Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Remember Remember, The First Of September! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Remember, The First Of September! (954 Views)

Do You Still Remember The First Novel Or Storybook You Read? / Anybody Old Enough To Remember The "pacesetters" Series / Do You Remember the Pacesetters Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remember Remember, The First Of September! by bigt2(m): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
This story was inspired by what really happened, and how i spent my first of September, my month!
Dedicated to my parents, siblings, unborn kids, and unpurchased pets. I hope you enjoy it as the mystery of the first of September unravels.

CHAPTER 1
Remember remember, the first of September!
It was just like any other day when i woke up to grace the beauty of the dawn. I felt this residual pain in my shoulders, as sharp as Boxer's (Animal Farm character). Happy new month! I wishpered to myself as i got out of my warm and cozy bed, to start a new working week - Monday, first of September, two thousand and fourteen (2014, pardon my anxiety to rush over the qwerty keypad smiley ).

The frenzy started at 7-30am, 'I have to get to work early because this is my month!', I wishpered as i made my way to the bathroom after normal morning greetings. Oops! Did i recall the fact that my intestines have had much to do during midnight that I was pressed? I 'chanced' mom to the toilet, for the master room toilet, and others had been occupied. I dipped my hand into the water-filled bucket before the toilet seat (never mind, it was a combo toilet) as i offloaded on grin.

Warmth! That was what i felt. Superb! I exclaimed. Finishing 'jacking' I shaply took my bath, listening to mum commenting about the toilet hijack. I came out of the bathroom completely 'frosh' (freshened up, and confident). This is a good way to start a day, isint it? Whatever - You thought so.
I made my way to my room to dress up. Had nothing in my tiny fashion partition of mind earlier, and thus, i decided to dress casual to work. Laptop, Check. CPU unit (for a repair in the office), check. Mobile, double check. Intact, i went for the car keys.
Re: Remember Remember, The First Of September! by bigt2(m): 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Should i go on?

(1) (Reply)

That Taxi Driver From Ilorin / Who Killed Babytim? / Christmas Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.