Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Naija's Queen Of Rap - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija's Queen Of Rap (2146 Views)

Poll: Who is Naija's queen of rap?

Sasha: 27% (3 votes)
Kel: 36% (4 votes)
Blaise: 27% (3 votes)
Kemistry: 0% (0 votes)
My Choice (submit in thread): 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / Evi-Edna Ogholi, Nigeria's Queen Of Reggae / Yoruba Rap Lives On 4reva With Big Dido (d Abija Of Rap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija's Queen Of Rap by ajaabi(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2008
Rap is fast being taken over by lady musicians, Sasha, Kel, Kemistry, Bouqui, Blaise, etc.
But who would you say is your lady of Rap? Give reason: poise, carriage, songs, flow, and more.
We are carrying out a survey for which suggested names would be used and we can vote online.
Suggest your rap female, give reasons why you choose her, and state why you think rapper suggest by somebody else does not deserve the TITLE.

Here it starts:
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Dclique(m): 11:02am On Oct 28, 2008
SASHA,Y'Al knw why.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by maedan(f): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2008
For now, no good female rapper because they're all still copying the old Eve. Eve has even changed her style, why can't they? Please, we need someone original, the way 9ice, Modenine etc are original.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by elopee(m): 1:22am On Nov 10, 2008
first of all i need to point out that 9ice isn't a rapper @maedan , pls take note

Blaise is d best on the scene right now, she totally dusted Kemistry,sasha and bouqui on the joint they did together. i still can't rate kel cos i haven't heard her do a real rap track, but she's got swag and nice tits. smiley
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by dominique(f): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2008
the reigning queen of rap right now in naija is B-L-A-I-S-E
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by maedan(f): 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2008
elopee:

first of all i need to point out that 9ice isn't a rapper @maedan , please take note

hey, to me, he is. At least, on that track with Tuface(Street Cred) he rapped some cool lines. To say the truth, I was refering to his originality and style.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Chilily(f): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2008
I wud go 4 sasha anyday anytym,she is the queen of rap music in naija,her style,her flows,in evrytin u can use 2grade rappers,she's go it.And i really tink 9ice is just a yoruba nigga
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by zainab02(f): 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2008
actually aw wuuld u grade the best cos wats sauce 4d goose aint sauce 4d gander,but jus lyk sasha wuld say why dont we just listen nd feel their songs rather than comparin them to each other.and according to kel she is nt the queen of rap but jus a female so yall lets giv it up 4our female mcs cos they av all got it but each one of dem has their own swag on.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by trhymes(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2008
It is sasha. cool
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by DoubleN(m): 12:37am On Dec 08, 2008
Has to be BLAISE. The chick can rap with deadly punch lines.Heard her first sometime 2006 on a collabo with freestyle on his Album;the track is called braggin rights.As for Sasha and the others they don't have their own unique style and image,they are just EVE wannabes except Kel who is just blowing up!
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by pheesayor(m): 5:12am On Dec 08, 2008
Anytime anyday it's BLAISE, Kels is starting to impress me too but Blaise deserves it
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Tosinville(m): 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2008
I love BLAISE flows alot in da dj jimmy jatt collaboration and thumb up for her but KEL is also tight tough.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Czarskit(m): 9:24am On Dec 19, 2008
wink Sasha's d first,
Blaise's d best.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2008
Kel is simply interesting, i believe she is the best. listen to her album, its out. Her early works are nice. Sasha is also good. Dont know much about Blaise, but in her collabo with Jimmy she spat fire. Bouqi's album was a great one and her rap lines were ok.

As a matter of fact i can't say who for now.

But lets sit and watch whats gonna happen in 2009.

Donpuzo aka Dogman
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by GoldCircle: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2008
Sasha is d queen of Naija's rap!she's got style & flowetry!
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2008
It's sasha. . Guys. . .
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2008
And the winner of Naija's Queen Of Rap. . .is
Speech. . . . . .Just kiddin' . . . .

''SASHA'' .
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Jelectric(m): 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2009
No doubt Sasha is good, but Baize is of DA HOOK!!!!!!!!!

