Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors (942 Views)

Buhari Urged To Slash Presidency, National Assembly Expenses By 50% / Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Purge Security And Intelligence Apparatus Without Delay, Goodluck Jonathan Urged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by emaculate99: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), and a
former member of House of Representatives, Dino
Melaye, have called on President Goodluck
Jonathan to ensure that alleged sponsors of the
fundamentalist Islamic sect, Boko Haram, were
prosecuted.
A Federal Government-appointed international
negotiator, Rev. Stephen Davies, revealed the
identities of the possible sponsors of the sect over
the weekend.
The Federal Government had engaged Davies to
enter into dialogue with the Boko Haram sect for
the release of the abducted 275 Chibok school
girls.
Falana said in a statement on Sunday that to avoid
possible manipulation of the investigation of the
suspects as revealed by Davies, President
Jonathan must refer the suspects to the Special
Prosecutor of the international Criminal Court.
He said, “In view of the gravity of the allegations of
crimes against humanity committed by the
sponsors of the Boko Haram sect, President
Jonathan should refer the suspects to the Special
Prosecutor of the international Criminal Court.
“Any local investigation conducted by the Federal
Governnent in the circumstance may be
manipulated by vested political interests.”
Falana said the disclosure by the Australian
negotiator in a well publicised televised interview
in London last week, “was backed with some
detailed accounts which confirmed some
information in the domain of the security forces in
the country.”
He said, “The international negotiator disclosed
that a former governor of Borno state, a former
chief of army staff and a former top official of the
Central Bank of Nigeria have provided funds and
other logistics to the body for the terrorist attacks
which had claimed the lives of hundreds of
innocent people in the country.”
He added, “It would be recalled that the
Ambassador Usman Galtimari Committeee on
insurgency in the north east zone set up in 2011
by President Jonathan had recommended the
prosecution of some politicians who sponsored,
funded and used the militia groups that later
metamorphosed into Boko Haram.
“In a White Paper issued on the report of the
Committee, the Federal Government accepted the
recommendation and directed the National Security
Adviser to coordinate the investigation of the
kingpins and sponsors to unravel the individuals
and groups that are involved.
“Although the White Paper was published in May
2012, the directive of the Federal Government has
not been carried out up till now because the
individuals involved are said to be connected to
the Presidency. However, the special envoy of the
Federal Government has just named one of the
‘kingpins and sponsors’ of the terrorist sect.”
Meanwhile Melaye, on Sunday described the
defence of the alleged sponsors, by a former
Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, as “hasty
and indecent.”
He said what was expected of the President
Jonathan’s administration was to order an
independent investigation of the allegations instead
of playing politics with it.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-urged-to-ensure-trial-of-boko-haram-sponsors/
Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by brownlord: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Waiting for the clueless one as they call him to act.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by mainheart(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Johnathan to take action, hmmmm may be the kidnapped patients
Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by Rijes: 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gej if u want try boko haram start from that australia negoiator.
How d he get to know of their sponsor..... Even buhari nd co like let them call obama to vindicate them nd call innocent ones. All I know is that buhari is the president of boko haram.
The man refuse to call the cbn bank official but rather people from opposition party.
Last buhari claimed that doris paid bombers to kill him only for the mother of the suspected bomber to say that her son is a lunatic thereby constracting buhari nd co.
Buhari go nd die pls.
Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rijes: Gej if u want try boko haram start from that australia negoiator.
How d he get to know of their sponsor..... Even buhari nd co like let them call obama to vindicate them nd call innocent ones. All I know is that buhari is the president of boko haram.
The man refuse to call the cbn bank official but rather people from opposition party.
Last buhari claimed that doris paid bombers to kill him only for the mother of the suspected bomber to say that her son is a lunatic thereby constracting buhari nd co.
Buhari go nd die pls.
it's people like you that make nigeria a useless country. Insyead of you to question Ihejirika and ali modu sherrif, you are here talking about buhari simply because he's a threat to the Clueless one's 2015 ambition. #ArrestIhejirikaNow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by Rijes: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
TribalEAST: it's people like you that make nigeria a useless country. Insyead of you to question Ihejirika and ali modu sherrif, you are here talking about buhari simply because he's a threat to the Clueless one's 2015 ambition. #ArrestIhejirikaNow
Then if you think so hausa is the most stupid, illitrate, Bleep up, animalistic tribe in the world my friend. How can someone who is not from your tribe convince you to start killing your brothers. I wonder how you can convince ibo man to bomb himself. Check it, i was a supporter of buhari, but the moment he use his mouth and say that he will make nigeria ungovernable and start calling boko haram freedom fighter, i start to suspect him.
if ihejirika is supporting boko haram while did the northern boko haram leaders call them freedom fighter and complain of genocide. At the eve of election, they start running from pillar to post looking for who to accuse of being boko haram support. The dog have over grown his owners. Even the usa know the boko haram sponsor. What will happen on january 2015, if goodluck provide all evidence linking Buhari to boko haram that will be the end of apc in nigeria.
If buhari claim to be our future leader, let him start by developing his local govt through helping them start a worthy living, building roads etc i will take him serious. Charity begins at home.

SERIOUSLY....... I HATE HAUSA AND FULANI VERY WELL AND I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT. THEY ARE DOGS WHO CAN BOMB THEMSELF AND OTHERS IF THEY ARE GIVEN N500. EVEN YOU QUOTING ME, NEXT YEAR YOU WILL WEAR A NICE BOMB TO BLOW UP URSELF because BUHARI WILL LOSE.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by Collynzo16: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rijes:
Then if you think so hausa is the most stupid, illitrate, Bleep up, animalistic tribe in the world my friend. How can someone who is not from your tribe convince you to start killing your brothers. I wonder how you can convince ibo man to bomb himself. Check it, i was a supporter of buhari, but the moment he use his mouth and say that he will make nigeria ungovernable and start calling boko haram freedom fighter, i start to suspect him.
if ihejirika is supporting boko haram while did the northern boko haram leaders call them freedom fighter and complain of genocide. At the eve of election, they start running from pillar to post looking for who to accuse of being boko haram support. The dog have over grown his owners. Even the usa know the boko haram sponsor. What will happen on january 2015, if goodluck provide all evidence linking Buhari to boko haram that will be the end of apc in nigeria.
If buhari claim to be our future leader, let him start by developing his local govt through helping them start a worthy living, building roads etc i will take him serious. Charity begins at home.

SERIOUSLY....... I HATE HAUSA AND FULANI VERY WELL AND I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT. THEY ARE DOGS WHO CAN BOMB THEMSELF AND OTHERS IF THEY ARE GIVEN N500. EVEN YOU QUOTING ME, NEXT YEAR YOU WILL WEAR A NICE BOMB TO BLOW UP URSELF because BUHARI WILL LOSE.
Guy you dey vex o!
See as you screw that guy without CD

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by lilprinze: 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
I don't know why GEJ is scared of these BH sponsors with the level of power that he has as the commander in chief of the armed forces of this country yet he is still afraid of some useless dogs who are using Niger delta's oil money to sponsor terrorist. had it mean OBJ was still president BH sponsors would have been history by now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by size38: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Who is urging GEJ to try Boko Haram sponsors? Will GEJ try himself?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Urged To Ensure Trial Of Boko Haramsponsors by thebloodykiller: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
size38: Who is urging GEJ to try Boko Haram sponsors? Will GEJ try himself?

No but he will trial your arm robber of a father

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Vaccine Only Works On White People / Firm To Stake $150 Million On Rice Production In Anambra / All Photos From The Ongoing Inauguration Ceremony Of Ekiti State New Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.