Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:30 AM

Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. (32233 Views)

Emenike In ‘shock’ After Fenerbahce Bus Shooting - Vanguard / Emmanuel Emenike Performs Ritual To Lift Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Collynzo16: 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria World Cup star Emmanuel Emenike is up in arms with the Enugu State Government over 13 plots of land worth 30 million Naira (about $ 180,000), which he bought to build a sports academy in Enugu.

Soldiers have invaded the property and have prevented any work on it, the Fenerbache star has exclusively told AfricanFootball.com.

A bitter Emenike told only AfricanFootball.com he bought the 13 plots of land after the World Cup in Brazil through a special assistant to the Enugu State Governor Frank Ndubuisi Ugwunweze (a.k.a Ezeumuaga), who handed all documents concerning to the land in Emenike's name to the forward.

He further narrated: "I worked hard to make my money, I know what I pass through on the pitch before I earn my living and it will be unfair if what am hearing about my land in Enugu State was true.

"I visit Enugu whenever I come to Nigeria, my friends stay there as well as some of my family
members. And I am the kind of person who allows for advise. Even before now, I had a dream to own an academy not only in Nigeria but I believe in the saying that "charity begins at home".

“About three, four months ago, I acquired 13 plots of land in Enugu State through the special assistant to Governor Sullivan Chime. And during the time of conversation of the land papers he never told me there was any problem on the land. He gave me all the necessary documents in my name after payment.

"I then directed for work to commence immediately, but the state government has directed soldiers to stop anybody from working there.

He added: "I don't want to believe that this is fraud. I am ready to fight it all.

“I am not a politician and I see no reason why my money will be held by the government house."

"I have called some top government officials in Enugu, but all of them are not trying to be sincere.
They could not help because the order came from the Governor.

"Nobody is trying to be sincere and as a matter of fact, I want my money back. I am very depressed that there is no confidence in investing in my country. I just don't understand the pranks.

"Right from time, I don't like going through government for anything. I prefer to do it with my money and I see no reason why my property will be held back by government."

Emenike told AfricanFootball.com he had tried to get land in Imo State, but the government refused him and so he opted to do it elsewhere. "People go to government to get free land, but I will not do that because there is no sincerity in most of the things we do. And I will not be here and somebody takes my money, it will never happen,” he disclosed.

"I just want to believe that His Excellency Governor Chime was not aware of the purchase of the land, in that case, I will like to have my money back."
http://africanfootball.com//news/453427/EXCLUSIVE-Emenike-in-30m-Naira-land-dispute

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Collynzo16: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Reading the parts in bold, I just wonder whether South East leaders are averse to development.
It is very easy to castigate Igbos who invest away from home without hearing their own side of the story.
Everything should be done to encourage those who choose to invest in the South East rather than frustrating them.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by nigerianvenom(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
chime,u need to intervene on this.why is sincerity lacking in we nigerians?
i wanted asking why he didnt opt to do such in his home state(imo) only to find out that the governor didnt allow him do that.
this is bad.same thing they did to rashidi yekini(conniving to defraud him of his hard earned cash).
i thank God for emenike,atleast he is still playing football so he could learn some positive lessons

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by UnknownT: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thank God he is stillplaying football and not his gratuity they want to scam him. Even if, that doesnt warrant this scam. What is happening with Chime's govt these days?

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by sCun: 8:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Seun, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, Semid4lyfe please help give this story some publicity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Gayigaskia(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
This was caused by the born to rule mentality. Lets divide this country cause the above bolded parts in the text. Northerners have something to do with this, that's why this country is backward it was because of the core north let's divide this coutry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chime the flowerist general and chief Hoticulturist of Enugu City give no hoot about investment and revenue generation.

I guess the Okpa-eating 9mile Ngwoman will have makeup sets to beautify himself and look like his city roundabouts and sidewalks grin grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Collynzo16: 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
UnknownT: Thank God he is stillplaying football and not his gratuity they want to scam him. Even if, that doesnt warrant this scam. What is happening with Chime's govt these days?
The man appears to be a petty dictator, from his wife to his deputy governor and now private individuals.
These are just the ones we get to hear of.
Then again how about Rochas who refused to sell land to the guy? I am sure if it were his northern brothers based in Imo that approached him for plots of land, he would have given them free of charge.

20 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sullivan's government of oppression. I laugh in swahili

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by yuzjet(m): 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmmmm.... What should we call dis? Land scamming or Land defrauding by government officials?

Emenike I know u don't want to be a magar!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by boombay(m): 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
na the way

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by coded01: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Smh... grin grin grin

Wonders will never end! tongue --- Let them settle it with penalty kicks... tongue grin

13 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wait oo let me come shocked

Why do we hate development? Sm4h!
angry

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by datbay(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
it is well.
Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Brahms(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by donigspain(m): 9:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gayigaskia: This was caused by the born to rule mentality. Lets divide this country cause the above bolded parts in the text. Northerners have something to do with this, that's why this country is backward it was because of the core north let's divide this coutry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by freshness2020: 9:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmm..thats bad if this happens to be true!
Meanwhile let's wait for the government for their own side of the story!
let's not run into conclusion!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Entchidodo: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Then Ezeamuga should own up and refund Emenike's money....Else what happened in 1959 will repeat itself...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by YoungIncredible: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Haba
Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Collynzo16: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
freshness2020: Na big men issues... They will settle it amicably ..
Wetin concern poor man..
Foolish thinking.
That academy he wants to build can turn out to be a source of livelihood for a lot of people.

8 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Sylvarresta(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria politicians defrauding Nigeria since 1765. SMH
Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by mencade5(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
give him his money back. Bad belle polithifians!

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by kultimate009: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wetin consign me?
Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by slimpoppa(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
since he has all the papers, he should drag Enugu state Government to court.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
landed property in Enugu state is a try-your-luck affair. you buy from government, community will sue you and claim it's community land. you buy from community, government will demolish and claim it's a reserved area for projects. if you buy land and do not start work immediately, chances are the same sellers will resell to a higher bidder and use part of the money for your court case.
At the end of the day the winner is the lawyers. he might never get that land back not his money.

from the onset, the sellers knew it was government's property, but they liaise with some corrupt state government officials and process fake documents. by next year the present state government will vacate office and the new one will start demolition of old sold properties, only to resell them.
nigeria is a real jungle.

15 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by free2ryhme: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
When u go to d east u wonder why it has continue to remain underdeveloped and in a state of backwardness

8 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
coded01: Smh... grin grin grin

Wonders will never end! tongue --- Let them settle it with penalty kicks... tongue grin
Lol! You are funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi And Deji Tinubu (Throwback Photo, Video) / Andy Ruiz: Anthony Joshua Is Not Good At Boxing And 'I Will Beat Him In Rematch / Enugu Rangers Wins First NPFL Title After 32 Years [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.