Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard (1914 Views)

Police Seal Up 22 Rivers LG Secretariat On Orders From IG / Rivers LG Poll: APC Leads In 22 Out Of 23 Councils / Seriake Dickson Blasts Amaechi, Jang, Others For Destroying Governors Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2014
For allegedly destroying a billboard bearing the portrait of President Goodluck Jonathan, the Rivers State Police Command yesterday arrested the Caretaker Committee Chairman of Omuma Local Government Area of the state, Emeka Nwogu.The Rivers State Commissioner for Special Duties, Dickson Umunnakwe, who confirmed the development, said the chairman was arrested at his Port Harcourt residence.He said the council chairman was accused of directing policemen attached to him to destroy the billboards bearing the portrait of President Jonathan, adding that Omuma was arrested in the wee hours of yesterday by operatives numbering over 60 and taken into police custody.The commissioner, however, said there was no evidence linking the council chairman with the destruction, adding that “the council boss is being victimised by the police for no just cause”.“The caretaker committee chairman of Omuma was arrested yesterday by the Rivers State police command. I called the commissioner of police and he confirmed to me that the council boss was arrested. I pleaded with him to release the man. The chairman of Omuma caretaker committee is known to me and he is not a violent person. I don’t want to believe that he ordered the destruction of Jonathan’s billboard”, he said.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Omexonomy: 7:08am On Sep 02, 2014
A lot of people will soon die of jelousy over gej reelection bid.

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by MyIncorp: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2014
Omexonomy: A lot of people will soon die of jelousy over gej reelection bid.
grin
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 7:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Omexonomy: A lot of people will soon die of jelousy over gej reelection bid.

Can you clannish bigots ever read, comprehend and speak in a moderately objective manner as even a child can do? Over 60 security operatives to arrest one man suspected of defacing GEJ election poster? With all the problem Nigeria is facing we are seeing this bullying, desperate and overwhelming show of insecurity-driven abuse of power and you are here talking crap about "reelection bid?

All I see are the desperate antics of a team very worried about failure and trying to cower everyone into backing a 'rejection bid'.

15 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2014
Both the policemen who went to destroy the billboard and the ones who went to arrest the chairman are all zombies!

The chairman should be shot though, but he will turn into a martyr.

Jonathan shld knw by now that he has lost rivers!!
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by talktimi(m): 8:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Can you clannish bigots ever read, comprehend and speak in a moderately objective manner as even a child can do? Over 60 security operatives to arrest one man suspected of defacing GEJ election poster? With all the problem Nigeria is facing we are seeing this bullying, desperate and overwhelming show of insecurity-driven abuse of power and you are here talking crap about "reelection bid?

All I see are the desperate antics of a team very worried about failure and trying to cower everyone into backing a 'rejection bid'.
what is clannish and bigoted about what omexonomy said abi you just felt like blowing hot grammar?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 02, 2014
talktimi: what is clannish and bigoted about what omexonomy said abi you just felt like blowing hot grammar?
Lol grin
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Fear is clearly written on the face of detractors,either they like it,or not,GEJ till world ends.

TeamGEJ for life.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by brownlord: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Your problem now is the numbers of security men sent to arrest him right? Not if he's guilty or not, how is that your business if i may ask? Are you a security personnel that should determine numbers of men that should go for operation?

Why not stfu if you got nothing to say, or must you comment on every thread. A council boss like him will have thugs, send 5 police there so the supporter of APC thugs can descend on them right?

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 02, 2014
Freedom of expression. grin
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by otokx(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2014
The 2015 election will show who is the Boss in Rivers State.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 9:01am On Sep 02, 2014
talktimi: what is clannish and bigoted about what omexonomy said abi you just felt like blowing hot grammar?

Mumu, I can only suggest that objective Nairalanders inspect the archived posts of both of you so they note extremely clannish and bigoted minds.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Ngwakwe: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014

He usually inject it to make his argument weighty.

When nobody says anything when people boast with the advantage the "cult-like followership" Buhari commands in Core Northern Nigeria Islamic-declared States as an advantage in elections.

I don't understand the contrast or Is it just plain resentment?

I love debates (notwithstanding the virtual clashes) than bloodshed, this has made wars between Igbos and Yorubas impossible and so shall it remain.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 9:10am On Sep 02, 2014
brownlord:

Your problem now is the numbers of security men sent to arrest him right? Not if he's guilty or not, how is that your business if i may ask? Are you a security personnel that should determine numbers of men that should go for operation?

