Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria (68720 Views)

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money / Hottest Ways Of Making Cool Money Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
crudedude:

In fact, all the bets.

The sudden proliferation of these bet shops is alarming.

I'm just waiting for a fine week when mancity,chelsea,arsenal,bayern munich,Barcelona, madrid,Dortmund and athletico will have a favourable match.

i swear after winning my stake,i resign...
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by ajidesola: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
A jobless man dat is using ipad, blackberry,laptop nd DSTV, were do u xpext him to see money to subscribe.

Nd most expecially d NAIRABETERS, y nt stop wasting ur tym nd face reality. D prob wit many is LAZINESS aftrall u'r nt disabled

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
philclem: embarassedPaying 150 for a seat in MOLUE from Ojota to IKD when u can stand for 50 bucks embarassed embarassed angry
U fit treck self, u no go pay at all.#olodo

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
acada111:

U go kon chook the egg inside the buns, chew the two together, abi? cheesy

i have laugh nd tiregringringrin
you nor go kill pesin oo

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Joel3(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
I weep because many don't know what make economy so rich.

To have a vibrant economy Money have to keep exchanging hand constantly from one to another. Everybody needs to buy anything for buying seek.

if everybody save then economy will be slow, stock and freeze.

You all will still complain blaming GEJ

Go and study well people

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Deguy12: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
(11) Killing yourself to feed and maintain an android phone daily while your career lies in blackberry and Nokia cry

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by emmygzy(m): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
Playing baba ijebu
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Thayoor: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote
author=guente02]Buying a Psp console for 50k when you can get a monster
high end pc flr 120k that would serve for years. Or Buying Airtel BIS
when you can contact NL data resellers. [/quote]Are those NL data resellers for real?I thought they were scammers.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Brainiacmrtolz(m): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
Useless networks like MTN taking away credit illegally
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by oskaaay(m): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
what about RECHARGE CARDS via CALLING and BROWSING

Twitter Followers Giveaway(1)-get 100 Followers Free-foskaay Enterprises more at https://www.nairaland.com/1881887/twitter-followers-giveaway-1-get
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by guente02(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Thayoor: Are those NL data resellers for real?I thought they were scammers.
They are for real.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by komodapson(m): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
kunlesehan:
I don't agree with u
atimes it's cheaper to buy milk than to own a cow.
lol
lipsrsealed kiss badt guy. U de funny

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by pussypounder(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
my dad wants me to stop posting on nairaland else hes gonna smash my head into the keyboaevfrhebpifvrinehvfrqkmwqkdmjwediefcrji

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by keandre: 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
tochilastborn: abeg share such gals cum my side na

na person share dem cm my side? find them na
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Henryedom: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
bet9ja + sportybet. have lost alot to this two theives. and I keep getting the impression that I will get my money back from them but instead they keep stealing from me

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 12:43am On Sep 03, 2014
Henryedom: bet9ja + sportybet. have lost alot to this two theives. and I keep getting the impression that I will get my money back from them but instead they keep stealing from me

Get a gun

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by babino22: 12:59am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=InvertedHammer]
\

Nothing more to add.

You said it all

there is still something to add which is using over 20k to register for GNLD with nobody to convince and confuse out there because everybody don wise up so u end up using all kit given to you by yourself.

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Suspect33(m): 1:04am On Sep 03, 2014
#11= Using MTN Network
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 1:32am On Sep 03, 2014
babino22: there is still something to add which is using over 20k to register for GNLD with nobody to convince and confuse out there because everybody don wise up so u end up using all kit given to you by yourself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 03, 2014
ochejoseph: 1. Unnecessary Parties

It is estimated that Laan's spend close to 40 billion naira annually on parties alone .

Most analyst have argued that most of these parties are completely unnecessary and most times do not add value to either the host or the guests.

2. Insisting on Designers, Labels, and Brands

From groceries to clothing to prescription drugs, you can save money by choosing an off-brand over a fancy label. And in many cases, you won't sacrifice much in quality. Clever advertising and fancy packaging don't make brand-name products better than lesser-known brands.

For example, generic drugs can cost as much as 80% less than their brand-name alternatives.

3. Shopping at the wrong store
If you are Particular about price then don't just walk into any store , a Bottle of drink at MM2 will cost you almost thrice the amount you buy it at your neighborhood fast food outlet , a supermarket in victoria Island will not sell Gala at the price you get it in Oshodi

4. Paying for "ashoebi" you may Never wear again,

Today, almost all weddings, burials,Birthdays and even naming ceremonies now have a uniforms which organizers use in adding color and or liquidating their guests ! This is one of the Biggest drain pipes in most low income Families who can hardly afford three square meals but are willing to mortgage their 5 months salary for a 2 hours programme!

5. Maintaining a Fleet of Cars
Most people keep a fleet of car to show the world they have arrived , However they fail to realize that their cars start diminishing in value the moment they drove out of the show room . The Insurance ,licensing , and maintenance is an unnecessary expense for a vehicle you drive once in a month!

