Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Another Pre-order scam - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Another Pre-order scam (603 Views)

2009 Toyota Camry Another Pre-order ARRIVED / Nnam.Okenna Of NL Tasting Fhemmmy Motos Pre-Order 2002 Toyota Camry - CLEARED ** / Another Pre-ordered Service: Jetta 2001 Volkswagen Gls... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Pre-order scam by MindYours: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2014
Just before this happen again...read this..!

The Nigerian nation and the Nairaland community in particular has in recent times witnessed an upsurge in horse trading and heated-arguments resulting from insincerity in our business dealings.

I have noticed with dismay how some of these deals go sour, most especially in the auto section and how buyers get embarrassed by these swindlers for parting with their cash. Here are some things I discovered.

1. Integrity cannot be graduated: You either have a 100% level of integrity or you don't have at all. You can't have 70% or 95% integrity. This means that if a Pre-order seller has been insincere to a client in the past, there is a likelihood of him being insincere to you too.‎

2.Not too big to collect your cash: Yes, the seller's are ONLY at their best when they haven't collected your cash. Once they do, you are at their mercy. If you call too much, they get annoyed, if your text comes in too much, they reply rudely, if you come to nairaland to ask for help, they say you are ranting.

3. Too big to serve: This is majorly our fault. They introduce a man to you as a big-time car dealer and the next moment, you start worshipping him, tell me, how do you expect a lord to treat his slave‎. You go to a big hotel and they show u the owner, you bow in awe, a hotel you won't sleep in for free.. this needs to stop.

4. The favour factor: Because of their too big to serve mentality, most sellers see the pre-order deal as doing the buyer a favour. And because they have probably handled a larger deal in the past (or in their dreams), they see yours as a corporate social responsibility which must be attended to at their own pace and with no bugging calls from you.‎

5. Robin Hood: Because of the corrupt law enforcement agencies we have and because of the "scammed" money at their disposal, some sellers can hold on to your pre-order cash, use it to attend‎ to already "ranting" customers while they wait for you to rant. And if you dare involve those dark uniformed men, they (sellers) will use ur money to get u locked up or get ur case twisted.

Finally, I want all Sellers, Hawkers, Vendors and Pre-order Gurus to know that they are not bigger than their customers. One way or the other, your customers feed you (except if crime feeds you). I also want the BUYERS to know that you are not been done a favour through these messy pre-order deals.
If all buyers could refrain from Pre-ordering vehicles for the ‎next few years, let's see what will become of this line of business.

My own contribution‎.

https://www.nairaland.com/1879407/pre-order-truama-ademola-triple-autos

https://www.nairaland.com/1838697/own-pre-order-tale-inspired-autos

https://www.nairaland.com/1173970/scam-alert-omowunmi-allen-pre-order

2 Likes

Re: Another Pre-order scam by twin7: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2014
I agree with you. It is known that logistics can't be readily predicted but still, these sellers need to work on the way they deal with the buyers. If a buyer is ranting, it is your responsibility as a seller to calm him/her down and not aggravate the whole issue. If your case is genuinely stated, unless the buyer is some sort of psycho, he'll see reasons and most importantly, that "I am doing you a favor" mentality needs to stop. People work hard for this money, least they expect is value in return not attitude.

(1) (Reply)

A Clean Registered 2004 Honda Accord Eod For N840k / Lagos Cleared Non Accident 2004 Infiniti Qx56 Tokunbo Full Option For Sale #3.5M / Unregistered 05 Xterra 1.2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.