Why not stfu if you got nothing to say, or must you comment on every thread. A council boss like him will have thugs, send 5 police there so the supporter of APC thugs can descend on them right?

Illiterate and imbecilic, almost to the point of retardation, is what you nuisance Jonathanians are. The man, according to the report, was arrested "at his Port Harcourt residence" and you are talking as if he accomodates a battallion in his house? Do you have any sense at all?

To any objective person looking at the trends currently, it is obvious GEJ and his backers are very jittery and scared of their own shadow. Hence the effort to silence opposition voices everywhere with overwhelming display of force which is never deployed when and where needed. I suggest you take your own advice and STFU.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by focus7: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

the level of tyranny being displayed by Jonathan administration to perceived opposition is alarming.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by 100Cents: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2014
Him no dey fear face ?
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
focus7: they level of tyranny being displayed by Jonathan administration to perceived opposition is alarming.

Indeed. Any objective person will appreciate the insecurity driving the actions of a very disappointing and failed Peesident who now wants to cower all opposition voices against his attempt to retain power when this is seen, worldwide, as simply a terrible development for Nigeria.

Of all the problems of Nigeria we see over 60 security operatives deployed to tackle what is effectively hooligan behaviour? Where else in the world is this seen other than in militarised and failed States? The desperation of team GEJ is just beginning.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by brownlord: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Illiterate and imbecilic, almost to the point of retardation, is what you nuisance Jonathanians are. The man, according to the report, was arrested "at his Port Harcourt residence" and you are talking as if he accomodates a battallion in his house? Do you have any sense at all?

To any objective person looking at the trends currently, it is obvious GEJ and his backers are very jittery and scared of their own shadow. Hence the effort to silence opposition voices everywhere with overwhelming display of force which is never deployed when and where needed. I suggest you take your own advice and STFU.

You and who is jonathanians, you high on skunk or what ? you think everyone dedicate their life to spew trash and spread propaganda on social network, what's your reason for questioning the numbers of security men sent to him, what you should be talking about is if guilty or not, reasons why he did if he did not how many security men was sent to arrest him, see how stupid you are? Where do politicians use thugs in their office right? You need stop this pay per post business man.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Ngwakwe:

He usually inject it to make his argument weighty.

When nobody says anything when people boast with the advantage the "cult-like followership" Buhari commands in Core Northern Nigeria Islamic-declared States as an advantage in elections.

I don't understand the contrast or Is it just plain resentment?

I love debates (notwithstanding the virtual clashes) than bloodshed, this has made wars between Igbos and Yorubas impossible and so shall it remain.

What is this confused person saying? Kindly continue reading and remaining mute if you have nothing sensible to add. As usual, those ravaged with insecurity will manage to mention Buhari, Tinubu, El Rufai et al over an issue that concerns their messiah alone.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2014
As usual, the Police Force and its unprofessionalism and partisanship. Shame

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by brownlord: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: As usual, the Police Force and its unprofessionalism and partisanship. Shame

Just shut up, you this ass licking okrika boy sucking the balls of dunce on nairaland to be accepted in the jan.janweed camp
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Indeed. Any objective person will appreciate the insecurity driving the actions of a very disappointing and failed Peesident who now wants to cower all opposition voices against his attempt to retain power when this is seen, worldwide, as simply a terrible development for Nigeria.

Of all the problems of Nigeria we see over 60 security operatives deployed to tackle what is effectively hooligan behaviour? Where else in the world is this seen other than in militarised and failed States? The desperation of team GEJ is just beginning.
The Battalions will be more useful in Gwoza, Bama and environs
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by skyfall: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2014
If Jonathan was performing as much as you guys tell us, perhaps he won't even need any campaign posters. I only hope that when the tables are turned against your "lord and savior" in future, you'd keep mute then.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 9:41am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: As usual, the Police Force and its unprofessionalism and partisanship. Shame

This President has, more than any in recent memory, seriously bastardised our armed and security forces with his divisive and Machiavellian ways. Professionalism is now a word one cannot attach to very important Nigerian security offices anymore.

