Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,741 members, 7,844,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain (44132 Views)

What Caffeine Does To Our Systems / What Ebola Does To The Skin (pictures)! / Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by miketayo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Donbabaj:

Chelsea nko!

who cares wat they buy.. we won the EPL already
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Vixen101(f): 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Fall is around the corner, don't have much of a choice
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
smiley what of 'weed'? It makes pple high. What is d magic ingredient? grin
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
This is what we call Biochemical Pathway.

I'm a big fan of coffee, don't care what the side effects are, can't just stop sipping it everyday of my life.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by sovpounds(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
I would prefer to know what Star Beer or alcohol generally does to the brain. Please who can help?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
aboyaji: she d form white lady by force
Haha
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by tofam3k3(m): 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
#TeamCoffee anyday
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
ROSYL: This is what we call Biochemical Pathway.

I'm a big fan of coffee, don't care what the side effects are, can't just stop sipping it everyday of my life.

IMHO, don't you think you are already addicted to it?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
kennygee:

Her skin looks wrinkly.
Really? That's terrible.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
medtes100: coffee, really bad when u take too much and u try to withdraw from it. could lead to excruciating headaches and insomnia. Its a year and half dt i stopped taking coffee and am still suffering from d withdrawal effects. d most painful part is d inability to read. really affecting my grades in school. praying to get over it soon.

Eeyah. May God help you.

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by CodeineJunkiee(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Horse Poo. That won't stop me from taking coffee angry
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by vodkat: 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Coffee is addictive as cigarette once you start taking it your body gets hooked to it. Just like people who eat kolanut get hooked on it as the caffine is what your brain addicted.

Coffee though is a good thing as it allows your brain to focus try it you will not.

Coffee for me is far far better than tea. Tea makes you want to sleep
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by rhymz(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am afraid, I am an addict. Started when I was in school. Then I would sneeze and get some coffee fluid coming out of my nose. In the office it is a must for else I wont be able to do anything for long without losing concentration. As I write now, there is a cup of black coffee on my desk..bad enough, I am having the worst form of tiredness and sleepy feeling even with the coffee. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by pascalmilan11(m): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
nice thread for we biochemist
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Capableben(m): 2:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: Caffeine is a naturally occurring chemical stimulant called trimethylxanthine. Its chemical formula is C8H10N4O2.
It is a drug, and actually shares a number of traits with more notorious drugs such as amphetamines, cocaine and heroin.
Caffeine uses the same biochemical mechanisms as these other drugs to stimulate brainfunction: If you feel like your mind is racing after drinking one too many energy drinks, you're not imagining things.
In its pure form, caffeine is a white crystalline powder that tastes very bitter. It is medically useful to stimulate the heartand also serves as a mild diuretic, increasing urine production to flush fluid out of the body.
Caffeine has been an integral part of global culture for hundreds of years. African folklore sets the discovery of coffee's energizing properties around 800 A.D., European and Asian accounts indicate that coffee and tea were local staples as early as the 1400s. Although coffee was often seen as a rare luxury for societies far removed from coffee-growing regions, foods and drinks made from other caffeine-containing plants were likely part of humankind's medical and nutritional arsenal since before recorded history.
Today, caffeine is used much as it has been for generations: It provides a "boost of energy" or a feeling of heightened alertness. Many former students can recall using strong coffee or caffeine pills to stay awake while cramming for finals. Likewise, drivers on long road tripsoften fill their cup holders with energy drinks or convenience-store coffees to help them push through to their destinations.
Remember, though, that caffeine shares some traits of those much harder drugs -- including the ability to cause addiction. Many people feel as though they cannot function in the morning without a cup of coffee (and its caffeine-powered boost) to kick-start the day. Caffeine's effects may be much milder than those of illicit drugs, but kicking a caffeine habit can be difficult for someone who has made the drug a large part of his or her diet and lifestyle.
Caffeine is unlike many other drugs in that it is abundant in what we eat and drink.

what course are you studying?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Capableben:

what course are you studying?
lol am a petroleum engr...
I just know this stuff cheesy
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
I tk coffee once in a while ... dont wana get addicted bikocheesy
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by zurine(f): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
interesting
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Capableben(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: lol am a petroleum engr...
I just know this stuff cheesy
wow, Versatility can never be over emphasized.
meanwhile, I am a student of chemical Engr.
Our fields are related, are u an engineer or engineering student?
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 3:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Capableben:
wow, Versatility can never be over emphasized.
meanwhile, I am a student of chemical Engr.
Our fields are related, are u an engineer or engineering student?
am practising,,
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by vitality22(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
I really dealt with coffee while in the university. I hardly read during the day. Am a night jacking machine. So coffee really helped me to stay awake all night to read.
Immediately i left the university, i ran away very very far from it.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by wirelessssss(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
tea or coffee?; I know you Americans don't play with your hot drinks
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Tundeiab(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
femsmith:
funny.. bur u 4get say ebola no get respect 4 english sha
I am just impressed, that's all.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by shosky1794: 4:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
jnrbayano: I can take a cup of coffee in the morning and won't feel hungry till evening.

You have an 'ally' here. Infact people in my office think coffee is an addiction for me but I know better. It's never an addiction. I can stop anytime I feel like.

1 Like

Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by xtervaganza(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
aboyaji: she d form white lady by force
so drinking coffee now means one is forming britiko? ??
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
shosky1794:

You have an 'ally' here. Infact people in my office think coffee is an addiction for me but I know better. It's never an addiction. I can stop anytime I feel like.
brother try stopping for a week and see what happens
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by PreciousGem(f): 4:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
is it alright for pregnant and breasting women
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by stingbreed(m): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
PreciousGem: is it alright for pregnant and breasting women
nooooooooooo
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by shosky1794: 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
stingbreed: brother try stopping for a week and see what happens

Nothing special will happen. I've been taking coffee since I got out of high school. I stopped in-between though. Situations around me actually determine if I'll stick to it or not. So I stop or continue with it depending on.....

Nothing can separate me from my coffee. People should also try coffee with lime. It makes good sense. There's even a blend of that from Nestlé. Not sure if it's in Nigeria though. Then there's Nestlé Nespresso capsule.
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by protonz(m): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
wow!!!......guess I wud start taking cocain ! ...sorry coffee religiously now!!!
Re: Here Is What Coffee Actually Does To Your Brain by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am allergic to coffee!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Medical Facts Picture Series / Hen Laying Egg On Hospital Bed In Imo - Facebook User Shares Photo / My Narrow Escape from Incurable Sti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.