6. Multiple Girlfriends or Sugar Boys.

Women are wonderful creatures, history is replete with men who died because of women only to have those women become concubines of the men who killed their lovers .
A Man with a retinue of girlfriends will have to Buy Credit for Shade , change wardrobe for Ngozi and pay house rent for Fatima all these add up to keep the young mans account in perpetual red !

In the same vein women are reinventing slavery but this time on a different dimension, they have mastered the act of keeping "Bingos" whose only duty is allegiance to the Bosom of a woman old enough to be their mothers .

One peculiar thing about these "bingos" is the Fact that they have taste as such keeping many "Bingos" sometimes leave a tsunami effect on the bank account !

7. Leaving Your Money in a Low-Interest Account

If you're stashing your cash in a traditional savings account earning next to nothing, you're wasting it. Make sure you're getting the best return on your money. Fix any money you don't need and earn good returns from your bank instead of paying account management fees to a bank which charges you for using your money.

8. Not Pulling the Plug on Electronics

If you use a prepaid meter this is one of the reasons your credits develop wings.
Electronics that have a clock or operate by remote are typical culprits. The obvious way to pull the plug on your energy vampires is to do just that -- pull the plug. Or buy a device to do it for you, such as a Smart Strip Power Strip which will stop drawing electricity when the gadgets are turned off and pay for itself within a few months.

9.Buying at the Wrong time !

This mistake could some times have devastating effect Its is dangerous to Buy a Land or House during dry season because the area might be prune to floods or the Land could be waterlogged .

Building during raining season on the other hand also has some advantages

1. Cost of Building materials especially cement falls

2.Molding Blocks and water supply for concretes works could be made easier especially for those in arid areas

10. Borrower !

Pls Borrow me =N= 500,000 I have a business deal I must close tonight?

Many people have lost millions and made great and wicked enemies just because they choosed to help.

The wisdom here is never lend out an amount you are not willing to forget!

Any business that is too good to be true is too Good to be legal!

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph
yes you're right. Also making unnecessary calls especialyy calling you girlfriend or boyfriend and discussing in material things that will never generate you cash..Burning up to 50grv on just call..
Also hanging out when its not necessary.taking your ladies out for shoppking.Buying hairs changing wardropes for you girl are the worst.
Cut limitations on how you make friends on how you date. love thus topic thank you
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Squall(m): 1:45am On Sep 03, 2014
irunobo2: Buying a matress for 25k when you can get a mat for N500.

Buying a fridge when you can get cold rain water for free.

paying tithes and offering when you know its a scam undecided undecided undecided

ur mata na serious 1-o! grin grin grin
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by lepasharon(f): 2:34am On Sep 03, 2014
My mum will like this thread cheesy She's always going on and on about wasting money angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by poxibility: 3:08am On Sep 03, 2014
Kalashy: When you have the money they call 'money', all this will just be like drop of water in an ocean. #story for the gods

You should at least wait for that money to come first, even if it eventually comes, why spending it foolishly when there are lots of needy people around you?

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 5:56am On Sep 03, 2014
Eating a plate of food for #400 wen a foil of moi moi/okpa worth #50 could ve achieved d same effect grin

Taking a girl to an expensive fast food joint when u shld ve taken her to a road side joint

Driving unnecessarily wen u shld ve taken public trans

Eating three times a day wen two shld ve been enough

Keeping alot of beer palour frnds who only talks abt wen n where to meet up n shak n carry women arnd - applies to guys

Calling wen u shld ve used bbm or whatsapp to communicate

Keeping a girlfriend wen marriage is nt yet in view,wen a female frnd would ve served same purpose n ll cost far less tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by harffie(m): 5:58am On Sep 03, 2014
KillerBeauty: Eating in a fast food restaurant instead of cooking your own food
This applies to moi....infact I jes I spent 3k for bukka inside Lekki!
Crazy when I saw my bills!
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Omexonomy: 6:11am On Sep 03, 2014
debicy:

Am very sure you live in mosafejo ajegunle. Ode.
badia on top of canal.
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by eugenela(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2014
Visiting of babes/friends.......
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by blakky97(m): 6:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Using kerosene stove and buying kerosene everyday and washing back of pot instead of buying gas cooker and refilling it every 3 months

4 Likes

Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by blakky97(m): 6:48am On Sep 03, 2014
harffie:
This applies to moi....infact I jes I spent 3k for bukka inside Lekki!
Crazy when I saw my bills!
Bukka hut?
Re: 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria by Habidab: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2014
Asoebi we I don buy plenty die,but after occasion I no dey wear them again,good write up,I don learn now sha.

Forming big guy na waste of money as well.good morning landers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies / Meet Mammy Ochefu The Woman Who Started Mammy Market In Soldiers Barracks / Is This A Fake N1000 Note Or CBN Error? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.