Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! (2507 Views)

New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity / BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Nely77(m): 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
A close relative o mine has confirmed a case of an Ebola death in Owerri, the IMO state capital. A man said to have come back from to Owerri from Lagos ill and was being treated until he showed the distinctive symptom of the dreaded disease an died. He was said to have started bleeding from his nose, ears, anus, ... And later died before the people around him could conclusively know that he had the disease. It was said that immediately they got to know, they locked his corpse up in the house and ran away.
Someone in Owerri should try and confirm this. I have already told my relative in Owerri to call the ebola emergency number so that them ministry of health can come in fully in this case as those that made primary contact with him who ran away have to be contacted immediately and possibly be quarantined. Also, they have to get the people who were involved in his treatment and keep them under surveillance. This might be more serious that the Lagos case. The ministry of health has to act fast.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Liamm(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
I won't believe this until the Imo state ministry of health releases an official statement.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by purplesummer(f): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
I'm in owerri right now and i've not gotten wind of such news, so i reasonably believe it's a baseless rumour
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by onihaxy: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
sauce? source?
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Nely77(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer: I'm in owerri right now and i've not gotten wind of such news, so i reasonably believe it's a baseless rumour

You may not believe it but you have to be careful. This happened near Orji area and the source is someone living in Orji. A near eye witness! According to her, police is guarding the place now to prevent people access to the place.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by izzieman: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Instead of saying it is baseless, we should find the phone number of the Imo State Ebola Hotline and call them to confirm. I just tried the Lagos Hotlines with no answer. I was hoping I could at least find out if they had a number for the Imo Health Ministry or the Federal counterpart. Will keep trying... We are all in it and sometimes, every action counts.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by purplesummer(f): 8:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nely77:

You may not believe it but you have to be careful. This happened near Orji area and the source is someone living in Orji. A near eye witness! According to her, police is guarding the place now to prevent people access to the place.
Alright, thanks.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by chimerase2: 8:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer:
Alright, thanks.
how undecided
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by purplesummer(f): 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
chimerase2: how undecided
He said i should be careful. Shebi courtesy demands i say "thank you" after receiving an advice
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by chimerase2: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer:
He said i should be careful. Shebi courtesy demands i say "thank you" after receiving an advice
did u hear him wn he said Ebola is in owerri undecided
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Amhappy(f): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
This will be bad if its true. Am tired of Ebola. Pls let them bring the experimental cure to Naija and try.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Tucees(f): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Which Imo? My very own Imo? Mbanu! angry
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Leopantro: 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
wonder if he got it from this person

PLS SHARE THIS
MESSAGE.EBOLA HIGH ALERT!
HIGH ALERT!! HIGH ALERT!!!
ONE OF THE CLINICAL
DIRECTORS OF FIRST
CONSULTANTS HOSPITAL
(WHERE THE INDEX CASE
DIED) HAS DIED AT HOME.HIS
WIFE HAD BEEN HIDING HIM
FROM AUTHORITIES, TAKEN
HIM TO DIFFERENT
HOSPITALS AND SCORES OF
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN
POTENTIALLY INFECTED DUE
TO THIS ACT.SHE ALSO NOW
HAS SYMPTOMS.WE HAVE
NOT HEARD THIS ON THE
NEWS YET, BUT THIS IS
CONFIRMED.JUST TO LET US
KNOW THE WORST IS NOT
OVER YET.PLEASE EVERYONE,
ESPECIALLY HEALTHCARE
WORKERS BE VERY VERY
VIGILANT.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
God, please, have mercy cry cry cry
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by djeezy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Liamm: I won't believe this until the Imo state ministry of health releases an official statement.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by corisande: 10:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
embarassed
I heard a rumour of one ebola case in one hospital in owerri.
I've been waiting to see if I read it somewhere else,I've not.

still a rumour. not confirmed
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by purplesummer(f): 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
chimerase2: did u hear him wn he said Ebola is in owerri undecided
Yea, said he was reliably informed. I doubt the truth though
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by tokaiki: 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Not again angry
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by 5minsmadness: 6:48am On Sep 01, 2014
But for goodness sake why do they keep running away?
Don't they know they spread the disease by doing so?
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by gloryl(f): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2014
God save us
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by chimerase2: 7:18am On Sep 01, 2014
purplesummer:
Yea, said he was reliably informed. I doubt the truth though
good gal jare grin
I was scared wen I saw it tho
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by DECOtech(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Nely77:

Please, where exactly in Orji? I live around Orji. I don't mind tracing the place just to confirm this news if I have a proper address.
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Youpele52: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Ebola virus Ebola virus
Think it came from chimps or bat or bush meat

Google "CDC patent" or "Ebola patent"
And see who's invention it is

More here

www.nairaland.com/1881874/why-does-cdc-own-patent#25925474
Re: Owerri, IMO State Records New Ebola Case! by Emmaesty(f): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
Could this be true?

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Benefits Of Breast Massage / DAILY FITNESS EXERCISE: COME IN / How Can Someone Cure Staphylococcus Auerus Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.