Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land (913 Views)

EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / SSS Raids Col. Bello Fadile’s Home, Seizes Computer Hard Drive / 100,000 Man March In Support Of Palestinian Bid For Statehood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by Ibnsultan01: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2014
US official describes as "counterproductive"
Israeli announcement to appropriate land,
said to be largest in 30 years.
The United States has urged Israel to
reverse its decision to seize nearly 400
hectares of land in the occupied West Bank,
a move anti-settlement activists termed the
largest land grab in 30 years.
Israel announced the massive land
appropriation on Sunday in the Etzion
settlement bloc near Bethlehem just days
after Gaza ceasefire.
A Palestinian official said the latest land
grab by Israel would cause only more
friction after the Gaza war that left more
than 2,000 Palestinians dead and over
10,000 injured.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas,
called on Israel to cancel the appropriation.
"This decision will lead to more instability.
This will only inflame the situation after the
war in Gaza," presidential spokesman Abu
Rdainah said.
A US State Department official called the
announcement as "counterproductive to
Israel's stated goal of a negotiated two-state
solution with the Palestinians".
"We urge the government of Israel to
reverse this decision," the official said in
Washington.
Peace Now group, which opposes Israeli
settlement activities in the West Bank,
territory the Palestinians seek for a state,
said the appropriation was meant to turn a
site where 10 families now live adjacent to a
Jewish seminary into a permanent
settlement.
International criticism
Construction of a major settlement at the
location, known as "Gevaot", has been
mooted by Israel since 2000. Last year, the
government invited bids for the building of
1,000 housing units at the site.
Peace Now said the land seizure was the
largest announced by Israel in the West
Bank since the 1980s and that anyone with
ownership claims had 45 days to appeal. A
local Palestinian mayor said Palestinians
owned the tracts and harvested olive trees
on them.
Israel has come under international
criticism over its settlement activities, which
most countries regard as illegal under
international law and a major obstacle to
the creation of a viable Palestinian state in
any future peace deal.
Israel has said construction at Gevaot would
not constitute the establishment of a new
settlement because the site is officially
designated a neighbourhood of an existing
one, Alon Shvut, several kilometres down
the road.
About 500,000 Israelis live among 2.4
million Palestinians in the West Bank and
East Jerusalem, territory that Israel
captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

1 Like

Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
The international community has to come to grips with it, Israel has been on an expansionist programme since 1967 and would keep on it till the end of time. Haters in the middle east and beyond can whince all they want, it aint gonna change a thing. Anyone who dares should throw the first bomb, you go knw say A/C no be fan.

8 Likes

Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:47am On Sep 01, 2014
To me if the said 400 hectars is free of any settlement as I watched in cnn lastnite then israel should annex it.
Afterall In every war fought and won there must be spoils and POWs.
Na my opinion o!! A funny one sha!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by seanet02: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2014
ZKOSOSO: To me if the said 400 hectars is free of any settlement as I watched in cnn lastnite then israel should annex it.
Afterall In every war fought and won there must be spoils and POWs.
Na my opinion o!! A funny one sha!!!
ignoramus
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by CyberWolf: 9:50am On Sep 01, 2014
This Idiotiic OP,where is ur source?...Terrorists Muslims only knows how to spread propaganda..... angry

1 Like

Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Israel, grabbing other people's land since the time of the bible grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by Ibnsultan01: 10:15am On Sep 01, 2014
CyberWolf: This Idiotiic OP,where is ur source?...Terrorists Muslims only knows how to spread propaganda..... angry
WaW. I have paid my dues as a patriot have u. I guess u don't know the reason for cont violence in the region.
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by CyberWolf: 10:37am On Sep 01, 2014
Ibnsultan01: WaW. I have paid my dues as a patriot have u. I guess u don't know the reason for cont violence in the region.
where is your source
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by Ibnsultan01: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2014
CyberWolf: where is your source
http://m.aljazeera.com/se/20149111628544678
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by thwarrior72: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Israel should annexe Palestine totally, after all Jordan is occupying nearly half of they land with out single complain from them....bunch of terrorists
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2014
The land was given to Israel by God. Push the terrorists further into the desert.
Re: Israel Seizes 400 Hectares Of Palestinian West Bank Land by aminho(m): 3:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
and some still support the Jewish state

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Thread On Kings College Admission List For 2014/2015? / Senators To Jonathan: Nigerians Are Frustrated, Helpless And Angry. / Prophet T.B. Joshua’s Alleged Bribe: The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.