Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,768 members, 7,844,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (44133 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Ebola Does To The Skin (pictures)! / Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Suresh08: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2014
Blockus:

Why does that Molecule have a Yoruba name (Adenosine)?.
Olodo

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by epospiky(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: interesting right?
sort of. How really bad is the side effect? Or is the unusual tiredness after not taking it for a while just it? You must have being in the field for quiet long now.(my thought!)
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by priscaoge(f): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2014
Opiosko: U too like better thing.
Lmaocheesycheesy Who no like better thing? Abi e de purge u?gringrin
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by san316(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Mine is different. It seems coffee gingers the adenosine sef. Coffee makes me very sleepy. But i like it, just for the arooomaah!
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Cmfrt001(f): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical stimulant called trimethylxanthine. Its chemical formula is C8H10N4O2.
It is a drug, and actually shares a number of traits with more notorious drugs such as amphetamines, cocaine and heroin.
Caffeine uses the same biochemical mechanisms as these other drugs to stimulate brainfunction: If you feel like your mind is racing after drinking one too many energy drinks, you're not imagining things.
In its pure form, caffeine is a white crystalline powder that tastes very bitter. It is medically useful to stimulate the heartand also serves as a mild diuretic, increasing urine production to flush fluid out of the body.
Caffeine has been an integral part of global culture for hundreds of years. African folklore sets the discovery of coffee's energizing properties around 800 A.D., European and Asian accounts indicate that coffee and tea were local staples as early as the 1400s. Although coffee was often seen as a rare luxury for societies far removed from coffee-growing regions, foods and drinks made from other caffeine-containing plants were likely part of humankind's medical and nutritional arsenal since before recorded history.
Today, caffeine is used much as it has been for generations: It provides a "boost of energy" or a feeling of heightened alertness. Many former students can recall using strong coffee or caffeine pills to stay awake while cramming for finals. Likewise, drivers on long road tripsoften fill their cup holders with energy drinks or convenience-store coffees to help them push through to their destinations.
Remember, though, that caffeine shares some traits of those much harder drugs -- including the ability to cause addiction. Many people feel as though they cannot function in the morning without a cup of coffee (and its caffeine-powered boost) to kick-start the day. Caffeine's effects may be much milder than those of illicit drugs, but kicking a caffeine habit can be difficult for someone who has made the drug a large part of his or her diet and lifestyle.
Caffeine is unlike many other drugs in that it is abundant in what we eat and drink. Read on to learn more about what foods provide most of the world's caffeine, and discover the many ways in which consuming caffeine has become part of global culture.
thanks a lot for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
epospiky: sort of. How really bad is the side effect? Or is the unusual tiredness after not taking it for a while just it? You must have being in the field for quiet long now.(my thought!)
not really but it's addictive nature is what am trying to point out,, whatever you do don't get addicted.. .
Except to money ofcourse grin
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Opiosko: 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge:
Lmaocheesycheesy Who no like better thing? Abi e de purge u?gringrin
grin Hahaha purge ke? Na my holy communion be that na abi u hear say holy communion dea purge person ni?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Cmfrt001: thanks a lot for the enlightenment.
your welcome
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by DaWorshiper(m): 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical stimulant called trimethylxanthine. Its chemical formula is C8H10N4O2.
It is a drug, and actually shares a number of traits with more notorious drugs such as amphetamines, cocaine and heroin.
Caffeine uses the same biochemical mechanisms as these other drugs to stimulate brainfunction: If you feel like your mind is racing after drinking one too many energy drinks, you're not imagining things.
In its pure form, caffeine is a white crystalline powder that tastes very bitter. It is medically useful to stimulate the heartand also serves as a mild diuretic, increasing urine production to flush fluid out of the body.
Caffeine has been an integral part of global culture for hundreds of years. African folklore sets the discovery of coffee's energizing properties around 800 A.D., European and Asian accounts indicate that coffee and tea were local staples as early as the 1400s. Although coffee was often seen as a rare luxury for societies far removed from coffee-growing regions, foods and drinks made from other caffeine-containing plants were likely part of humankind's medical and nutritional arsenal since before recorded history.
Today, caffeine is used much as it has been for generations: It provides a "boost of energy" or a feeling of heightened alertness. Many former students can recall using strong coffee or caffeine pills to stay awake while cramming for finals. Likewise, drivers on long road tripsoften fill their cup holders with energy drinks or convenience-store coffees to help them push through to their destinations.
Remember, though, that caffeine shares some traits of those much harder drugs -- including the ability to cause addiction. Many people feel as though they cannot function in the morning without a cup of coffee (and its caffeine-powered boost) to kick-start the day. Caffeine's effects may be much milder than those of illicit drugs, but kicking a caffeine habit can be difficult for someone who has made the drug a large part of his or her diet and lifestyle.
Caffeine is unlike many other drugs in that it is abundant in what we eat and drink. Read on to learn more about what foods provide most of the world's caffeine, and discover the many ways in which consuming caffeine has become part of global culture.
All this long essay just for dat small question??
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by experimentist: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Waste of time and resource
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by priscaoge(f): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Opiosko: grin Hahaha purge ke? Na my holy communion be that na abi u hear say holy communion dea purge person ni?
Lolz...I wonder ooo
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
priscaoge: Sometimes when I want to read in d night in school,I will take coffee because it keeps me awake.

