its an Representative)..I got in but my dear if not for that SLA(special legislative Aid)my mission that day would have just come to an end because everywhere is with only numbers(2.7.4,2.1.1) not either names of states or names of the honorable..but I believe if you can get that far you shouldn't leave till you get what you want why? Because its your right& their duty to recommend you for what you want but that was even after investigating! (yes the senator called people who should at least know my folks),even when I had my state of origin certificate! hope this is helpful.

Greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2014
NigerianLady:
Hi, I got my letter jan 31st this year, at the national Assembly(NA) & got the job at a Federal institution in this country infact just the next day...My qualifications are just as yours but was to no avail till I got this letter. I was told the same thing as you& decided to try my luck out..I met a lady in passing,who spoke about looking for a contract from NA, so I called her up& told her what I was looking for. Then she connected me to an SLA inside(because you can't get pass the security there without 4stages-1)that person inside has to send your name to be printed outside 1st with a code 2) you'd have to go into a room with the code where you'd be snapped& asked questions, then given a card number 3)you'll face the main security who would ask you to call up that same person to send a delegate to come pick you up roaming ISNT allowed,but my experience was different funny enough the SLA was very nice& gentle always calling me(third stage)...but it still delayed a while,so I just stepped aside & waited..Now typical nigerians with their bragging rights came along with "don't you know me",how dare you speeches but the security was firm,then fortunately I was called & the man said I was calm& I should go in..4)you drop an ID card or your hand set(I dropped an expired drivers license)pheew! Was so lucky It slipped then you'll be given a red card(if you are going for a senator&green if its an Representative)..I got in but my dear if not for that SLA(special legislative Aid)my mission that day would have just come to an end because everywhere is with only numbers(2.7.4,2.1.1) not either names of states or names of the honorable..but I believe if you can get that far you shouldn't leave till you get what you want why? Because its your right& their duty to recommend you for what you want but that was even after investigating! (yes the senator called people who should at least know my folks),even when I had my state of origin certificate! hope this is helpful.

Nigerianlady, i like you.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Saao(m): 10:16am On Oct 29, 2014
Hmm if u want to work with govt that is when u need a letter from politicians. Why must u relegate ur credentials to just a letter b4 u get a job? If u can defend ur result, I know u will get one.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by oyebod200: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is true my brother, but the most important thing is to commit it into God's hand. several people have gotten letters of introduction for job in the time past but they didn't do anything about it....

Please if i may ask you,, where are you sure that if you get the letter they will offer you job?,,, pls let people know about it.. it will be of help to the folks.

Thanks.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2015
NigerianLady:
Interesting
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Jbond(m): 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
NigerianLady:
Chineke, all this procedure jst to see a human like me,nd I ws planning to go and see any senator concerning job ish,infact I don lose hope.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2015
NigerianLady:

My sister abeg I want to occupy the job vacancy (at least the one you're aware of).. There's no harm in trial.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by goodman41: 11:46am On Jun 07, 2015
MightyMuna:
Good day everyone,

Thanks.
Is't because of foreign result?
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by henryhemon(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
NigerianLady:

You can't be living in Abuja and my eyes haven't set in a beauty like you.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by davidif: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
NigerianLady:

I was stunned by your signature. I have been saying that same line for a while now. Its like i met someone who thinks like me. Good for you.
Re: How Can One Get A Letter From A Senator/hor/governor/general? by id4sho(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigerianLady:
hi, pls was the letter from the senator addressed to the Director-General /Chairman of Board/vice chancellor as the case maybe. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (Reply)

Starling Bank Test Result / Does The Job Market Discriminate? Your Voice Is Needed / Waec Co-ordination Commence Friday, June 1, 2018. Time 4:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.