Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow (2242 Views)

State In Nigeria As Drop Down / How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form / How Do I Use An HTML Code (2) (3) (4)

Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by omni1: 2:14am On Apr 16, 2012
Please your solution should be CSS only and no JS.

Assuming you have a select menu:

<form method="post" action="">
<select name="category">
<option name="products"> Products</option>
<option name="distributors"> Distributors</option>
</select>
</form>

The puzzle here is to replace the drop-down arrow of the select box with an image. Show your codes and explain too.
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2012
Santa Maria! is this even possible? I aint seen it done before! Short of overlying with image, but you will still need some js/jquery??
If you hide the arrow, how are you going to drop the stuff down??
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by DualCore1: 7:21am On Apr 16, 2012
The arrow can't be removed but some CSS tricks can be used to overlay something else on it. I have done this before but can't remember for which project. IE is a stubborn browser for this trick.

I will do some search later hoping I can see it.

Thanks for this thread too, the first sane thread in many "years" tongue

Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by omni1: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2012
Now people have all disappeared... What's happening? This is not PHP peeps. Just HTML and CSS. I am expecting more contributions please.
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by netesy(m): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2012
cant do it now make i research
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by sisqology(m): 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
Any gift? :p
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by moderattor: 12:34am On Apr 17, 2012
Its so simple
but you are throwing it up as a competition instead of honestly requesting for help.
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by DualCore1: 5:22am On Apr 17, 2012
moderattor: Its so simple
but you are throwing it up as a competition instead of honestly requesting for help.

This should be your most unintelligent reply ever, or I may be wrong.

You see a board that is dying, someone is trying his best to bring it back to life, what are you doing? Deciphering whether a thread is a request or a thread. You are either part of any solution or the problem. Make yourself useful here or just leave people who want to learn to learn.
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by sisqology(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2012
Gbam!!! U don nack d nail for head
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by netesy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2012
Dual Core:

You see a board that is dying, someone is trying his best to bring it back to life, what are you doing? Deciphering whether a thread is a request or a thread. You are either part of any solution or the problem. Make yourself useful here or just leave people who want to learn to learn.
SECONDED!
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by Slyr0x: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Teacher,

Are we allowed to copy & paste sir?
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by DualCore1: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
Slyr0x: Teacher,

Are we allowed to copy & paste sir?
Do what you did in your JAMB exam 10 years ago. lipsrsealed
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by moderattor: 12:30am On Apr 18, 2012
Dual Core:

I am the bolded. cheesy
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by omni1: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
Plenty talks ooo.

moderattor: Its so simple

If you are looking for competition, stick to and follow @Seun so he can give you money.

Any solutions yet?
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
So seun is giving out money to programmers eh?
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by ogzille(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
sees question, searches head, cant find my css dictionary, pursues poster with a cutlass for certain reasons tongue

will be back

Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by omni1: 6:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
ogzille: sees question, searches head, cant find my css dictionary, pursues poster with a cutlass for certain reasons tongue

will be back

I dey run so tee my heels dey touch the back of my head shocked
Re: Browser Compatible Code: How To Style An Html Select Box To Omit Drop Down Arrow by omni1: 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
*dhtml:
So seun is giving out money to programmers eh?

The new way out bro. I nefa ge money likam to de gif pple tongue

9mobile 2018 Data Plans Price And Subscription Codes - UPDATED / How Can I Link A Form In My Website To A Table In My Database / Pay After Service: Blog Design + 5k Facebook Group For #2,000