If it is not the spokeperson of The DSS acting like the town crier of the PDP, it is a whole General insanely conducting himself without dignity and mimicking an indisciplined recruit by trading allegation wildly and disgracefully. This President has simply made Nigeria a joke with his crude and desperate ways.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

This President has, more than any in recent memory, seriously bastardised our armed and security forces with his divisove and Machiavellian ways. Professionalism is now a word one cannot attach to very important Nigerian security offices anymore.

If it is not the spokeperson of The DSS acting like the town crier of the PDP, it is a whole General insanely like an indisciplined recruit to be trading allegation wildly. The President has made Nigeria a joke with his crude and desperate ways.
Sometimes I begin to wonder whether our REAL Armed forces servicemen have been moved for Peacekeeping Missions Abroad and the Man o' War are the ones doing their job
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

This President has, more than any in recent memory, seriously bastardised our armed and security forces with his divisive and Machiavellian ways. Professionalism is now a word one cannot attach to very important Nigerian security offices anymore.

If it is not the spokeperson of The DSS acting like the town crier of the PDP, it is a whole General insanely conducting himself without dignity and mimicking an indisciplined recruit by trading allegation wildly and disgracefully. This President has simply made Nigeria a joke with his crude and desperate ways.
Reading ur comments I wonder if dis is wat joblenes has done 2 u or ur brain is not functioning properly!! Was it Jonathan dat ordered the arest of dis man? Am sure he wasn't even aware of the arest.. Why can't u tink straight for once.. U accuse the President of bastardisin our security forces, wat do u say of an APC Local Govt chairman who oders his mopol to shut down a billboard dat didn't affect him in any way? If u want to speak, tink before u speak and not come here and type rubish.. Go get a job plsss

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by nuclearboy(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Thought the standard refrain is that everyone in Rivers (aside Govt house) is in love with GEJ?

Seems reality is very different from the propaganda IF you have to arrest and intimidate people to keep your posters up against their wishes
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by brownlord: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2014
hazekctravels:
Go get a job plsss

How do you expect him get another job when he needs to stay online 24/7, spreading propaganda and coordinating APC propaganda unit on nairaland, this job is time consuming.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Gbawe: 10:35am On Sep 02, 2014
barcanista: Sometimes I begin to wonder whether our REAL Armed forces servicemen have been moved for Peacekeeping Missions Abroad and the Man o' War are the ones doing their job

Bro, this is one of the signs of failed leadership I.e a seriously partisan and unprofessional armed force. We can all see how this Presidency tacitly encourages many high level security officers to discard the independence and profesionalism attached to their position worldwide in order to openly show clannish devotion and 'loyalty' to one man when they must, at least in public, remain dedicated to serving Nigeria without fear or favour.

No one is saying partisan political usage of our armed forces is new but it is mainly under GEJ that some folks in very sensitive offices now throw caution to the wind to expose their pro-PDP bias before the entire world when this is a no no. Tragic really.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, this is one of the signs of failed leadership I.e a seriously partisan and unprofessional armed force. We can all see how this Presidency tacitly encourages many high level security officers to discard the independence and profesionalism attached to their position worldwide in order to openly show clannish devotion and 'loyalty' to one man when they must, at least in public, remain dedicated to serving Nigeria without fear or favour.

No one is saying partisan political usage of our armed forces is new but it is mainly under GEJ that some folks in very sensitive offices now throw caution to the wind to expose their pro-PDP bias before the entire world when this is a no no. Tragic really.
Please see the thread on APC in the FP
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by Orunto: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Welldone Police. They are Vandals masqurading as Politicians.
Re: Police Arrests Rivers LG Boss For Destroying Jonathans Billboard by talktimi(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2014
Gbawe:

Mumu, I can only suggest that objective Nairalanders inspect the archived posts of both of you so they note extremely clannish and bigoted minds.
father of mumu's you don't have to advertise your crass stvpidity. Like I asked earlier, point out what omexonomy said that makes him a clannish bigot and if you're not a fool point out anywhere I have ever exhibited any trait of tribal/clannish bigotry when it is a well known fact that I'm against tribal warfare on this forum. When people say gbawe is a liar, you start getting high bp but the fact remains GBAWE IS A LIAR. Oluku

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Hardly Get What I Want In Life" - President Jonathan / Yoruba People Won’t Vote Buhari Because We Don’t Trust Fulani People. - Opc's Ga / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.