She is the hottest right now,   cheesy grin smiley
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Pamperme: 7:25pm On Jan 08, 2009
sasha cool
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by elcij(m): 12:40am On Jan 09, 2009
Blaise is the best no contest.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2009
Blaise is the queen.I'm beginning to feel Kelechi(Kel)
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by djcrucifix(m): 1:23am On Jan 14, 2009
i'll go for BLAISE, her lyrics are tight, her composition is superb and she has a kind of swag that i just love, besides she's kinda gangstar cool
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Phiniter(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think Sasha 's fading right now,

Blaise is at her peak

Kel is to watch out for
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Moyola(f): 11:58am On Apr 21, 2009
BLAISE?
KEL?
dunno dem. . . undecided links plzz! tongue
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by mukina2: 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
i have only watched a video of kels and she is good.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by rapjunkie(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2009
All these queens of rap with no albums sef!!!

and why they all sound like they from Brooklyn?

Sasha is the undisputed queen because she has had a hit record plus an album to her name.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by ElRazur: 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
rapjunkie:

All these queens of rap with no albums sef!!!

and why they all sound like they from Brooklyn?

Sasha is the undisputed queen because she has had a hit record plus an album to her name.

It is one of the many reasons I really do not take a lot of Naija hiphop artist serious. It is too hard for my people to be who they are. Even the craziest thing is when they rap with Yoruba, it sounds like English. How scary is that. grin
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by chrisical(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
NA BLAISE BE THE QUEEN
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by Bonjeh: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2009
BLAISE?
KEL?
dunno dem. . .  Undecided links plzz! Tongue

Blaise Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxSR-gEVeRs
Kel Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR9GcpGpq8Y

It is one of the many reasons I really do not take a lot of Naija hiphop artist serious. It is too hard for my people to be who they are. Even the craziest thing is when they rap with Yoruba, it sounds like English. How scary is that. Grin

Most rappers sound like they are from Brooklyn because most of who they listen too are from the USA. They are clearly influenced by what they listen to. Please don't hate on them because of the accent sometimes it is subconcious. I don't think they are trying to be other then who they are. I mean some people when they talk it is very different from how they sing, would U criticize those  people too.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by rapjunkie(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
Bonjeh:

Most rappers sound like they are from Brooklyn because most of who they listen too are from the USA. They are clearly influenced by what they listen to. Please don't hate on them because of the accent sometimes it is subconcious. I don't think they are trying to be other then who they are. I mean some people when they talk it is very different from how they sing, would U criticize those  people too.

I don't agree. There was problem like this in the UK when British MC's all had american accents in the 90's. Does anyone remember phoebe 1 or iceberg slim?

Anyways, through garage and grime they discovered their voices and when you hear a UK hip hop act today you instantly know where they are from.

The problem with our girls at the moment is that their ' americana' accents are TOO thick and it just reeks of copy, copy.

That's why i continue to say that there is massive void awaiting to be filled by the first 'real' naija female MC. When that happens none of you will remember any of these broads currently making noise with no albums.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by ElRazur: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2009
Bonjeh:

Most rappers sound like they are from Brooklyn because most of who they listen too are from the USA. They are clearly influenced by what they listen to. Please don't hate on them because of the accent sometimes it is subconcious. I don't think they are trying to be other then who they are. I mean some people when they talk it is very different from how they sing, would U criticize those  people too.

Rap Junkie gave you some few pointers already. Allow me to add a few to what he said!

Football was created in England right? While it is played all over the world, the footie game have been adapted to suit the style of its 2nd home. Brazilian football style is different from Spanish etc. Not everyone tired to play the English way.

I am a big rap fan and while I try to spit every now and then, I try to remain who I am and how I speak. To use an example closer to home Rugged man was influence by Run DMC, Dre, NWA and co. Yet he sounds more Nigerian and more real those some of those naija artist out there.

Mimicking others can be a good form of flattery, how ever it is nothing but imitation. Let us not forget that.
Re: Naija's Queen Of Rap by ElRazur: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2009
Come to think of it, how the heck do one raps in Yoruba and it ended up sounding like it is some Brooklyn accent or something,  grin

The so called first lady of rap is guilty of this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

M.i-the Incredible Blunder / Mode Nine Album 'da Vinci Mode' Is Now Available On Notjustok.com / What Happened To Mario Valesquez? He Made One Hit And Poof, Gone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.