Kachisbarbie how do u see this thread about coffeegringrin
Hahahaha. I don't care what it does to ma brain o. I take it, whenever I wanna drink tea, bc I don't take the usual Milo/Bournvita

I never took it to read, if my eye no gree dey open for me to read, I sleep mbok.
I can't kill myself, no be everybody go go dis sch, graduate. tongue
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Raypawer(m): 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
hmm
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by igbsam(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Somewhere in the football world right now After hearing the news of Falcao Joining ManUTD

Arsenal Fans are like this now

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/1310033928_dissapointed_supporter.gif[/img]

While Man U fans are like this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 12:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
DaWorshiper:
All this long essay just for dat small question??
is it bothering you,, why not appreciate something good for once in your life tongue
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Donbabaj: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
igbsam: Somewhere in the football world right now After hearing the news of Falcao Joining ManUTD

Arsenal Fans are like this now

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/1310033928_dissapointed_supporter.gif[/img]

While Man U fans are like this

Chelsea nko!
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Donbabaj:

Chelsea nko!
guys this is not a football thread
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by femsmith(m): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tundeiab: BROS NA YOUR TYPE WE NEED TO FIND CURE TO EBOLA O. grin

funny.. bur u 4get say ebola no get respect 4 english sha
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by towsyne: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ladystewie: dont drink coffee
it turns you into a zombie shocked shocked

where u get dat (M) u b hermaphrodites oya go change am b4 i vex:p:p
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by adanny01(m): 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
I drink smooth decaf nescafe with coffee mate twice a day, morning and night. I have never been kept awake by it or felt an urge to take it or miss it or feel tired when i stop taking it even up to two weeks mostly when i travel.

I drink energy drinks but feel nada. My friends drink energy drinks with beer when they really want to drink saying it helps them drink more. For me, every thing is normal.

Cola nut is useless in my system, it never worked.

The only thing that keeps me a little awake is tea with no milk or sugar.

All i have read here is just biology and chemistry. May be if physics or mathematics were involved i may have appreciated better.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
transgendered
dont judge sad
towsyne:

where u get dat (M) u b hermaphrodites oya go change am b4 i vex:p:p
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by towsyne: 12:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ladystewie: transgendered
dont judge sad

pishur of ur flat chest or idntbeleive
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by GboyegaD(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
A Nepalese friend introduced me to coffee but now I have stopped cos at some point I get so addicted that I need coffee to be active and worse still, my urine smells of coffee. Like the OP stated, sometimes you may need Moreno it which is where addiction sets in.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
its on its way
towsyne:

pishur of ur flat chest or idntbeleive
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by towsyne: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ladystewie: its on its way

vewi funny....
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by epospiky(m): 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: not really but it's addictive nature is what am trying to point out,, whatever you do don't get addicted.. .
Except to money ofcourse grin
Okay! I now get it. Money should be a necessity and not an addiction...lol.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by huptin(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
i take coffee everyday in the office, i regret to say that it no longer have the desired impact, as i still feel tired by midday, energy drinks to the rescue? The impact of energy drink is also beginning to wane....... what else can i do?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by ayukdaboss(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jostico: abeg is this advertisement??eeya if i still remember that game yesterday...arsenal draw.chai.
By luck o wink
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by ayukdaboss(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
huptin: i take coffee everyday in the office, i regret to say that it no longer have the desired impact, as i still feel tired by midday, energy drinks to the rescue? The impact of energy drink is also beginning to wane....... what else can i do?
Cocaine doesn't fade away wink

3 Likes

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by miketayo(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
used to b an addict. was on coffee everyday for 5 years. haven't taken since march now grin. You can control it if u really want to
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by priscaoge(f): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Hahahaha. I don't care what it does to ma brain o. I take it, whenever I wanna drink tea, bc I don't take the usual Milo/Bournvita

I never took it to read, if my eye no gree dey open for me to read, I sleep mbok.
I can't kill myself, no be everybody go go dis sch, graduate. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Medical Facts Picture Series / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo / My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.