Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Request: Drop-down List Box - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Request: Drop-down List Box (822 Views)

Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow / Help! How Do I Add Drop Down Menu To A Webpage / State In Nigeria As Drop Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 2:19am On Sep 01, 2014
Good day guys. I'm trying to create a drop-down box for my navigation, just like the one used to reduce the space occupied by the navigation links here on nairaland. I mean that type that has a '+' symbol by it. When you click it, the '+' changes to '-' and the content become visible. What's the html tag for it?
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by GodMode: 6:24am On Sep 01, 2014
Craigston: Good day guys. I'm trying to create a drop-down box for my navigation, just like the one used to reduce the space occupied by the navigation links here on nairaland. I mean that type that has a '+' symbol by it. When you click it, the '+' changes to '-' and the content become visible. What's the html tag for it?

NL does not have drop down menus.

You can create a drop down using html/css or javascript/jquery.

I guess this is what you're looking for:

<select>
  <option>craigston</option>
  <option>craigston web</option>
  <option>craigston pro</option>
  <option>pls ban craigston</option>
</select>
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by jumox: 7:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Craigston: Good day guys. I'm trying to create a drop-down box for my navigation, just like the one used to reduce the space occupied by the navigation links here on nairaland. I mean that type that has a '+' symbol by it. When you click it, the '+' changes to '-' and the content become visible. What's the html tag for it?
what you are referring to is a final product of opera mini compression.
You only see that in opera mini.
That is not to say it cant be implemented with js and css.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2014
GodMode:

NL does not have drop down menus.

You can create a drop down using html/css or javascript/jquery.

I guess this is what you're looking for:

<select>
  <option>craigston</option>
  <option>craigston web</option>
  <option>craigston pro</option>
  <option>pls help craigston</option>
</select>
I understand this. But it doesn't give me the compression and the arrow sign still shows, instead of the plus sign.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by GodMode: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Craigston: I understand this. But it doesn't give me the compression and the arrow sign still shows, instead of the plus sign.

Then that will involve js/jquery and css.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 9:27am On Sep 01, 2014
jumox: what you are referring to is a final product of opera mini compression.
You only see that in opera mini.
That is not to say it cant be implemented with js and css.
That means opera mini does it even if it's not part of the source code. Okay. And some forms of it would need you to click a button before the navigation links load. You'd see something like this( >> ) on the button. I want either of the both examples to make my navigation occupy less space.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 9:35am On Sep 01, 2014
GodMode:

Then that will involve js/jquery and css.
Okay. I'll try it.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by GodMode: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2014
Craigston: Okay. I'll try it.

do you have jquery
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
GodMode:

do you have jquery
Not yet. I'm a newbie. When I'm ready for it, I'll do it.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by GodMode: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
Craigston: Not yet. I'm a newbie. When I'm ready for it, I'll do it.

I have what you want but you'll need jquery cos doing it in javascript is stressful lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
GodMode:

I have what you want but you'll need jquery cos doing it in javascript is stressful lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I don't know much of that. I'm a newbie. I've just started learning javascript. I'd have gone farther in this if I had a pc. So I'm learning html, css and javascript on mobile which limits me greatly. I hope I'll get a pc someday. You can just leave the procedure in my inbox. When I'm ripe, I'll check it out.
Re: Request: Drop-down List Box by Craigston: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Okay guys. I have another problem here. I want to display login form on a page header when the sign in link is clicked. I tried it with javascript using this code:
<script...>[!CDATA [function signIn(var logForm='<form>...</form>' document.write(logForm); )]]</script> and the html:
<a onClick='signIn()'>Log in</a>. It doesn't even show any sign to work. Could someone please help.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Send Facebook Friend Request Even When You Are Blocked / In Need Of A Webguru / Create An Adsense, Amazon And Clickbank Affiliate Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.